Fire Extinguisher 1, Gun O

This is a discussion on Fire Extinguisher 1, Gun O within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This woman is not to be trifled with: Woman blasts armed robber with fire extinguisher, sends him fleeing - Hamilton County Story...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Fire Extinguisher 1, Gun O

VIP Member

"If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Resourcefulness, I love it!

This is what they expect teachers to do. That or die...
    Badey likes this.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

VIP Member
    that must have been a scary day for her, I sure would not want to use that for defense, but it did work in a pinch
    DrDP6 likes this.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Love that story . that gal's a natural . She really took the fire outa that bum. Don't know if I'd had the guts or presence of mind for that maneuver ! Robber probably wasn't the worst sort or he might'a still shot the lady. I Got plenty of big ol' extinguishers in the house and some smaller in the cars that I see new uses for!

The mind is the weapon... guns, or fire extinguishers, are just the tools.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

I wonder if fire extinguishers will be banned from school property now that one has been successfully used for self-defense and the defense of others?

Hmmm, I also wonder if students will be expelled for drawing images resembling fire extinguishers from now on?

Is there such an item as an 'assault extinguisher' that is equipped with "the thing that goes up"?
    And Jesus said, "If you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one." (Luke 22:36)

I am a peaceful man. But I am not a pacifist.

Distinguished Member Array squid86's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf357 View Post
    I wonder if fire extinguishers will be banned from school property now that one has been successfully used for self-defense and the defense of others?

Hmmm, I also wonder if students will be expelled for drawing images resembling fire extinguishers from now on?

Is there such an item as an 'assault extinguisher' that is equipped with "the thing that goes up"?
    here is your "assault extinguisher". its tactical black, high capacity, equipped with a pistol grip and has a sawed off nozzle

6_brandslackare_2kg_pulver_svart_1_medium.jpg

glad the lady is ok, she is lucky the guy didnt come back in once he cleaned his eyes. a driven criminal would have and probably would have shot her for the trouble. she really needs to get a gun.
    Fitch likes this.
    USN Veteran
    "A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

If you know who the man is, or if you saw someone covered in dry chemical, call Crime Stoppers at 513-352-3040.

Heh. I think Imma stick with a gun, but I'm glad it worked out for her.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

VIP Member
    Police don’t normally advise fighting an armed robber but they did acknowledge Arnold's bravery.
    Every time I see this moronic advice from "law enforcement" I want to . Yeah, so don't fight for your life because you might make things worse? Anyone who is willing to engage in criminal activity with a deadly weapon cannot actually be 'trusted' to not use it. Plenty of folks get dead because they chose to comply and leave their life in the hands of an armed criminal.
    Badey, Brad426, manolito and 8 others like this.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Too bad he wasn't allergic to the chemicals in the extinguisher went into anaphylactic shock. Good for her I hope her employer appreciates what they've got.
    ep1953 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    Every time I see this moronic advice from "law enforcement" I want to . Yeah, so don't fight for your life because you might make things worse? Anyone who is willing to engage in criminal activity with a deadly weapon cannot actually be 'trusted' to not use it. Plenty of folks get dead because they chose to comply and leave their life in the hands of an armed criminal.
    Couldn't get the like button to come up but this qualifies!

Quote Originally Posted by BigJon10125 View Post
    Resourcefulness, I love it!

This is what they expect teachers to do. That or die...
    We had this discussion in one of my classes recently. We were discussing that it was 1 year since Sandy Hook. My students asked what we should do if that happened, then they began to ask why the teachers weren't armed... Most students thought it was a good idea to arm teachers, however, there were a few who said, "what if the teacher gets mad?"

Several students immediately suggested using the fire extinguisher... They're a resourceful bunch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

Distinguished Member
    Love it, good for her.
    Don't let the facts cloud your judgement.
    Bad luck has perfect timing Joe "the donster" deBunker
    Who you are speaks so loudly I can't hear what you're saying...Ralph Waldon Emerson
    NRA Member

Distinguished Member
    I am not a strong believer in bringing a knife or extinguisher to a gun fight. I think she was very lucky and I wonder how she feels trying to clean up that PPK powder. Dry chemical extinguishers are very messy to say the least.

There will be many people that now believe all you need is an extinguisher. Just my take on this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by manolito View Post
    I am not a strong believer in bringing a knife or extinguisher to a gun fight. I think she was very lucky and I wonder how she feels trying to clean up that PPK powder. Dry chemical extinguishers are very messy to say the least.

There will be many people that now believe all you need is an extinguisher. Just my take on this.
    It was all she needed. I have been sprayed with one, and it is a game-stopper.
    BenGoodLuck likes this.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links