Bad : Another Student Brings a Handgun to School

This is a discussion on Bad : Another Student Brings a Handgun to School within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Why is this happening? We have had several events in my area with this. Have our students gone totally loony? This is just further crap ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Bad : Another Student Brings a Handgun to School

Thumbs down Bad : Another Student Brings a Handgun to School

Why is this happening? We have had several events in my area with this. Have our students gone totally loony? This is just further crap for the anti-gun people to jump on and insist we no longer are capable of owning firearms.

High School Student Charged with Bringing Gun to School
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post
    Why is this happening? We have had several events in my area with this. Have our students gone totally loony? This is just further crap for the anti-gun people to jump on and insist we no longer are capable of owning firearms.

Maybe some of the teenagers have arrived at the same conclusion which many of us who carry 24/7 have.
    StormRhydr and jenatron like this.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

+1 for what Mike said....though I expect he was joking. But, decades ago, in some rough schools, kids would bring guns to school.

Not most kids, of course, but way before kids were planning mass school shootings, some schools were rough places. Few brought guns...everyone else brought knives, or the girls brought mace.

I had the misfortune of going to one of those schools for a couple of years. We actually had armed policeman in the halls, and on our buses.....AND THEY WERE NEEDED.

The first day of gym class, in the locker room, I had a snubbie pulled on me. The kid made no attempt to shoot me. He was just putting on a show for his friends who thought it was a hoot.

I carried a buck folding hunter every day after that. Fortunately, that was the last gun I had pulled on me in school.

Zero tolerance for Nerf guns in the front yard before school. I wonder what comes from this?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by StormRhydr View Post
    +1 for what Mike said....though I expect he was joking. But, decades ago, in some rough schools, kids would bring guns to school.

Not most kids, of course, but way before kids were planning mass school shootings, some schools were rough places. Few brought guns...everyone else brought knives, or the girls brought mace.

I had the misfortune of going to one of those schools for a couple of years. We actually had armed policeman in the halls, and on our buses.....AND THEY WERE NEEDED.

The first day of gym class, in the locker room, I had a snubbie pulled on me. The kid made no attempt to shoot me. He was just putting on a show for his friends who thought it was a hoot.

I carried a buck folding hunter every day after that. Fortunately, that was the last gun I had pulled on me in school.
    No, I was not joking. It's rough and mean out there, like you said.
    StormRhydr likes this.
    Tuco

I think the kid who pulled the snubbie on StormRhydr needed a blanket party in his honor ASAP back then. When I was in Boot Camp a 'blanket party' was given to a guy who needed extra motivation. Similar to what happened to the slow guy in Full Metal Jacket. The slow guy tried harder after that and actually graduated.
    StormRhydr likes this.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NONAME762 View Post
    I think the kid who pulled the snubbie on StormRhydr needed a blanket party in his honor ASAP back then. When I was in Boot Camp a 'blanket party' was given to a guy who needed extra motivation. Similar to what happened to the slow guy in Full Metal Jacket. The slow guy tried harder after that and actually graduated.
    And then he shot his DI with an M-14.
    Brad426 likes this.
    Tuco

Distinguished Member Array Hodad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Maybe some of the teenagers have arrived at the same conclusion which many of us who carry 24/7 have.
    You may be right, but there is a reason that in most states you have to be 21 to carry.

With few exceptions, teenagers are brain dead when it comes to being responsible. I know that was true in my case.
    TDH1961 likes this.
    "Life is tough but it's really tough if you are stupid"

And then he shot his DI with an M-14.
    After his USMC troubles, he joined the NYPD. Just see Law & Order Criminal Intent. He's there.

Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post

One reason is some moronic children can't be satisfied playing all the idiotic violent video games available so they want to try it for real.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pappou68 View Post
    After his USMC troubles, he joined the NYPD. Just see Law & Order Criminal Intent. He's there.
    While still having time for "Salton Sea". Vincent D'Onofrio is one scary dude.
    Tuco

While still having time for "Salton Sea". Vincent D'Onofrio is one scary dude.
    Whoa, never put two and two together to realize that D'Onofrio was the FMJ guy. He's a good actor, IMO.

Back OT: What I want to know is why the kid brought a clip with his pistol. I'm curious as to how he planned on making that work, using a clip with a pistol...
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

Bullying. Having a gun at school is sometimes a defense against bullying by bigger kids. Big problem.

Distinguished Member Array brocktice's Avatar
    FTA: "They called him into the office. Police say they found the gun, a clip and 10 9mm ammunition rounds."

What 9mm handgun uses a clip?
    StormRhydr and jenatron like this.

Quote Originally Posted by brocktice View Post
    FTA: "They called him into the office. Police say they found the gun, a clip and 10 9mm ammunition rounds."

What 9mm handgun uses a clip?
    It seems that you and I think alike. I'm hoping to find one (9mm that takes a clip). Maybe somebody created a 9mm, handgun version of the Garand or Mosin.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links