NYPD off duty cop beaten

NYPD off duty cop beaten

This is a discussion on NYPD off duty cop beaten within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Suspect Arraigned In Beating Of Off-Duty NYPD Cop « CBS New York Anyone else see this? It almost made me sick when I watched it. ...

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree102Likes

Thread: NYPD off duty cop beaten

NYPD off duty cop beaten

Suspect Arraigned In Beating Of Off-Duty NYPD Cop « CBS New York
    Anyone else see this? It almost made me sick when I watched it. How would you have reacted being on scene? If it hadn't been NYC would you have used your ccw?
    gatorbait51 and american23 like this.
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large, is that they be properly armed."

Yes
    StormRhydr and BenGoodLuck like this.

Would I have used any weapon at my disposal instead of being put into a coma from being beaten so badly? ...YES.

Quote Originally Posted by StormRhydr View Post
    Would I have used any weapon at my disposal instead of being put into a coma from being beaten so badly? ...YES.
    No, I mean had you been a bystander, would you have used a weapon to intervene?
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large, is that they be properly armed."

Quote Originally Posted by rugerdude12 View Post
    No. Not unless me or mine were threatened. I may well have phoned it in.

Id lay odds that if you pulled a gun on that bg, that you would have had to shoot him multiple times to keep him off of you. I dont think he would have stopped simply seeing a gun aimed at him. Not in the state he was in.

VIP Member
    If that was what it took to stop the felonious assault which was taking place. Then again, I have a bias based upon people I have known.
    BenGoodLuck likes this.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Doesn't matter to me that the man was an off-duty LEO, except I wonder how he was overcome. Did the suspect sucker punch him to spark it off in a way that the LEO did not see it escalating?

It's unfortunate and the suspect is a piece of garbage that belongs in a cage.
    “There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.”
    ― Albert Einstein

Senior Member Array BigCityChief's Avatar
    Yes - in NYC or any other place where I was carrying a firearm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    bigdogtx likes this.
    Retired LEO
    NRA Member

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    Are off duty cops allowed to carry in NYC?
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

Quote Originally Posted by Brady View Post
    Are off duty cops allowed to carry in NYC?
    that is a good question, I think I remember president Bush signing something that says an officer can carry a firearm anywhere at anytime but with NYC who knows...

i think so.. but even if he could carry off duty he wouldn't have been doing so at that time. The article said he was drunk (also was at the night club). doubt he would be carrying that night if he was allowed to anyway.
    rugerdude12 and Logic like this.

Quote Originally Posted by discoboxer View Post
    Doesn't matter to me that the man was an off-duty LEO, except I wonder how he was overcome. Did the suspect sucker punch him to spark it off in a way that the LEO did not see it escalating?

It's unfortunate and the suspect is a piece of garbage that belongs in a cage.
    I read in another article that they were both drunk, its hard too tell how the beating started because the video starts with the LEO already unconscious

Yes its called the LEOSA

The Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act (LEOSA) is a United States federal law, enacted in 2004, that allows two classes of persons—the "qualified law enforcement officer" and the "qualified retired law enforcement officer"—to carry a concealed firearm in any jurisdiction in the United States, regardless of state or local laws, with certain exceptions.

I read in another article that they were both drunk, its hard too tell how the beating started because the video starts with the LEO already unconscious
    here is the full vid i saw earlier.

Off Duty NYC Cop Beaten by Thug - YouTube

i was upset after watching this... I lived in NYC for 18yrs before i joined the Military. These type of "thugs" need to be put behind bars.
    american23 and rugerdude12 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by USMC_CBRN View Post
    here is the full vid i saw earlier.

Off Duty NYC Cop Beaten by Thug - YouTube

i was upset after watching this... I lived in NYC for 18yrs before i joined the Military. These type of "thugs" need to be put behind bars.
    No, these types of thugs need to be put down.
    NONAME762, darbo and ZX9RCAM like this.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links