Bad: Possible Shooting At LAX

This is a discussion on Bad: Possible Shooting At LAX within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Possible shooting at LAX this morning. Didn't see this posted yet: Shooting at LAX: TSA agent, alleged gunman wounded - latimes.com...

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree65Likes

Thread: Bad: Possible Shooting At LAX

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar

Possible shooting at LAX this morning. Didn't see this posted yet:

Shooting at LAX: TSA agent, alleged gunman wounded - latimes.com
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

They apparently caught the shooter.

I was driving on the 105 fwy which leads to LAX, I saw several news helicopters and a LAPD copter. The helicopters were out of place and that many copters near LAX is not normal, I knew something wasn't right, then I get alert from NBC news saying that there was a shooting.

Several people shot, TSA employee shot.
    KABC-TV Los Angeles News, Weather & Traffic | Southern California News | abc7.com

Federal agents are saying the situation has ended.

105 freeway west leading into LAX shutdown, several of the major artery streets into LAX shutdown.

Shooting occured at 9:20, man walks in with a "RIFLE" and opens fire in Terminal 3 which is Virgin Atlantic. Witnesses say two burst of gunfire at least 8-10rds fired.

The travelers were trapped because they were in the upper level of the terminal, and the shooting took place on the 1st level. They couldn't go down because the shooter was there and couldn't get past security.

People ran onto the tarmac and were held at gunpoint by responding officers.

LE and fire still rolling in.

Bad and Sad. Not sure yet if they made it through TSA check or not. I hope those who were shot will be OK. Just heard bad guy shot in leg and in custody

Triage area set up but so no one really hurt, so that's good doesn't seem like the shooter had a lot of conviction or fired off his burst of rounds and was immediately shot and lost all will to fight.

*TSA employee shot in leg.

As of right now the word is that a man approached the security check point and shot the TSA agent in the leg, they said he never made it pass the security checkpoint.

*Witnesses heard 8-10 shots.

LAPD
    LASD
    El Segundo PD
    CHP
    FBI

President Obama briefed on the incident, LAPD Chief Beck and LA Mayor Eric Garcetti left LAPD academy Graduation and are now at LAX at the command center.

One Victim shot in the mouth.

Many people have abandoned their cars on the streets and are walking to LAX, dragging luggage and kids along. They don't care they are trying to catch their flight lol.

One witness says he saw the "RIFLE" and it looked like an AR-15, he said it was black and high powered.

I can't take what he says 100% because he then said "I saw a clip next to it, and two more clips about eight feet away", I understand most people don't know they are called magazines but cmon now geez.
    brocktice likes this.

They're claiming that an AR 15 was used but of course still can't differentiate between a .223 and a "high powered" rifle. geeze
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Quote Originally Posted by DontTreadOnI View Post
    Possible shooting at LAX this morning. Didn't see this posted yet:

Shooting at LAX: TSA agent, alleged gunman wounded - latimes.com
    Impossible. LAX is a gun-free zone. There must be a mistake. Didn't the criminal see the signs?

Just came in.

One TSA agent is reported to be killed or has died, I wonder if it's the person who was shot in the mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by stylus View Post
    Impossible. LAX is a gun-free zone. There must be a mistake. Didn't the criminal see the signs?
    They are saying this guy walked up to the ID check point and then pulled out a "RIFLE" and shot the TSA agent who was checking ID's.

Now where was this guy carrying his rifle and how did he get it in?

Guess he didn't get the memo.

Well if the suspect doesn't die of his injuries, this dude's going away for a LONG time.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links