"Knockout Game" / Situational Awareness.

This is a discussion on "Knockout Game" / Situational Awareness. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Aside from the obvious feelings of disgust watching this, I find myself wondering what use carrying would have been in most of these situations. The ...

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast
Like Tree451Likes

Thread: "Knockout Game" / Situational Awareness.

"Knockout Game" / Situational Awareness.

Aside from the obvious feelings of disgust watching this, I find myself wondering what use carrying would have been in most of these situations.

The teacher could have walked the other way or made a point of creating distance, but they'd probably be in his face for being "racist" then too. I guess that's preferable, at least he'd be able to draw.

The lady later in the video had no chance.

Hot New Game Called "Knockout" | Java Joel
    BenGoodLuck and gatorbait51 like this.

2. Remove Ads

And now you know why we profile....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

VIP Member
    Nothing new. Like Harry said, you can live in condition clueless if you want, and end up like that teacher on the sidewalk.

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    The trick is to be more aware of your vulnerabilities and always have a plan.

How might it have adjusted those boys attitudes if the teacher had pivoted and slammed his attacker into the wall--knocking him out!

Distinguished Member Array shadowwalker's Avatar
    Stay alert and be aware this stuff has been going on for some time and it makes no difference if its big city or small town it is on the climb and many are not reported.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoganbeg View Post
    The trick is to be more aware of your vulnerabilities and always have a plan.

How might it have adjusted those boys attitudes if the teacher had pivoted and slammed his attacker into the wall--knocking him out!
    Scenario 1: Kid getting slammed originally had no ill intent and guy doing the slamming goes to jail. Not right but is quite plausible.

Scenario 2: Kid gets slammed and his homies either a) swarm the guy and beat him to a pulp or b) report him to cops (remember they're just good, choir boys out for a walk...) and he goes to jail. It's basically a lose-lose situation unless you're a blameless choir boy out for a walk, "knock-out" an unsuspecting pedestrian and get away because anyone who drops a dime on them is obviously a raaaaaaaaaaaacist!!!!!!

What's a person to do beside (if you possibly can) avoid, avoid, avoid?
    gatorbait51 and american23 like this.
    -- Robert
    NRA Life Member

Stiff, mandatory sentencing. Say 20 years, for this behavior.
    ctr, cn262, Spade115 and 4 others like this.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Well Ive known several good boys with iron jaws that the one punch attempt better be dead on and lot more behind it than some skinny kid or thered be three or four knock outs, and stomped to a jelly like goo if they werent stopped.

You have to do your best to try to stay out of range if you cant then not be walking with your head down thinking about whats for supper
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

VIP Member
    The lesson that was reinforced for me was SA, SA, and more SA. Of course there's no guarantee that we'll always be aware and always see it coming, but those unfortunate people in the video never saw it coming at all because they were in Condition White all the way. I've heard about this disgusting activity (I refuse to call it a 'game') for some time and I seem to recall that someone actually was able to either fight back or shoot dead one of these punks.

If I'm not mistaken, it looks like the punch is more to the temple/side of the head, rather than the jaw. A punch there will most likely take someone out.

Found an article about a gang picking the 'wrong guy':

http://www.wnd.com/2012/10/black-mob...the-wrong-guy/
    gatorbait51 and Se7en.US like this.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aylorian View Post
    Aside from the obvious feelings of disgust watching this, I find myself wondering what use carrying would have been in most of these situations.

The teacher could have walked the other way or made a point of creating distance, but they'd probably be in his face for being "racist" then too. I guess that's preferable, at least he'd be able to draw.

The lady later in the video had no chance.

Hot New Game Called "Knockout" | Java Joel
    The victims in those vids didn't have a clue between them. Hands anywhere around the interview or surrender position will likely prevent a knockout, and it goes very quickly from there.
    Badey and gatorbait51 like this.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

sick and well I will hold back my comments on this video
    40Cal365, gatorbait51 and Smarshe like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Aylorian View Post
    Plenty of use, so long as a person is capable of recognizing brewing situations and taking pains to maintain some distance. If clocked from behind, though, being armed would be about as useful as having a cell phone with 911 on speed dial.

SA, SA, SA. Can't resist what you can't see coming. Can't keep folks outside "the bubble" if you don't have one. Can't see a situation for what it is with the head buried in the phone or the clouds. Yup.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    And now you know why we profile....
    And why we are disgusted by a liberal gubmint that disallows a proven technique.
    IsaiahM33, ctr, gdolson and 3 others like this.

Distinguished Member Array sealteam20001's Avatar
    Realy Sad to know dirtbags like that exist.
    gatorbait51 and american23 like this.

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by robhic View Post
    Scenario 1: Kid getting slammed originally had no ill intent and guy doing the slamming goes to jail. Not right but is quite plausible.

Scenario 2: Kid gets slammed and his homies either a) swarm the guy and beat him to a pulp or b) report him to cops (remember they're just good, choir boys out for a walk...) and he goes to jail. It's basically a lose-lose situation unless you're a blameless choir boy out for a walk, "knock-out" an unsuspecting pedestrian and get away because anyone who drops a dime on them is obviously a raaaaaaaaaaaacist!!!!!!

What's a person to do beside (if you possibly can) avoid, avoid, avoid?

And that's why people tolerate assault; fear of the assailant and fear of the "Justice" system.

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Links