Milwaukee Police take out gunman after attempted carjacking

This is a discussion on Milwaukee Police take out gunman after attempted carjacking within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Police shoot, kill gunman inside Milwaukee transit center The thing that hits home for me here is this location is directly across from my workplace ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Brad426
  • 1 Post By dukalmighty
  • 1 Post By RETSUPT99

Thread: Milwaukee Police take out gunman after attempted carjacking

Milwaukee Police take out gunman after attempted carjacking

Police shoot, kill gunman inside Milwaukee transit center

The thing that hits home for me here is this location is directly across from my workplace (although I just happened to be off of work today, so I wasn't in the area for this)
    Every day without a negligent discharge is a good day.

2. Remove Ads

Pretty close to my work as well on Michigan.
    CC Gun: Springfield XD-S 9mm
    Other: Beretta Neos .22

Nowhere near where I work, but when you refuse to put your gun down when the police tell you to and then get "threatening", you get what you get.
    ccw9mm and msgt/ret like this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

If a day ever comes that I have my gun drawn and an LEO yells drop it,I'm dropping it like a hot potato,it's a lot easier and cheaper to buff or refinish a gun,then to plug bullet holes if you survive
    ANGLICO likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

This dirtbag got 'exactly' what he earned...I have no problem with it, and the taxpayers were saved a bunch of $$. I call that a win-win.
    ugh762x39 likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array skysoldier29's Avatar
    Good guys +1

Distinguished Member Array BadgerJ's Avatar
    Sorry, but I don't like this story. Consider how a transit center is constructed. Lots and lots of concrete. Three cops, plenty of cover, well-armed, vests and they can't subdue a subject or wait him out and have to shoot him? The justification is also pretty weak. 'His behavior became threatening'. What does that mean? It doesn't say he pointed the gun at the officers. It's very vague.

Maybe he was a robber, but last time I checked, even attempted armed robbery does not justify a death sentence. To me, this is just another case of cops thinking they haz a gun so someone needs a-shootin'. What happened to calling in help, using less-lethal, staying behind cover?

I'd like to see ALL deadly cop interactions be videoed and reviewed. And don't tell me they didn't have time to fire up a video cam. The guy was found just sitting on a bench.

Links