Another anti group that doesn't make any sense

This is a discussion on Another anti group that doesn't make any sense within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; More ignorant people that can't separate actions from objects. Unfortunately this ones in my state. Portsmouth is an overly liberal town. I could see them ...

Like Tree14Likes
  • 1 Post By 031131
  • 1 Post By DontTreadOnI
  • 1 Post By luvmy40
  • 2 Post By OutWestSystems
  • 1 Post By OldVet
  • 3 Post By ccw9mm
  • 5 Post By Secret Spuk

Thread: Another anti group that doesn't make any sense

More ignorant people that can't separate actions from objects. Unfortunately this ones in my state. Portsmouth is an overly liberal town. I could see them getting the businesses to go along with it.
    Fosters.com - Dover NH, Rochester NH, Portsmouth NH, Sanford ME
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    From the article:

“Children aren’t thinking about constitutional ideology. They are thinking about what makes sense.” -Groat

Thems fighting words right there lady.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Sponsor
    Just another bunch of will fully ignorant knee jerk liberals, or a group of Mothers with good intentions and no real knowledge of the facts?

The former is a lost cause and the later an opportunity for education. I wish I knew how to be more effective at the education.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    T*A*N*S*T*A*A*F*L
    The best things in life are not free.
    They are paid for with the blood of brave men and women!
    M&P Forum
    Ohioans For Concealed Carry
    Holsters

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    The fun thing to do with these people is ask the same question; "How would those laws prevent gun violence or mass shootings?" About the only answer they will ever have is; "It is a start".
    gatorbait51 and Secret Spuk like this.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Someone is draggin' a big hammer this way.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Quote Originally Posted by From the article
    Local Moms Demand Action against guns: Want more comprehensive background checks, ban on open carry in retail stores
    They should demand more effective action against crime. Going after guns won't reduce crime or the number of criminals. And disarming potential victims ahead of the predators arriving will only result in disarmed victims. AKA, a shooting gallery, a target-rich environment ... lunch.

A few thoughts:

• Stiffer penalties for the truly violent, recidivist.

• Removal from circulation permanently, for the worst.

• More community-based policing, proactive instead of reactive.

• More strong, close-knit family units that can better raise children to responsible adulthood.

• Better education about the real world, instead of infused with lies and deceit all over the place.

• In-school education of self-defense skills, support of a questioning mind, shooting for the highest standards instead of reducing to the lowest-common denominator, and instilling virtue instead of simply indoctrinating conformance.

• Oh yeah, and removal of weaponry while the truly-violent are being removed from our midst. That's only one tiny part of it, and that has nothing to do with all the rest.
    niks, Secret Spuk and gatorbait51 like this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

These dingbats have a choice... Their children WILL be exposed to firearms. They can expose their children to firearms in a positive manner. Or someone else will expose their children to them, in maybe a not so positive light.

The reality they need to understand is... Criminals dont get back ground checks. Criminals dont care about laws or rules.
    gatorbait51, ccw9mm, niks and 2 others like this.

From the article:

Its hard because at places like Target the toy department is located next to the television section. They play movies with destruction and violence and it is right there by the Tonka toys and Legos and all the stuff we would like them to be exposed to, Groat said. We dont live in a bubble, we live in a society.
    The fact that the same person said these two sentences makes my head hurt. You don't just live in a bubble, lady, you live in a fantasy land.

Ha…They don't play movies with violence and destruction in the middle of the store. Talk about exaggeration.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

Distinguished Member Array BadgerJ's Avatar
    Without the means, will and empowerment to self-defend you are doomed to be a victim, to adopt the victim mentality.

From the article
    Gun rights supporters and our group agree on teaching parents to be safe. Maybe that is the one place where we can start,” Groat said.
    This is the only thing she said that makes any sense....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Distinguished Member Array GlassWolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DontTreadOnI View Post
    From the article:

“Children aren’t thinking about constitutional ideology. They are thinking about what makes sense.” -Groat

Thems fighting words right there lady.
    And we all know that children, with their severely underdeveloped brains, are the zenith of logic and reason and complex thought.

...OOH! Shiny!
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Sponsored Links