Robber killed @ accomplice wounded, in Chattanooga TN robbery attempt

This is a discussion on Robber killed @ accomplice wounded, in Chattanooga TN robbery attempt within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Man Shot At Bi-Lo Parking Lot Taken Into Custody; Another Robber Was Killed By Hold-Up Victim - 12/09/2013 - Chattanoogan.com Man Shot At Bi-Lo Parking ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Robber killed @ accomplice wounded, in Chattanooga TN robbery attempt

Robber killed @ accomplice wounded, in Chattanooga TN robbery attempt

Man Shot At Bi-Lo Parking Lot Taken Into Custody; Another Robber Was Killed By Hold-Up Victim - 12/09/2013 - Chattanoogan.com

Man Shot At Bi-Lo Parking Lot Taken Into Custody; Another Robber Was Killed By Hold-Up Victim
    Monday, December 09, 2013
    Galen Allen
    Galen Allen

A man who was shot during an apparent robbery at the Highway 58 Bi-Lo parking lot on Wednesday has been taken into custody.

Galen Lawayne Allen Jr., 26. is charged with attempted first-degree murder, aggravated robbery, aggravated assault and tampering with evidence.

Police said he initially was in critical condition.

The other robber...

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Gosh, yet another heart warming holiday story. It simply gives me that holiday happy all over..

Buying 4 IPADs from the back of a car. Doesn't sound like the business deal was on the up and up.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    No trees were harmed in the construction of this post. However a large number of electrons were indiscriminately aroused.

The "good guy" is extraordinarily lucky.

First off, he arranged to meet, alone, an "unknown" (and according to the recent "racist" thread) Black male. Rule #1 NEVER do that.

Second, he was outnumbered 2 to 1 and is fortunate he wasn't killed by the first (put your own description here) perp.

He did get his concealed weapon, shot and killed one and wounded another (insert description of the perps here) perp.

Sadly this is going to be more common. We have seen Craigslist murders and this situation is similar. The guy should have met them inside of a busy restaurant or someplace like that instead of "out in the parking lot of the BI-LO."

So, good in one way, bad in another. Good, one perp, dead, the other perp, wounded but going to jail and the victim alive and well. Not so good the victim setting himself up to be a victim.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

I expect The Hallmark channel will make a nice movie just in time for the Holidays.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Quote Originally Posted by Stevew View Post
    I expect The Hallmark channel will make a nice movie just in time for the Holidays.
    Naa.proly BBC ; )
    H/D
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Gun fire sounds are you listening?
    Cause they tried to rob hisen.
    The perps took the hits
    Then called it quits
    Now he's going to a crossbar wonderland.

Quote Originally Posted by gatorbait51 View Post
    Gosh, yet another heart warming holiday story. It simply gives me that holiday happy all over..

Don't be so surprised.....when I worked in Newark NJ this was the time of year that was the most dangerous.....hold-ups, muggings, murders...all for money to buy gifts for those Insects.........no disrespect meant to bugs.

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    He is lucky to be alive. Every one wants to save a dollar where he/she can, but to put yourself in a dangerous situation like that is not wise. Meet with two unknowns who know you will have a 1000 dollars on you to buy the tablets, really. He has no sense at all.
    StormRhydr likes this.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

Distinguished Member
    This happened a few miles down the road from me. A co-worker was at this grocery store a few hours earlier that day.

I will agree, completely lucky to be alive, or at least not injured + robbed, even with having a firearm on him. Getting out your carry gun against the drop seems tough and lucky to pull off. Glad it turned out good for him and bad for the BG's.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

Yes Virginia! There is a Santa Claus. Ho Ho Ho Ho Ho.
    I think, therefore I am...

<the Menace>

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by miller_man View Post
    This happened a few miles down the road from me. A co-worker was at this grocery store a few hours earlier that day.

I will agree, completely lucky to be alive, or at least not injured + robbed, even with having a firearm on him. Getting out your carry gun against the drop seems tough and lucky to pull off. Glad it turned out good for him and bad for the BG's.
    And still managed to connect his shots on BOTH, one through the van window.
    Guys a pretty good shot under stress I'd say.

I agree, he was foolhardy to attempt to conduct the transaction under those conditions.
    We weren't talking about beanie babies here.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

He seems to be quite capable. Perhaps his confidence (ego?) clouded his judgement. Glad he's alright though and those BG's got what they deserved.

I don't have any data to back it up but December's a rough month. It seems cases like this and robberies in general greatly increase during this time of the year.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

VIP Member
    Lucky to be alive with two BG's at the scene but the great equalizer evened the odds . And he was able to get the first shots off , i say charge the living robber with the murder of his Co-Hort .
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Sounds like Tangle was working up another field report!
    miller_man likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links