The media friend or foe

The media friend or foe

This is a discussion on The media friend or foe within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; DSC_0024_zps74e093d0.jpg This add was run in our local paper this year and I forget the rest of the world has changed. In my little slice ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By manolito
  • 1 Post By Brent95

Thread: The media friend or foe

Distinguished Member

The media friend or foe

DSC_0024_zps74e093d0.jpg

This add was run in our local paper this year and I forget the rest of the world has changed.
    In my little slice of heaven we still work on a hand shake and this can often entail many thousands of dollars.

The media portrays us as shady gun owners and assault weapon people in most instances. Yet in I am sure many pockets of rural America we are still the mainstream not the shady gun people.

Do others have examples of how your area portrays us gun owners.

Just some thoughts after reading another anti gun article today.
    NONAME762 likes this.

Honestly in my area an AR is about as common as a handgun.We are about as pro gun in my state as anyone else.Unless something happens like maybe with GZ or something like that,don't hear much at all,so far as anything negative.That being the media or anyone really.I know we have antis,but i don't hear much from them,not publically anyway.

I do remember a local paper running an article about guns one day.I meant to add,this was back around the time the gun control bills were up for vote.The writer put a picture of a 1911 that had a silencer on it,in the article..The paper caught some flack from that.Most people don't keep a silencer on a 1911.I guess some gun owners thought the writer was painting a bad picture,so to speak,with the 1911 and the silencer.It's not exactly something most gun owners use.
    NONAME762 likes this.

Administrator
    So... did the advertisement defend itself from a mugger or did you roll up the newspaper to swat an attacking dog? If not, it does not belong here in the news sub forum. Read the stickies, this one is closed. If you want to try again, please do. The correct sub forum would be the "off topic".
    "Just blame Sixto"

Links