Detroit Man Shoots & Kills Huntington, WV Man

This is a discussion on Detroit Man Shoots & Kills Huntington, WV Man within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; My hometown has been besieged by drug thugs from Detroit and surrounding areas. Not to make bad light of Detroit, but it just is a ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Detroit Man Shoots & Kills Huntington, WV Man

Detroit Man Shoots & Kills Huntington, WV Man

My hometown has been besieged by drug thugs from Detroit and surrounding areas. Not to make bad light of Detroit, but it just is a fact that cannot be ignored.

The drug trade has become epidemic here and it seems like nothing can be done to stem the tide. It's no wonder I and others like me carry a gun when we go out, you never know what thug you will encounter and what they may want to do.

Man dies following shooting | The Herald-Dispatch
    Jeanlouise likes this.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Fly with the crows, get shot with the crows.

'Terrible that his son had to witness this.

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    Fly with the crows, get shot with the crows.

'Terrible that his son had to witness this.
    I think I read the article differently. Seems to me like the son was the one associating himself with the shooter, and the father stepped into the room to ask the shooter to leave when he heard an altercation.

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post
    My hometown has been besieged by drug thugs from Detroit and surrounding areas. Not to make bad light of Detroit, but it just is a fact that cannot be ignored.

The drug trade has become epidemic here and it seems like nothing can be done to stem the tide. It's no wonder I and others like me carry a gun when we go out, you never know what thug you will encounter and what they may want to do.

Man dies following shooting | The Herald-Dispatch
    I just read they have changed the name to Dietroit.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

Quote Originally Posted by NightOwl76 View Post
    I think I read the article differently. Seems to me like the son was the one associating himself with the shooter, and the father stepped into the room to ask the shooter to leave when he heard an altercation.
    That's how I read it as well.
    JoJoGunn likes this.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

VIP Member
    Oops. Reading comprehension fail on my part. Thanks for pointing that out.

Sounds like the thug was in the house by invitation, and that the son was acquainted with him. I'm sorry this fellow didn't make it and that this family has suffered his loss. For me, though, this sounds like it might perhaps fall under the stupid games, stupid prizes category.
    JoJoGunn and niks like this.
    "Freedom and discipline have come to be regarded as mutually exclusive, when in fact freedom is not at all the opposite, but the final reward of discipline" - Elisabeth Elliot

"While they are saying, “Peace and safety!” then destruction will come upon them suddenly" 1Thess 5:3

Huntington's definitely gone down hill over the last 10 years. That seems to be the story of just about every town or city these days though. The "war on drugs" is one that cannot be won and will continue to be a money pit.
    JoJoGunn likes this.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Distinguished Member
    What NightOwl76 said. Very happy I do not have to live in this area.
    JoJoGunn likes this.
    I shoot with a pistol and a Canon. We must all hang together amigos, or we will all hang separately. NRA life member.

We are not fighting a true war on drugs. We take prisoners then release them. We know where the stuff comes from and take no action against those places. We send money to Afghanistan that produces heroine sold on our streets. I cannot help but believe our corrupt politicos are getting funded by the drug barons.

Quote Originally Posted by blitzburgh View Post
    Huntington's definitely gone down hill over the last 10 years. That seems to be the story of just about every town or city these days though. The "war on drugs" is one that cannot be won and will continue to be a money pit.
    My thought's are a bit different. The reports I've seen say the illegal drug money is pretty much keeping our economy from collapsing. We have the technology and resources to stop all this at the borders, yet no one is serious about restricting our borders to drastically reduce importation of drugs, disease and terrorists.

Washington is unwilling to restrict commerce and drugs are the #1 cash flow import.
    JoJoGunn and msgt/ret like this.
    I think, therefore I am...

<the Menace>

^^^^^^ What Owl said.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Shame. I spent my young adult years chasing the Marshall University girls all over Huntington, from the high life clubs to the low life pubs, and had a lot of good times back in the 80's and early nineties. Had a few scrapes, but for the most part, it was a great place to hang out.
    I sure wouldn't want my kids to have to go there now.
    JoJoGunn and blitzburgh like this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post
    Not to make bad light of Detroit,
    Apologies, I know your post is not meant to be humorous in any way, but I had a pretty good guffaw at this line.

Nobody, even in Detroit, requires such courtesy in discussion about Detroit. Detroit is a craphole, everyone knows it, there is zero courtesy required when calling it such, and zero beating around the bush required. Feel free to say what you think about Detroit, it's probably still more tame than the things that people from Detroit say about it. You're not offending anyone...we already know it's a craphole :)
    JoJoGunn likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis1209 View Post
    My thought's are a bit different. The reports I've seen say the illegal drug money is pretty much keeping our economy from collapsing. [...] Washington is unwilling to restrict commerce and drugs are the #1 cash flow import.
    When importing something, isn't the cash flow outward? Wouldn't it be nonsensical to say that a good imported to us is keeping our economy running, unless that good is then used specifically to create more goods and services at a higher value than the import value that are then exportable (like energy imports)?
    msgt/ret likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links