Shocking 911 Tape

Shocking 911 Tape

This is a discussion on Shocking 911 Tape within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Not sure if this is already posted but its still a good reminder of some of the things we are fighting for, and the logic ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Shocking 911 Tape

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality

Shocking 911 Tape

Not sure if this is already posted but its still a good reminder of some of the things we are fighting for, and the logic we are fighting against!

Oregon Woman Raped After 911 Call Goes Unanswered | Fox News Insider
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

so wait a minute....911 operator says is he has a weapon or trying to cause you physical harm that is a different story...how different? Does that mean you now have someone you can send? If she was quicker on the draw so to speak she should have screamed 'OH MY GOD HE HAS A GUN' then drop the phone. Would have been interesting to see how long it took someone to show up after that.

You have to use something,but there just isn't anything at all shocking anymore,these days.

Some folks believe the Police are there for there protection. The government says they are, this women was let down by that mantra. This is a bogus misrepresentation of what the anti-self defense crowds advocates. I hope she takes the whole system down with a law suit....
    Aceoky, oneshot and Bad Bob like this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Distinguished Member Array BadgerJ's Avatar
    It galls me what the 911 operators say.

"Ma'am, Calm down" <--- when in the HISTORY of the universe has that ever helped?

Some of the completely inane questions they ask make you cringe. They're on par with 'Ma'am what's your favorite color'.

Here's a good one:
    an elderly lady was being attacked by 2 pitbulls. She called 911, and this is how similar the call went:

Lady: "Help! I'm being attacked by two dogs. Help me!"
    Operator: "What's happening?"
    Lady: "I'm being attacked by 2 pitbulls! Help me! I'm going to die!"
    Operator: "Okay, where are your parents?"
    Lady: I'm a 68-year old lady being attacked by 2 pitbulls. Please help me!"
    Operator: "Who are the owners of the pitbulls?"
    Lady: "I don't know. I'm being attacked! Help! I'm going to die"
    Operator: "Okay, please hold"
    bigpapa, Bad Bob, ANGLICO and 1 others like this.

VIP Member
    This is a replay of Warren v DC. Very similar case and, I suspect, it will have the same outcome - the government has no duty to protect you - period.
    mook012 likes this.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

My thoughts are 911 is just someone you call after you had to defend yourself. You are the First Defender.

You are on your own, period. SCOTUS has ruled that police have no duty to protect you no matter what anyone tells you and no matter what is labeled on the door of the police cruiser. Instead of the addicted I-Phone you had to have - buy a gun, train with it and defend yourself because no one else is going too. Stop living your life waiting for someone else to take care of your problems and for God sake - stop acting like a victim.

As for the 911 operator(??) she is about as clueless as the caller. Why answer the call at all if you can't do anything?
    Bad Bob likes this.
    " Life is tough and it gets tougher if your stupid." John Wayne.

Quote Originally Posted by BadgerJ View Post
    It galls me what the 911 operators say.

"Ma'am, Calm down" <--- when in the HISTORY of the universe has that ever helped?

Some of the completely inane questions they ask make you cringe. They're on par with 'Ma'am what's your favorite color'.

Here's a good one:
    an elderly lady was being attacked by 2 pitbulls. She called 911, and this is how similar the call went:

Lady: "Help! I'm being attacked by two dogs. Help me!"
    Operator: "What's happening?"
    Lady: "I'm being attacked by 2 pitbulls! Help me! I'm going to die!"
    Operator: "Okay, where are your parents?"
    Lady: I'm a 68-year old lady being attacked by 2 pitbulls. Please help me!"
    Operator: "Who are the owners of the pitbulls?"
    Lady: "I don't know. I'm being attacked! Help! I'm going to die"
    Operator: "Okay, please hold"

You're joking right, tell me that this is a joke. This is one that I've heard that a lady were in the closet and a intruder was in side her house so she call 911, the lady told the 911 operator that she have a gun the 911 operator told her mam put the gun down that the police in on their way. The time that the police arrive she had been rape and kill and the intruder gone.
    Glock 19 Gen 4, Glock 30s, Gen4 G27, Gen4 G29
    XDm .45 ACP 4.5
    Remington 870 Tactical Express 18'
    1972-2000 U.S Army Veteran, MSG

VIP Member
    This is reprehensible.
    But totally believable.

IDK if I could be a 911 operator.
    I think I would be compelled to tell the woman being raped, "I don't have anyone available, so I'M on my way!

Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors
    to live at the expense of everybody else.
    -- Frederic Bastiat, French economist
    blitzburgh likes this.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    Welcome to reality. Sad but true.

We (our Sheriff's dept) cover 1800 sq miles, often with only 1, sometimes 2 deputies. On a Saturday night about 3 or 4 weeks ago, two of us Reserve Deputies (in one vehicle) and one small-town City cop (who is very good by the way), and one state trooper, were the only Law Enforcement for the 1,800 sq miles, with 4 separate communities, each about 20+ miles from each other, and about 40 miles of a major interstate highway........
    Bad Bob likes this.
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

I spent an evening, last week, observing at a 911 call center. What an enlightening evening. Not to defend all 911 operations, but I am curious about something. When there are 6 - 911 calls, all claiming to be urgent, but actually of varying actual urgency, and there are 5 cruisers available in the zone, who has to wait? Suppose they call in a unit from another zone; how long does it take that officer to respond? In addition, who covers his area while he/she is out of their zone when the next 911 call comes in? Suppose there is a call for an armed robbery/assault in progress; how many of the zone units do you think roll, and who covers their area while they are committed.

I have to say it was an eye opening evening. I learned they have openings for 35 more 911 operators, but can't fill all the positions because of starting pay, and high turnover due to high stress. During the course of this Citizen's Police Academy, I also learned that our police force is 50 officers short for the same reasons. This program has opened a totally different view of policing, for me.

ps: Last night we got to go to the firing range. Wow!!
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

I find it pretty strange that they don't have some sort of backup list. You would think that some officers would sign up for overtime in certain situations. I understand this might get abused however in a handful of cases like this it could have been the difference between life and death...

I agree though. This is a personal responsibility wake up call... the only person responsible for your safety is you.....

If a person will not take responsibility for their own protection by arming themselves and the devil comes knocking this is what happens. LE can not proactively be everywhere at once and cannot protect the individual. Either a person realizes that and does something about protecting themselves or they dont. Sad. But thats the way it is.
    Aceoky and blitzburgh like this.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Megyn Kelly pointed out the many are saying the case provides clear evidence that when the police are unable to protect you, people need to be able to protect themselves with guns.
    Well, no crap. If this isn't a perfect example of why one should be armed, I don't know what would be. I'd be willing to bet a finger or two that any anti-gunner would be wishing to high heaven that they had a gun if they ended up in the same position this woman did.
    Brad426 and Aceoky like this.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links