What Should You Do if You’re Threatened by a Mass Murderer?

This is a discussion on What Should You Do if You’re Threatened by a Mass Murderer? within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Very good Article Originally posted in Forbes (09-04-3013) What Should You Do if You're Threatened by a Mass Murderer? | Cato Institute It rips apart ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: What Should You Do if You’re Threatened by a Mass Murderer?

What Should You Do if You’re Threatened by a Mass Murderer?

Very good Article Originally posted in Forbes (09-04-3013)

What Should You Do if You're Threatened by a Mass Murderer? | Cato Institute

It rips apart the Liberal concept that only the POLICE should have firearms !

2. Remove Ads

Nice article. Here is the Cliff Notes version:

The point in this article isn’t to criticize police. The point is you need to understand that if you’re threatened by a killer, you’re on your own, and you must take initiative to protect yourself. There’s a high probability that police cannot stop the killer in time to save you.

Distinguished Member Array Glock2201's Avatar
    I would do whatever was in my power to survive and keep my family safe.

I always find it ironic that law enforcement heads often say that if you are attacked you need to find ways to protect yourself but at the same time people in the government are trying to take away your ability to protect yourself.
    Kennydale, rcsoftexas and ccw9mm like this.

Sorry- I think I'll go ahead and shoot back before testing my luck jumping out of windows.
    rcsoftexas, Aceoky and Kennydale like this.

VIP Member
    I will use whatever is at hand to stop an attack.
    Kennydale, rcsoftexas and Aceoky like this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    Nice article. Here is the Cliff Notes version:
    The point in this article isn’t to criticize police. The point is you need to understand that if you’re threatened by a killer, you’re on your own, and you must take initiative to protect yourself. There’s a high probability that police cannot stop the killer in time to save you.
    Not much more to think through than this.
    rcsoftexas likes this.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Distinguished Member Array Hodad's Avatar
    What's to think about? Believe it or not sometimes thinking can be the worst thing you can do.

ACT!!!!!

Many times robbers, murderers, muggers etc. depend on fear to freeze their victims and make them cooperate. If you perceive that your life is in imminent danger do something. After all what have you go to lose?

Would I risk my life to save my stuff (i.e. money, property etc.) Heck no!!!!

Would i risk my life to save my life? Not even a moment of hesitation.
    "Life is tough but it's really tough if you are stupid"

For most of us in this forum its a choice that we have made long ago. If faced with a threat, we will take on that threat with greater violence.

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    As was said on Firefly; "And don't you ever stand for that sort of thing. Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back. "

Quote Originally Posted by OutWestSystems View Post
    As was said on Firefly; "And don't you ever stand for that sort of thing. Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back. "
    Gorram right! (Loved Firefly! )

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk now Free
    pittypat21 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array technomonster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by warbirds View Post
    Sorry- I think I'll go ahead and shoot back before testing my luck jumping out of windows.
    you can levitate yourself with your CCW like Yosemite Sam.
    “Show me a young Conservative and I'll show you someone with no heart. Show me an old Liberal and I'll show you someone with no brains.” Winston Churchill

I cower and whine allowing him to feel the rush that he so loves to feel when he's applying his trade. Then, I smile and introduce him to my dark side and Yadda Yadda Yadda, oh hell, I'd just pull my gun and shoot him over and over while shouting rude names.
    Jeanlouise and rcsoftexas like this.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

That is an EXCELLENT article. Gotta hand it to Cato.

I remember reading about the New York immigration center incident when it happened, it should have gotten a lot more attention. The police arrived three minutes after the call -which is plenty of time to kill multiple people already - and then stood around for forty minutes. Doubtful that this was the fault of the officers, that was probably exactly their procedure.

The guns of the police are a lot more likely to be holstered while they're investigating a murder than used to stop a murder.
    Aceoky, Ghost1958 and rcsoftexas like this.
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

That's the point I believe that in any emergency, you are probably stuck with your own resources and ingenuity. Not that rescue is not coming? But you can't count on it. The Liberal anti gun people all say (They have said it to me) Unless you HUNT!, why do you need a gun/military assault rifle/high capacity magazine (or Clips because they dont know the difference). one former FB friend of mine basically all hunters where like NAZIS and should be shot. (I don't hunt, but dropped her because there was no use in debating anything she disagreed with). The biggest disaster in the last few years that showed this was Hurricane Katrina. There we saw what martial law would be like. People in NOLA and coastal areas were basically left to fens for themselves. the majority of police action was not made in an effort to ease individuals discomfort, they were there to disarm anyone that had a firearm.

I used to respect the police..........NO MORE !
    rcsoftexas likes this.

An article worth reading...
    I'll give it a...

Thanks for posting...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links