Ugly and Bad: Arkansas man lost in Chicago shot and killed

This is a discussion on Ugly and Bad: Arkansas man lost in Chicago shot and killed within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Arkansas man robbed, shot dead after asking for directions in Chicago | Fox News One question might be were they truly "lost" in Chicago, or ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: Ugly and Bad: Arkansas man lost in Chicago shot and killed

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar

Arkansas man robbed, shot dead after asking for directions in Chicago | Fox News

One question might be were they truly "lost" in Chicago, or were they out "looking" for something else??????????
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

Sounds to me like something is missing from this story. A bit odd to be "asking directions" at the wee hours of the morning like that, in that area. Just saying.......

Sauce
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaplain Scott View Post
    Arkansas man robbed, shot dead after asking for directions in Chicago | Fox News

One question might be were they truly "lost" in Chicago, or were they out "looking" for something else??????????
    Really, though? After reading that article, THAT'S your thought?

If you're in Chicago and you become a victim of a violent crime, you probably were doing something bad anyway, right?

In one of the most dangerous cities in our country, THIS is what you think?
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaplain Scott View Post

That is one of those "Aside from all that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you like the play?" questions.
    gatorbait51, BadgerJ and warbirds like this.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sauce View Post
    Sounds to me like something is missing from this story. A bit odd to be "asking directions" at the wee hours of the morning like that, in that area. Just saying.......

Sauce
    I have been lost in both Chicago and Detroit in the wee hours of the morning. Does that mean I deserved to be shot in the back four times? Just asking...
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

There's always more to the story. Point is, stay away from Chicago. Also New York, Detroit, and DC.
    Oldpsufan and gatorbait51 like this.
    ...there is no arguing with such snivelling puppies, who allow superiors to kick them about deck at pleasure.

Captain Bellamy

Certain elements of American "society" have become criminally violent to the extreme. They care little for Human life except for their own. They can't see others as valuable and place none upon them, It's basically a live for the moment self-absorbed existence.

It can be in Chicago, Detroit, LA, NYC or plain old Mainstream America. We have a large group of people who are just plain violent to satisfy their desires.

How we tackle this "problem" is essential. The criminal mindset that advocates violent and deadly behavior is perhaps the most complex thing we know. Is there an answer to people who commit violent and deadly acts? I don't know but unless something is done and not the disarming of innocent law abiding people this will continue unabated.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Quote Originally Posted by maxwell97 View Post
    There's always more to the story. Point is, stay away from Chicago. Also New York, Detroit, and DC.
    But that "more" doesn't always include guilt of the deceased.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

"Violent crime is down in Chicago compared with last year, when homicides surged past 500 for the first time since 2008."

Ahhhh, the AP twist.
    gen3, pittypat21 and gatorbait51 like this.

Distinguished Member Array Oldpsufan's Avatar
    First of all I wouldn't be in Chicago much less be driving around in the wee hours, and If I were and was lost, I'd drive to the nearest beltway and leave 'till morning.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tidal View Post
    "Violent crime is down in Chicago compared with last year, when homicides surged past 500 for the first time since 2008."

Ahhhh, the AP twist.
    More likely attributable to the ammunition shortage than anything else.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

I was riding with a guy in San Antonio,thatwas looking for a tire shop to fix a flat tire,I'm not real familiar with SA but it dawned on me real quick this idiot was in a BAD NEIGHBORHOOD,he jumped out of the truck to go in a convenience store to ask if there were any tire shops open,leaving me in the truck which seemed to attract about a 1/2 dozen Ghetto Urchins attention,while watching 360 I slid my 1911 out of my holster and under my left leg.when he got back I asked him if he was out of his mind or just that stupid
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array Hodad's Avatar
    If the guy was from Arkansas and was in Chicago, being lost is a vast understatement.

Depending on where is Arkansas he was from it sounds like he was lost by about 500-700 miles!! Now that's LOST!!!
    NONAME762 and gatorbait51 like this.
    "Life is tough but it's really tough if you are stupid"

Police spokesman Officer Jose Estrada says the man Franklin asked for directions climbed in the backseat and robbed Franklin and a friend at gunpoint.
    Not much is making sense here but one thing is for sure..That Arkansas boy was a long way from home.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

"Police spokesman Officer Jose Estrada says the man Franklin asked for directions climbed in the backseat and robbed Franklin and a friend at gunpoint."

I don't mean to speak ill of the dead but there's something very wrong with that...
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links