Family rescues woman who was abducted-Abductor Killed

This is a discussion on Family rescues woman who was abducted-Abductor Killed within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I'm not sure if this has been posted or not yet but it seemed relavant. This woman was abducted by an ex, the family didn't ...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By gasmitty
  • 1 Post By Ghost1958
  • 1 Post By KyBill
  • 1 Post By gottabkiddin
  • 1 Post By TwistShot
  • 1 Post By jackson85746

Thread: Family rescues woman who was abducted-Abductor Killed

Sponsor

Family rescues woman who was abducted-Abductor Killed

I'm not sure if this has been posted or not yet but it seemed relavant.

This woman was abducted by an ex, the family didn't give up looking for here and eventually found her and her kidnapper. During a confrontation, to protect her life they shot and killed him.

Provided their account is accurate (Which I hope it is), job well done.

Louisiana family rescues bloodied, kidnapped woman from ex-lover: report* - NY Daily News

-Clay

2. Remove Ads

Happy ending.
    weekend pre-apocolypse nomadic warrior, leather duster and all.

Distinguished Member Array lionround's Avatar
    I busted a mirror and got seven years bad luck, but my lawyer thinks he can get me five.
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

In all that video, I was surprised to see only one LEO with a long gun approaching the house from what looks to be a long way off. Anyone else think that's a little deficient?
    oneshot likes this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Rescued is rescued. Not dead is not dead because somebody got there in time.

Of course there is that judge in Ga that would rule they should have stood there, called police and waited while the girls throat was cut in front of their eyes
    cbp210 likes this.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Sadly, our statutes largely don't distinguish between reasonably taking our lives into our own hands and taking "the law" into our own hands (aka, vigilantism). If it happened anywhere other than Louisiana, they might well already be wasting away in jail pending charges for exactly that. We'll have to see how this one goes.

Can't say as I exactly agree with the concept that this is what we hire police for, and that that simple fact we've hired some folks to do such things equates to disallowing and criminalizing our ability to do the same when we personally witness violent felonies in progress ... despite the fact that we've gone in search of loved ones in dire deadly need. (Lost kid, go hunting for him/her in the neighborhood, see an abductor violating him, take him down when he threatens death upon the child or those coming to his aid. Little different than that, if done in much the same way, IMO.)

That said, it's heartening to see some folks utterly fed up with the ludicrous tangled system we have. Even so, in a violent hostage type situation, there are any number of variables and realities for which the average person simply has never trained and isn't prepared. Can't imagine the average citizen having much chance of everything coming out clean like this. They apparently formed their own "posse" and went felon hunting. Hopefully they won't be jumped on too heavily, once the DA gets through with them.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I think the DA will have difficulty making a case. All the eyewitnesses 'prolly have the same recollection of events leading to the unfortunate demise of the abductor. But to every cloud there is a silver lining, the taxpayers will not have mourn the expense of a trial for the 'accused'.
    Ghost1958 likes this.

Victim safe, abductor dead. I call that a win win...
    airslot likes this.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Hopefully they won't be jumped on too heavily, once the DA gets through with them.
    If that happens it will be a travesty of justice.

I like the DA in our town. She sends almost everything to the Grand Jury and lets them decide.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Distinguished Member Array BlackStallion29's Avatar
    You gotta love a little backwoods justice. The family saved us a bunch of tax dollars doing what they did.
    "Everybody gets knocked down in life. How you choose to get back up is up to you!"
    *NRA* *BFA*
    *GOA* *SAF*
    *NAGR*

Detached reflection cannot be demanded in the presence of an uplifted knife -- Oliver Wendell Holmes.

Choice of evils.

The trouble is, though, that these folks went looking for the guy. That right there is going to seem, in some people's minds, tantamount to vigilantism and forming an unofficial posse outside the "authority" of the law. Yet, law derives from the people, and these people were the victim's family and loved ones. IMO, they have every right to halt an active violent felony in progress right under their noses, just as anyone would on the street, despite the fact they'd been keeping their eyes/ears open for the location of the guy for two days.

Good luck to them all. May the DA and GJ have sanity and rationality, here. For, justice has been served. And that's the whole point.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Lesser of two evils

No (real) person wants to take a life but to take a life to save a life is a fair trade in my book regardless of what happens in the aftermath.
    airslot likes this.

VIP Member
    Looks like Scott Thomas picked a good day to die.

Thanks to the family he will no longer be able to victimize and abuse anymore.

May his soul burn in hell.

The DA and the police should not even consider insulting justice and that family by advancing this case.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

IMO, The very minute he abducted the sister, Scott Thomas committed suicide. He is dead; taken care of by family members.......as it should be
    ccw9mm likes this.
    Don't tread on me or mine.
    I am comfortable laying on a rock in the sun; bothering no one. If you choose to ignore the above statement, you will wish all you had to do, is deal with a snake.

So so glad that her family was able to rescue her and that she will be able to recover from her physical wounds. Such a sad story.
    NRA Member
    Criminology Student
    Expert in learning :)

Links