Armed home invader shot... Resident shot, too.

This is a discussion on Armed home invader shot... Resident shot, too. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; One lives, one died. One less criminal. God speed, the surviving resident, seriously injured. Story: Police respond to report of shooting on Reed Road Now, ...

Like Tree15Likes
  • 1 Post By oakchas
  • 3 Post By gasmitty
  • 2 Post By warbirds
  • 1 Post By brocktice
  • 6 Post By RETSUPT99
  • 1 Post By KimBobTex
  • 1 Post By wysh

Thread: Armed home invader shot... Resident shot, too.

Armed home invader shot... Resident shot, too.

One lives, one died.

One less criminal. God speed, the surviving resident, seriously injured.

Story: Police respond to report of shooting on Reed Road

Now, catch the other invader and charge him with the homicide of his accomplice.

Yeah, I got tapatalk, too. So what?
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    All that said....
    It could be worse.

2. Remove Ads

Unfortunately, the article appears to mis-characterize the dead guy as a "victim."
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

More to the story. Why would shooting an armed robber be ruled a Homicide?
    GlassWolf and gatorbait51 like this.

Distinguished Member Array brocktice's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by warbirds View Post
    Justifiable homicide? I'd like to know more as well.

EDIT: Wikipedia on Justifiable Homicide
    gatorbait51 likes this.

This may help with your question...

Taken from "The Free Dictionary"...
    Homicide
    The killing of one human being by another human being.

Although the term homicide is sometimes used synonymously with murder, homicide is broader in scope than murder. Murder is a form of criminal homicide; other forms of homicide might not constitute criminal acts. These homicides are regarded as justified or excusable. For example, individuals may, in a necessary act of Self-Defense, kill a person who threatens them with death or serious injury, or they may be commanded or authorized by law to kill a person who is a member of an enemy force or who has committed a serious crime. Typically, the circumstances surrounding a killing determine whether it is criminal. The intent of the killer usually determines whether a criminal homicide is classified as murder or Manslaughter and at what degree.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by brocktice View Post
    Justifiable homicide? I'd like to know more as well.

EDIT: Wikipedia on Justifiable Homicide

Some states, Texas and Oklahoma being two of them, have laws on the books that hold ALL BG's responsible for the death(s) of anyone, good guy or bad guy, that occur during the commission of a crime. This makes all surviving BG's eligible to be charged with murder if one of their BG buddies is killed, regardless of the level of their involvement, armed or not, even if they're only the gettaway driver that stayed in the car & didn't even enter the premises (house, store, bank, etc.).

This law is applied especially if / when it's an innocent that is killed, all BG's involved are game, not just the one that pulled the trigger.

This is as it should be in all 50 states.

Here is a DC thread running on an OKlahoma case off this very nature. Stewart & Martin commit a home invasion, single mother home owner kills Martin, Stewart gets away, is later caught, & now on trial for Martin's death.

Good: OK Home Invasion Murder Trial To Begin
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Asked by a CNN reporter "What do you feel when you shoot a terrorist"?, the Marine sniper simply shrugged & replied "recoil".

Now more than ever, we are at war on our home soil ... WAKE UP & arm our troops when they are on home soil!

I asked this question a while ago to a relative that is a retired judge. He said any person dead as a result of another persons activities is a homicide. Even a car accident, or work accident. At court it is determined the clasification of such homicide. He said that if a homicide is caused by the activities of a third party this person could be criminally charged even if the person fisically causing the death is not.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

It should be classified as a "work related death."

The other suspect will get caught eventually. If he was wounded bad enough, he will require medical attention. If he doesn't and is hurt that badly he may die from his wounds. Either way he is going to pay a price for going along with the dead guy.

I hope the real victim, the one who was injured in the invasion recovers.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Distinguished Member Array GlassWolf's Avatar
    Ask the lawmakers of Md, DC, and Il.

All defensive shootings that result in death are ruled a homicide though, until the prosecutor determines that it was justified. That's pretty standard practice.
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Links