Weapon Keeps man safe in attempted carjacking

This is a discussion on Weapon Keeps man safe in attempted carjacking within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; nice story! My only complaint would be the headline...I don't like "Weapon Keeps Man Safe" any more than I like "Weapon Kills Child"...it wasn't the ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weapon Keeps man safe in attempted carjacking

nice story! My only complaint would be the headline...I don't like "Weapon Keeps Man Safe" any more than I like "Weapon Kills Child"...it wasn't the weapon that did it...but then "Prepared Man Doesn't Get Hurt" doesn't really have a ring to it either...how about "Alleged Carjacker Pees Pants While Running Away"

2. Remove Ads

Glad he is ok...very unique situation did not say if the BG had a weapon. I feel that if I need to pull it then I need to use it. Nevertheless, glad he is ok.
    Listen, Think and React.....Nuff Said.....

Maura Carabello, Gun Violence Prevention Center of Utah: "They could injure themselves, often not well equipped psychologically; they often don't know how to shoot or handle a weapon with proficiency."

There are always so many holes in these anti's statements that a 3rd grade debate team could beat them. For example "They could injure themselves,..." Huh? So it's better to let someone else injure you?

"...often not sell equipped psychologically,..." So does that mean that we are well equipped psychologically to be beaten, maimed, or killed?

Yeah, I know. Preaching to the choir.
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." - Alexander Hamilton, The Federalist Papers at 184-188

Quote Originally Posted by BlueLion View Post
    Glad he is ok...very unique situation did not say if the BG had a weapon. I feel that if I need to pull it then I need to use it. Nevertheless, glad he is ok.
    I find this quote from the intended victim telling "Finally he told me he was going to kill me and take my car for himself. At that point I felt like he was going to kill me and I feared for my life so I drew my firearm and called police."

This tells me this man knew the law and thought through his actions before and after the fact. I suspect that the perp did not have a weapon and the situation went more like this..... perp approaches intended victim without a visible weapon and demands victim give him the car. Intended victims pulls Kel Tec and says "I don't think so". Perp pees his pants and runs away. I am sure if the perp had approached the victim with a weapon threatening his life we would have one less criminal in Utah.

Being a thoughtful responsible individual he knew exactly what to say when the police arrived so that some ACLU lawyer type didn't pounce on him. I can just hear them saying...... the poor (fill in the blank) didn't "really" have a weapon. The evil gun toting man should have waited until he had the gun pulled on him before he pulled his gun on the porr (fill in the blank), etc. etc.
    Last edited by B52Wing; December 18th, 2006 at 05:19 PM. Reason: typo

It alwaya amazes me how the anti gunners can take a positive situation like this and turn it against us. Like the comment about , they don't all end this way. C'mon give the guy a medal and thank him for protecting himself and others!
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

What a surprise, according to the anti gunners we are always "lucky" the way it turned out or we are "not well equipped psychologically" to handle the situation where we might have to defend ourselves or our loved ones.

That's all crap. Just because they are sheep and they know they could never hurt anyone even to save their sorry butts they project those same frailties onto everyone. Well, I for one say "Shut your pie hole". I am very well equipped to handle it psychologically. If someone were going to kill me for a car, they have forfeited their right to life.

I remember a great story that happened in Charleston SC while I was stationed there in the Navy in the early 90's. An old man was driving to the store when a young punk stuck a gun in his ear at a stop light and told him to give him the car. The old man said he would give it to him with no problem but he couldn't walk without the walker he had in the trunk and asked the punk to get it for him and then he would surrender the car. He popped the trunk and the punk went to get it. When he came back with the walker, there was the old man standing at the open drivers door holding a snub nosed .38. He shot the punk who later dies of the single chest wound. Too bad huh? Good for the old man.

Age and smarts win every time over youth and stupidity.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links