Nude man shot in Miami

This is a discussion on Nude man shot in Miami within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Summary A 22 yr old busboy gets off work at 5;00 in the morning, he goes surfing, his friends steal his clothes, he runs home ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree81Likes

Thread: Nude man shot in Miami

Nude man shot in Miami

Summary A 22 yr old busboy gets off work at 5;00 in the morning, he goes surfing, his friends steal his clothes, he runs home nude, a 'South Beach' motorist sees him. The motorists turns around, gets out, they talk, and then shoots the 22 yr old kid.

HOLLYWOOD —
    Jandei Cherry, a free-spirited musician and doting father of a daughter about to turn 3, lost his life in circumstances strange even by South Florida standards.

Abandoned at the beach by a friend who took his clothes and skateboard, Cherry apparently decided to run home — naked.

The 22-year-old busboy was less than a mile into a 10-mile journey to Pembroke Pines when, police say, he got into a fight with a passing motorist who stopped to check on the nude man running west on Hollywood Boulevard.

Police have identified the man who shot Cherry as Duke Laguerre, 29. He told detectives he was driving west on Hollywood Boulevard between 5 and 5:30 a.m. Oct. 6 when he spotted the nude man. He passed by him, then turned around and went back, he told police.

Laguerre has not been charged in the shooting.

Naked man mystery: Pembroke Pines man shot dead in Hollywood - Sun Sentinel
    gatorbait51 likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    My first thought is it's going to be very difficult to mount a self-defense or life was threatened defense.

My second thought is there is always more to the story.
    40Bob, msgt/ret, atctimmy and 4 others like this.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Quote Originally Posted by bigmacque View Post
    My first thought is it's going to be very difficult to mount a self-defense or life was threatened defense.

If I was the naked man it could be argued that way. Normal men, no.

Odd story all the way around, and I agree there must be more to it.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Quote Originally Posted by bigmacque View Post

My first thought is why stop at 5;00 in the morning to chat with nude kid

Why would you turn around to go see a nude man? Call the cops. That's what they're for...

What I find to be most odd with the story is that he was in his early 20's and considered a good worker. What in the world are the odds of that?
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Definitely more to the story. Not sure why the guy turned around, sure wouldn't be MY first instinct.
    Secret Spuk and blitzburgh like this.
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

VIP Member
    Initial reports are seldom accurate, and by the time the true facts become known, they are often disregarded. I learned that lesson most vividly from the Zimmeran/Martin fiasco.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

VIP Member
    The only way i would even turn around and not sure i would do that, is to throw the guy a blanket or something so he could cover himself .

The first choice would to call police and let them handle it .
    At our old shop an older lady (naked) walked out of her home and down to a commercial set of buildings where our shop was and we got her something to cover her up and sat her down and called police to help her .
    She lived in the area , and was not of sound mind but i am glad she found some people to help her and not hurt her .
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

VIP Member
    3 pieces of advice:

1. Don't stop and turn around.
    2. Call 911.
    3. Let the police handle it.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    If I was the naked man it could be argued that way. Normal men, no.

Odd story all the way around, and I agree there must be more to it.
    Why? You got a spot where you could hide a gun naked?
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Distinguished Member Array technomonster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DontTreadOnI View Post
    Why? You got a spot where you could hide a gun naked?
    Cops Find Meth in Woman's Crack, Loaded Gun in Her Vagina
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    “Show me a young Conservative and I'll show you someone with no heart. Show me an old Liberal and I'll show you someone with no brains.” Winston Churchill

VIP Member
    I am going to go out on a limb here. The driver turned around to proposition the kid. The kid got offended and threatened to call the cops. The driver stopped that course of action. Just a pure guess.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

VIP Member
    She was so stupid she did not know that Cocaine went in the crack.
    gatorbait51 and DontTreadOnI like this.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Quote Originally Posted by ksholder View Post
    I am going to go out on a limb here. The driver turned around to proposition the kid. The kid got offended and threatened to call the cops. The driver stopped that course of action. Just a pure guess.
    That was what I was thinking too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    "My problem with life is not that it is rational nor that it is irrational, but that it is almost rational." - G.K. Chesterton

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links