News was GOOD; letter to editor, just kinda funny

This is a discussion on News was GOOD; letter to editor, just kinda funny within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This is related to a news story already covered, so I think this is the right place for it. If not, apologies. Here's a letter ...

Thread: News was GOOD; letter to editor, just kinda funny

News was GOOD; letter to editor, just kinda funny

This is related to a news story already covered, so I think this is the right place for it. If not, apologies.

Here's a letter written to the Minneapolis Star-Tribune, about their coverage of a self-defense story. Just had to share; it illustrates so well the delusional state of many gun-control advocates, and the outrage they feel when someone dares publish facts that contradict their worldview.

"INTRUDER KILLED

Don’t go thinking it’ll work for you

As a person who believes in reasonable measures of gun control in our country, I look to the daily news with a continuing sense of frustration and dismay. In light of this, I was disappointed to see the Nov. 16 headline celebrating a quick-thinking burglary victim who was able to get to his gun and kill the young man who was threatening him (“Gun to head, man thought fast”). I would criticize the Star Tribune for choosing it for the top of the front page and painting it with black-and-white brush strokes of a good guy with a gun defeating a bad guy with a gun. I could just imagine the NRA cheering, perhaps making T-shirts. Never mind the dead person, since he was a bad guy. Never question whether there are other ways to protect our property or our persons. So we go on, waiting for the next shooting. The gun lobby’s hold over our country is, and should be, one of our greatest shames. In the future, please try not to assist it."

Readers Write: (Nov. 22): Q Comp, rewards and perks, 'We The People Act,' intruder killed | Star Tribune
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Write back with your opinion...
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Write back with your opinion...
    Considering that, but the Red Star-Tribune is pretty selective about what it lets into the paper.
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

Links