Flash some cash....

This is a discussion on Flash some cash.... within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Through the door they will crash... Targeted victim of home invasion, gets shotty shoots intruder... Story: Victim in home invasion shoots suspect - TODAY'S TMJ4 ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By dukalmighty
  • 3 Post By Jaeger

Thread: Flash some cash....

Flash some cash....

Through the door they will crash...

Targeted victim of home invasion, gets shotty shoots intruder...

Story: Victim in home invasion shoots suspect - TODAY'S TMJ4

Yeah, I got tapatalk, too. So what?
    It could be worse.
    "The History of our Revolution will be one continued Lye from one end to the other."
    John Adams
    "A gun is kind of like a parachute. If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

2. Remove Ads

I read the so called news report. Whoever wrote that news story better start looking for a new job.

I remember the first time I ever flashed a wad of cash. It was 20+years ago and I was buying drinks for 20 or so in our party. Brings up fond memories of night maneuvers.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Senior Member Array NickBurkhardt's Avatar
    Buckshot went right through the exterior wall of his house.

Quote Originally Posted by NickBurkhardt View Post
    Buckshot went right through the exterior wall of his house.
    Fired several times,sounds like he missed his target a lot.That looks like the house has old style lathe and plaster walls which would have less bullet retention than modern walls with a 3 1/2" layer of insulatin in between the sheetrock outside plywood boxing and then siding.
    In that situation theres a great chance that handgun rounds would have penetrated the walls of the house.
    ANGLICO likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Good (I think!): Home invasion suspect shot by resident

The reason I say I *think* this is good is that police are asking the public to come forth with information. Not sure if that suggests something going on in the home or if they are looking for further suspects. I'll post if I see any updates.

Police: Would-be robber shot, seriously injured
    Every day without a negligent discharge is a good day.

Distinguished Member Array Jaeger's Avatar
    St. Louis, MO "The Most Dangerous City in America"
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Fired several times,sounds like he missed his target a lot.That looks like the house has old style lathe and plaster walls which would have less bullet retention than modern walls with a 3 1/2" layer of insulatin in between the sheetrock outside plywood boxing and then siding.
    In that situation theres a great chance that handgun rounds would have penetrated the walls of the house.
    I completely disagree that drywall would retain a bullet better than a wetwall. There is 1/2"-3/4" of concrete over the lathe before the plaster goes on, and I can't imagine that gypsum powder would stop a bullet better than rock in any event. Insulation, fiber glass, would have almost no effect, because the fibers don't tear, they shatter.

My house was built in 1917, and I've demoed two walls for a renovation. There is no way anything but a dangerous game cartridge would penetrate through 3 coats of plaster, 1/2" of concrete, the lathe, and then studs, and then do it again on the other side. The exterior walls are brick, but I doubt a pistol cartridge could actually make it to the brick.

I'm not going to shoot my walls to prove it, but modern, sheetrock constructing doesn't hold a candle to wet walls.

Sheetrock Penetration testing, Take 1 | The Truth About Guns
    StormRhydr, Tzadik and pgrass101 like this.
    “Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." C.S. Lewis

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    "I'm not going to shoot my walls to prove it, but modern, sheetrock constructing doesn't hold a candle to wet walls."

Ah come on . . . take one for the team!
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by NONAME762 View Post
    I read the so called news report. Whoever wrote that news story better start looking for a new job.
    I'm with you on that. It must have been a high school intern working at the local paper. Terrible sentence structure and punctuation.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

The person who wrote that article is certainly not the sharpest pencil in the box.

I think he is an embarrassment to his journalism school.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Links