Garden State Plaza Mall.........Paramus, NJ.

This is a discussion on Garden State Plaza Mall.........Paramus, NJ. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; So last night around 9:25PM this fella decides he's going to walk into the mall here in NJ dressed in black with a rifle and ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Garden State Plaza Mall.........Paramus, NJ.

Garden State Plaza Mall.........Paramus, NJ.

So last night around 9:25PM this fella decides he's going to walk into the mall here in NJ dressed in black with a rifle and who knows what else...starts firing at inanimant objects like the roof and escalator. The stores go into lock down with their patrons locked inside for hours. Over 1,000 shoppers inside the news states and LE can't find the guy....believe he left.....as of this morning, TG no innocents were hurt, gunman found dead of SIGSW and the crimes scene remains shut down..... So here we go .....The Great State Of New Jersey.....where no one can legally carry or defend themselves IMO.....duty to retreat. A thousand shopper's and no one is capable of stopping the BG. Could have been ..like sheep at the slaughter...lucky for us, it wasn't, but when are the good people here in NJ gonna wake up and realize LE cannot protect us, only show-up to clean-up the mess afterwards......really, what's it gonna take.....Disgusted.

http://www.nj.com/http://www.nj.com/
    Jeanlouise likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array GlassWolf's Avatar
    Ever notice that this sort of stuff keeps happening.... in the states with the tightest "gun control?"

CT, CO, CA, NJ, MA, NY... I see a pattern here of seeking the path of least resistance. I also see a pattern of all the nutjobs being right at the core of blue states.
    rigel42 and Alex_C like this.
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

VIP Member
    Very odd little incident. Other than attempted suicide by cop, and a major chickening out, I can't imagine what the
    dude was up to.

If that is the mall I think it is, I've been in it one time about 11 years back. It is perfectly situated for a fast getaway.
    You could blend in with heavy traffic on the streets surrounding, or quickly get onto the parkway and be gone in a flash.

Let's hope there is sufficient video inside and from the parking lots that he'll be quickly identified and caught.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

VIP Member
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Quote Originally Posted by GlassWolf View Post
    Ever notice that this sort of stuff keeps happening.... in the states with the tightest "gun control?"

CT, CO, CA, NJ, MA, NY... I see a pattern here of seeking the path of least resistance. I also see a pattern of all the nutjobs being right at the core of blue states.
    This is why I'm surprised this sort of thing hasn't happened in an Illinois mall. (knock on wood) Although, we have had incidences at universities.
    ”One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them.”
    ~Thomas Jefferson

"Carry your gun - it's a lighter burden than regret."
    ~Breda

Quote Originally Posted by xXxplosive View Post
    The stores go into lock down with their patrons locked inside for hours ... TG no innocents were hurt ... LE can't find the guy....believe he left.
    The "lock down" can't have been that effective, if people could get in or out during the time. BG exits and is found elsewhere. Who knows how many entered or exited during the same time.

Fact is, though, folks didn't have much ability to effectively defend themselves. Had the BG opted to root around for folks to kill, he'd likely have found plenty. Plenty who were incapable of withstanding the violence ... despite being "locked down" behind the pretty glass displays and all.

Quote Originally Posted by xXxplosive View Post
    ... when are the good people here in NJ gonna wake up and realize LE cannot protect us, only show-up to clean-up the mess afterwards......really, what's it gonna take.
    Hell freezing over, I'd say. That, or SCOTUS pulling the finger out and finally acknowledging that shall not be infringed means exactly that, and that folks who are criminalized for daring to carry the means of saving their own lives is an unconstitutional infringement. Of course, the SCOTUS change will take folks being appointed who have a clue to the intent of the 2A, instead of the politically-twisted contemporary meaning it's taken to be. And in an anti-gun environment raising such folks, that's gonna be a hard slog.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Sad situation I hope the folks there come to the realization that defenseless = victim and vote accordingly.

Not only are the folks here defenseless.....they're senseless....IMO......an ole' man once told me..."The Masses are Asses".

So the stores went into "LOCKDOWN" which means they had a bunch of people contained behind a locked GLASS door and GLASS windows,one shot and the barrier is gone,and he now has a target rich environment.
    StormRhydr likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by GlassWolf View Post

Exactly. I fail to see how anyone can be so oblivious to the correlation between the locations of these mass shootings and the availability of firearms to the law-abiding public.

Less gun owners = more crime.

More gun owners = less crime.

I feel like there should be one of those "it's not complicated" ads covering this. I'm sure the children on those ads could see the sense of an armed populace when presented with the facts, unlike many of the adult population...
    British by birth. American by choice.

Distinguished Member Array GlassWolf's Avatar
    Also, apparently more liberals = more nutjobs. I'm not trying to be mean here, and I dislike the entire two party system we have now, but look at the facts. Pretty much all of the recent mass shootings have been done by either registered democrats, or by children of parents who are dems. Lanza, Hassan, Dorner, Holmes, and the list goes on. They always accuse "tea-party types" when the news hits, then the facts come out after officials look into these peoples' backgrounds and invariably, they turn out to be of a progressive mindset.
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    So the stores went into "LOCKDOWN" which means they had a bunch of people contained behind a locked GLASS door and GLASS windows,one shot and the barrier is gone,and he now has a target rich environment.
    Unknown how many of the shops at that spot have those steel security "grates" (gates) that can be lowered over the storefronts. In many malls I've been to, such barriers are there on all the big shops, if not all of them. Still, glass is glass, and when gone then a shooter can easily pick off people through the grate. And defenseless is defenseless, in an open shop with a clear view from the walkway.
    StormRhydr likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Sounds like the guy wanted death by cop.

Glad he didn't intend to take other people's lives in the process. Reports showed he had ample opportunity to.

The truth is, yes. CCW holders present would have neutralized the situation sooner (with hopefully no collateral damage - most of us aren't commando trained on a daily basis). But when a bad guy decides to do something bad, he will always have the advantage and damage will be done. Whether we like it or not.

Just glad that aside from some shot up elevators and cameras and the perp himself, nothing and no one else was harmed.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Unknown how many of the shops at that spot have those steel security "grates" (gates) that can be lowered over the storefronts. In many malls I've been to, such barriers are there on all the big shops, if not all of them. Still, glass is glass, and when gone then a shooter can easily pick off people through the grate. And defenseless is defenseless, in an open shop with a clear view from the walkway.
    Most shops have back rooms that aren't visible from the front. But as you say, if a gunman really wanted in he could fire through the glass windows and get in that way.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Really....my point is....nobody here cares about protecting themselves....they all think someone else is going to do it for them....then when that goes south, they panic in fear....remind you of something....the herd mentality....it's really pathetic that this state still makes it impossible to defend yourself with it's current gun and knife laws...hell, even slingshots and rubber band guns are illegal here...I kid you not.
    ccw9mm likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links