Woman Shoots Son-in-Law

This is a discussion on Woman Shoots Son-in-Law within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This happened in Logan County WV. The guy was arguing with wife, cops come, he is told to leave. He returns to break in. He ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Woman Shoots Son-in-Law

Woman Shoots Son-in-Law

This happened in Logan County WV. The guy was arguing with wife, cops come, he is told to leave. He returns to break in. He gets gut shot with a .25 acp. He lived but required surgery at a local hospital. At least the mousy .25 stopped a threat.

The story.

Woman Shoots Son-in-Law in Self Defense
    ArmyCop likes this.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

2. Remove Ads

What?! A .25 stopped a threat? There's just no way this story is real.

Good for her. I'm glad she was armed and able to defend herself. Domestic's have a tendency to get real ugly, real fast, so there's no telling what would have happened had she not been armed and able to stop the threat.

Every once in a blue moon, I get a wild hair and decide to let my old Colt .25 ride along for the day.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Distinguished Member Array BadgerJ's Avatar
    Airlifted? The guy will be hit with charges and a $10,000 ambulance fee charge. That's adding insult to injury.

Good on the Mother for protecting her den and her cub.

Quote Originally Posted by BadgerJ View Post
    Airlifted? The guy will be hit with charges and a $10,000 ambulance fee charge. That's adding insult to injury.

Good on the Mother for protecting her den and her cub.
    could be over $25k for life flight.
    blitzburgh and JoJoGunn like this.
    It's December 1941 in Casablanca, what time is it in New York?

Distinguished Member Array Hodad's Avatar
    They have helocopters in WV???
    vice87, JoJoGunn and archer51 like this.
    "Life is tough but it's really tough if you are stupid"

Quote Originally Posted by Hodad View Post
    Actually they were invented here. Along with shoes, and the "tooth" brush. The latter was because if it were invented any place else it would be the "teeth" brush.

It really is sad however that this woman had to resort to shooting the SIL. We have a case here in my county (Cabell) where a woman shot & killed the boyfriend of her daughter when he came to her house. The daughter was seeking refuge and said he was going to "gut" the girl with a knife. Not to be bashing the PD here but it took them over an hour to respond to the 911 call.

She is currently on trail again for murder. Apparently the dead guy is the nephew of some prominent person and they want her guilty of murder. She has maintained that it was in defense of her child and has never waivered from it.

A .25 ACP? What, was she out of pointy sticks?
    JoJoGunn likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post
    Actually they were invented here. Along with shoes, and the "tooth" brush. The latter was because if it were invented any place else it would be the "teeth" brush.

It really is sad however that this woman had to resort to shooting the SIL. We have a case here in my county (Cabell) where a woman shot & killed the boyfriend of her daughter when he came to her house. The daughter was seeking refuge and said he was going to "gut" the girl with a knife. Not to be bashing the PD here but it took them over an hour to respond to the 911 call.

She is currently on trail again for murder. Apparently the dead guy is the nephew of some prominent person and they want her guilty of murder. She has maintained that it was in defense of her child and has never waivered from it.
    Isn't WV one of those states where you can petition or otherwise influence the state or county attorney to convene a grand jury?
    JoJoGunn likes this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodad View Post
    Is one landing skid longer than the other?
    JoJoGunn likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    Isn't WV one of those states where you can petition or otherwise influence the state or county attorney to convene a grand jury?
    Not sure on that one, Smitty.

I do know that sometimes our State and County officials are really stoned on corruption and we are the brunt of jokes all over America. Our latest fiasco seems to be in Mingo County involving a Prosecuting Attorney and just about everyone else.

It would not surprise me given the Good 'Ol Boy system, that what you mention can and does happen.

Distinguished Member Array Hodad's Avatar
    Was the woman a Hatfield or a McCoy?

Inquiring minds want to know.
    JoJoGunn likes this.
    "Life is tough but it's really tough if you are stupid"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post

How many bristles are on a "tooth" brush?
    JoJoGunn likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by blitzburgh View Post
    ... Good for her. I'm glad she was armed and able to defend herself. Domestic's have a tendency to get real ugly, real fast, ...
    I know I have mentioned before that I recently attended the CPA (Citizen's Police Academy) here in Gwinnett County. Blitzburgh's comments reminded me about our session in the FATS (Firearms Training Simulator).

The first scenario I faced was a domestic call. (This is all virtual, by the way) The scenario has me approach a door and knock. The gentleman who lets me in is showing there has been signs of a struggle. The wife comes from another room, still screaming at the man. The woman is directed to leave the room while I "talk" with the man. While I am "talking" with the man, the wife re-enters the room, carrying a knife, and, while I stood there stupidly immobile, immediately stabbed the man. I finally drew my weapon and shot the wife, but by then, I was told, the man was dead.

The instructor peered around his console and said, "it happens kind of fast, doesn't it?"
    blitzburgh and JoJoGunn like this.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Senior Member Array XD40SCiinNC's Avatar
    Locally a woman stopped the threat with a 22lr loaded with rat-shot. One to the gut, and the guy beat feet for the hospital where he was arrested.
    JoJoGunn likes this.
    "The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to allow the subject races to possess arms. History shows that all conquerors who have allowed their subject races to carry arms have prepared their own downfall by so doing." - Adolf Hitler

Same here blitz. I have my grandfathers .25 acp baby browning. Its virtually mint, but I have never hesitated to shoot it. Heck, the concept of guns that were "too good" to use was unheard of back in the day, so when the mood strikes we break it out.

What amazes me about my gun is that it has been 100% reliable. I have never had it jam, ftf, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by blitzburgh View Post
    What?! A .25 stopped a threat? There's just no way this story is real.

Good for her. I'm glad she was armed and able to defend herself. Domestic's have a tendency to get real ugly, real fast, so there's no telling what would have happened had she not been armed and able to stop the threat.

Every once in a blue moon, I get a wild hair and decide to let my old Colt .25 ride along for the day.
    JoJoGunn and blitzburgh like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links