Man taking out trash robbed of phone, shot at

This is a discussion on Man taking out trash robbed of phone, shot at within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Man taking out trash robbed of phone, shot at...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Man taking out trash robbed of phone, shot at

gatorbait51 likes this.

I used to take my gun with me when I took out my trash. Really. I still do it.

Reason why was the garage apartment across the alley from my detached garage and my garbage can was next to it. The apartment across the alley was the home of some drug dealers and with my coming and goings, they used to give me dirty looks as I was out there.

I figured that one day, it would come down to a confrontation and I wanted to be packing my nine to equalize the situation. Fortunately for me, they got busted by the Huntington Police Dept and that solved the problem with them. The critters still running up and down my alley present a new challenge. I still take my pistol with me, even taking out the trash.
    ccw9mm and gatorbait51 like this.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

always carry. always.
    "In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king."

Sumpin don't sound right.....there's more to the story. Me thinks drugs.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Don't tread on me or mine.
    I am comfortable laying on a rock in the sun; bothering no one. If you choose to ignore the above statement, you will wish all you had to do, is deal with a snake.

armed while taking out the trash? Hahahahaha. You guys crack me up. What a bunch of fraidy cats. Kidding.....here's my "taking out the trash story".

One night around 10pm I was cleaning my place and decided to take some things to my condo complex dumpster. I dropped an XD 9SC in my cargo shorts pockets and stuck a small 300 lumen
    flashlight in my back pocket to ward off the raccoons that seemed to enjoy life in our dumpster. I had just finished dumping my bags of trash and was heading back to my building when a young
    woman wearing nothing but her under pants came screaming out of the building next to the dumpster. She was screaming, " He's going to kill me, he's going to kill me". Naturally she spied me and
    immediately ran and hid behind me and demanded that I help keep someone from killing her. I asked who was trying to kill her, and she told me it was her boy friend, and he was very high on several
    different drugs. I was soon joined by a young Spanish male from the upstairs unit above hers. I gave the half-naked woman my jacket and we got her to calm down and called 911 for the calvary. Turns out the young guy from upstairs was in the Police academy and was armed with a Glock 27. We introduced ourselves and were making small talk about guns and the situation when from out of the woman's condo emerges Godzilla on steroids. She failed to mention that her drugged up boyfriend was about 6' 6" and 300 pounds....of pure prison pumped muscle. Fortunately, the guy was higher than Ben Franklin's kite and just wanted the woman to come back inside. He was actually pretty mellow, but his size scared me and I kept my distance. I told him the police were on their way and he needed to go back inside. Well, he did not like that sentence and started to move aggressively towards both me and the young Spanish guy. Apparently the Police Academy training was taking effect as the young guy ordered Godzilla to remain where he was and to not take another step. I think our demeanor and attitude clicked with the guy and he just took off walking as he apparently did not want to speak with the Sheriffs Deputies.
    Sheriff's Deputies showed up and gave us a little background on our "Damsel in Distress". They told us she was a runner for the San Juan Cartel, and she had some very, very bad friends.....including Godzilla (they already knew who he was). They somewhat scolded both of us for getting involved because they told us that we were lucky Godzilla just didn't kill both of us. The young Spanish guy and I just looked at each other and smiled. I just had my hand in my pocket on my XD, and young Spanish Dude had his hand in his pocket on his Glock 27.

.....I never go looking for trouble.....but sometimes trouble just finds me. And when you are in it......you are in it deep. Be armed always.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

You guys lead more exciting lives than I do and I'm happy to keep it that way.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

When I first started carrying I thought it was a bit much to carry doing yard work, taking out the trash etc around the house. No specific event changed my mind but after carrying for a while I realized it is not hard to keep a gun on your person at all times (except in the shower.)

Pocket guns like LCPs leave no excuse to not be armed.
    Wunderneun and gatorbait51 like this.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Distinguished Member Array Wunderneun's Avatar
    I go no where outside my residence without a firearm. Whether I'm taking the trash out or in the back yard with the dog, or checking the mailbox there is a firearm on me somewhere.
    gatorbait51 and JDavisArk like this.
    Peace Through Strength, Victory Through Devastation
    Devastation to your doorstep in 30 Minutes or Less. Minuteman III--- SAC WILL BE BACK!http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic80391_2.gif

I like all kinds of foreign guns. Walther, SIG-Sauer, and H&K.

Armed at all times.
    Ksgunner likes this.

I've forgotten to go armed, outside, once or twice over the past 20yrs. And I've beaten myself up for it, each time.

You never know what life is going to throw at you.

Anytime ... anywhere. Always be armed, in some fashion. Can't very well use what you don't have with you, and hindsight won't solve the problem for you any better than wishing you could place a 911 call for InstaCop presence that won't appear.
    Wunderneun and zonker1986 like this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    I've forgotten to go armed, outside, once or twice over the past 20yrs. And I've beaten myself up for it, each time.

You never know what life is going to throw at you.

Anytime ... anywhere. Always be armed, in some fashion. Can't very well use what you don't have with you, and hindsight won't solve the problem for you any better than wishing you could place a 911 call for InstaCop presence that won't appear.
    I'd beat myself up, too, if I forgot... but I can't... my hands are registered deadly weapons... I'd end up going to jail for self inflicted manslaughter... Hard to prove innocence, testifying against your own self...

So, I try really hard not to forget...

Just a little levity... nothing to see here... move along...
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    Sheriff's Deputies...told us she was a runner for the San Juan Cartel, and she had some very, very bad friends.....including Godzilla (they already knew who he was)...they told us that we were lucky Godzilla just didn't kill both of us...
    And herein lies the problem. The Sheriff's Office knows all of this yet these people are still out among the citizenry. Exactly the reason we need to carry firearms. We don't have a gun problem, we have a criminal problem. They know who they are and what they're doing and they do nothing to stop them.
    zonker1986 likes this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by rammerjammer View Post
    When I first started carrying I thought it was a bit much to carry doing yard work, taking out the trash etc around the house. No specific event changed my mind but after carrying for a while I realized it is not hard to keep a gun on your person at all times (except in the shower.)

Pocket guns like LCPs leave no excuse to not be armed.
    I carry in the shower, LOLOL
    Ghost1958 likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackUncle View Post
    I carry in the shower, LOLOL
    Wow. That was really clever......maybe not.
    I haven’t heard any of the journalists who volunteered to be waterboarded asking to have their fingernails wrenched out with pliers, or electrodes attached to their genitals.

My wife wonders why i carry even in the house. My next door neighbor. who is not exactly a pro 2a person wants a shotgun for her house, and a door mat that says "DUE TO INCREASE IN AMMO COSTS, THERE WILL BE NO WARNING SHOTS"

It's a dangerous world out there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links