Man brandishes at protesters...

This is a discussion on Man brandishes at protesters... within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; These folks have been protesting for quite some time now. Their protesting has been causing quite a ruckus. The local news has been covering them ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Man brandishes at protesters...

Distinguished Member
    Georgia..South of the mountains, north of the sand flies.

Man brandishes at protesters...

These folks have been protesting for quite some time now. Their protesting has been causing quite a ruckus. The local news has been covering them for a few days not. However, this happened and guess what? Not much local coverage? YET..

Man, 84, accused of pointing gun at anti-Obama protesters arrested in suburban Atlanta
    A wise man once said: "Bugout bag?..What's that? Is that all the junk you sidewalk commandos plan on humping when the SHTF...I'll grab a Nylon 66, a box of 22s and a poncho liner and in less than a week I will have all of your stuff and everything else that I need for the duration."

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Not going to end well for him.
    Doghandler likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Liberals: tolerant of everyone...(who has the same ideology)

At 84, you'da thunk he knew better. Proof that age does not equal wisdom...
    BenGoodLuck and ErnieNWillis like this.

Some people never really grow up mentally.
    Peace Through Strength, Victory Through Devastation
    Devastation to your doorstep in 30 Minutes or Less. Minuteman III--- SAC WILL BE BACK!http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic80391_2.gif

I like all kinds of foreign guns. Walther, SIG-Sauer, and H&K.

VIP Member
    Not a smart move on his part, I’m just surprised the anti-obama protesters were not arrested also after all our Glorious Leader is to be revered and can do no wrong.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

If it had been a Tea Party Conservative man brandishing, he would have been arrested for terrorist acts, with enhanced penalties because a firearm was involved, bond at $100K +...

But no, a ZERO supporter, wags his gun at two ladies protesting against ZERO... and he gets a $1000.00 bond.

And, there won't be any need for an attorney, IF it ever goes to the bench... Probably a plea deal to "stopping on the traveled portion of a thoroughfare..." $100 fine including costs... wink wink/ nod nod.... Oh, and here's your gun back.

I could go on and on about if it had been a conservative the warrant would have been issued for his home as well, and an ARSENAL of guns (870 wingmaster, Marlin .22, and of course, the gun in the car) would have been listed as an AK shotgun, an assault rifle, and a Glock with extended ammunition feeding device, along with a cache of ammunition.

But I won't go on, no sense in preaching to the choir.
    All that said....
    It could be worse.

Goes to prove that IDIOCY knows no age boundaries!

Distinguished Member
    Georgia..South of the mountains, north of the sand flies.
    FYI.. The area that the protesters were in is, quite conservative.. The local liberal, Atlanta media is not elaborating on this incident..
    A wise man once said: "Bugout bag?..What's that? Is that all the junk you sidewalk commandos plan on humping when the SHTF...I'll grab a Nylon 66, a box of 22s and a poncho liner and in less than a week I will have all of your stuff and everything else that I need for the duration."

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    Not a smart move on his part, I’m just surprised the anti-obama protesters were not arrested also after all our Glorious Leader is to be revered and can do no wrong.
    But this is in Gwinnett County, Georgia. If it were City of Atlanta, I would have agreed with you.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Hope he doesn't get life in prison...which could be just a few months.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Because he is an obama supporter he will be charged with all misdemeanors.

mkh
    The liberal authorities must be conflicted on this...

On one hand you have one of those crazy gun nuts being stupid with a gun. On the other hand you have a loyal Obummer fan doing something stupid. How do you play this one out?
    Ghost1958 likes this.

obama supporter trumps all...
    Ghost1958 likes this.

VIP Member
    Fercryinoutloud: The man is 84! We don't know the whole story, and it could very well be that he is cognitively impaired.
    "Oldtimer's Disease" or effects of a stroke, or a brain tumor. It could also have been an attempt at suicide; if not by cop by jail; as Retsupt said, a life sentence for him will just be a few months--- if that.

Here's a thought. Just as we have a separate juvenile justice system for people too young to be held responsible we need
    a separate "old timer's justice system" for people who are too old and ill to be handed the same sort of punishment that would be appropriate for a 29 y.o.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mkh View Post
    The liberal authorities must be conflicted on this...

On one hand you have one of those crazy gun nuts being stupid with a gun. On the other hand you have a loyal Obummer fan doing something stupid. How do you play this one out?
    You ignore politics and understand that it is likely the man ain't playing with a full deck. He probably belongs in a hospital and not in jail.
    Secret Spuk likes this.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links