A Well Prepared Family Deals With a Stubborn Uninvited Visitor

This is a discussion on A Well Prepared Family Deals With a Stubborn Uninvited Visitor within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; “The only time I cursed was when he was going to lay down and bleed all over my couch,” Melissa said. “Don’t you dare bleed ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: A Well Prepared Family Deals With a Stubborn Uninvited Visitor

“The only time I cursed was when he was going to lay down and bleed all over my couch,” Melissa said. “Don’t you dare bleed all over my (expletive) couch! He lay down on the floor.” Added Bart, “He became very compliant at that point.”
    Jeff Jardine: Rural Oakdale family knew the drill when it came to defending against intruder | Local News | Modesto Bee

Distinguished Member Array lionround's Avatar
    She said she was willing to take a bullet. Good thing she didn't have to.

GG=1. BG=0.
    If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

Distinguished Member
    Good story. Those people were prepared and trained their family also. Nicely done. I love it when the good guys & gals win.
    shadowwalker likes this.
    I shoot with a pistol and a Canon. We must all hang together amigos, or we will all hang separately. NRA life member.

Glad the couple and couch are OK. They did well
    BenGoodLuck likes this.

VIP Member
    I love it.

I had to laugh at that one.

Glad it turned out ok. Even for the couch.

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing."
    "People crushed by law, have no hopes but from power. If laws are their enemies, they will be enemies to laws; and those who have much to hope and nothing to lose, will always be dangerous." - Edmund Burke 10-08-1777
    "Ours is the only country deliberately founded on a good idea." ~John Gunther

Good for the family. I am wondering though " the husband shot the guy in hip". Is there some new tactical advantage to shooting a BG in the butt that I havent heard about??? Seems like seeing several stories where the BG got in the rear end
    BenGoodLuck likes this.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Senior Moderator
    NIce story
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost1958 View Post
    Good for the family. I am wondering though " the husband shot the guy in hip". Is there some new tactical advantage to shooting a BG in the butt that I havent heard about??? Seems like seeing several stories where the BG got in the rear end
    I always thought the hip is on the side of the body.

anatomy_hips.jpg

What's troubling to me is that this is the second story I've read in as many days where the BG kept re-entering the house, despite having been shot or shot at. What are these guys on? When this guy's ear was nicked, why didn't he exit post haste and keep on going? That's why my training is based on stopping the threat. This threat wasn't stopped with the first shot, and the husband did the right thing to be vigilant. I was also impressed with how he got the BG outside of the home while the wife called 911.
    Ghost1958 likes this.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

Quote Originally Posted by BenGoodLuck View Post
    I always thought the hip is on the side of the body.

anatomy_hips.jpg

What's troubling to me is that this is the second story I've read in as many days where the BG kept re-entering the house, despite having been shot or shot at. What are these guys on? When this guy's ear was nicked, why didn't he exit post haste and keep on going? That's why my training is based on stopping the threat. This threat wasn't stopped with the first shot, and the husband did the right thing to be vigilant. I was also impressed with how he got the BG outside of the home while the wife called 911.
    Well technically it is on the side like that there picture of a hip joint. I just sort of assumed the butt cheek cuz usually in a new article they dont say in the a~~, or he was shot in the butt cheek or the left glute muscle.

Everything Ive ever read in the news about a shooting that got hit like that from the front or side was referred to as upper thigh or pelvis or something like that.
    Hence my thinking he somehow got shot in the butt cheek. My bad for assuming and i stand in humbly corrected
    BenGoodLuck likes this.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

I'm guessing he wasn't aiming for the hip, more likely thats just where the bullet ended up in the chaos.

The article is kind of misleading at the end, talking about, because they were "skilled", they didn't shoot to kill even thought they'd have been justified. Seems to me, a bullet that nicks the ear was meant to blow his head off.

kinda scary that someone would break back in after a shot at his head.

Should nickname his wife Doc after Doc Holiday in the movie, blasting away with two guns at once like that

All she missed other than the BG was intoning " Ive got two guns. And their both for YOU!!!
    ugh762x39 likes this.

To get serious for a moment sounds to me like the guy got away from LE hid in that house and once discovered and not shot right off, then missed by two gun sally with two shots except for getting his ear pierced, was trying to get their guns and either take them hostage
    ShooterGranny likes this.

I am quite sure they are reviewing and revising their plans, bunch of what ifs being tossed around.
    Very glad that the Good Guys came through it all safe! Yes, even two-gun momma's couch.
    "If you can do it, you damn well better be able to look at it!".....Matt Helm

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost1958 View Post
    To get serious for a moment sounds to me like the guy got away from LE hid in that house and once discovered and not shot right off, then missed by two gun sally with two shots except for getting his ear pierced, was trying to get their guns and either take them hostage
    Thats my thinking too... anyone willing to attempt to get back in after seeing a gun and/or being shot should probably be assumed to be pretty dangerous.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links