Shreveport grammaw kills armed invader...

This is a discussion on Shreveport grammaw kills armed invader... within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; And speaks out about it... With a pawnshop gun... Probably little training... And, she prevailed. Story: http://www.shreveporttimes.com/artic...-home-invasion This was posted from my mobile device, links ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree84Likes

Thread: Shreveport grammaw kills armed invader...

Shreveport grammaw kills armed invader...

And speaks out about it...

With a pawnshop gun... Probably little training...

And, she prevailed.

Story: http://www.shreveporttimes.com/artic...-home-invasion

This was posted from my mobile device, links may be for mobile... Deal with it!
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Way to go, Grandma!
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Distinguished Member
    I love it when the good guys/gals win. Good for you Granny. Just another punk with a gun trying to make an easy score. The world is a better place without him in it.
    gatorbait51 and DrDP6 like this.
    I shoot with a pistol and a Canon. We must all hang together amigos, or we will all hang separately. NRA life member.

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    And speaks out about it...

With a pawnshop gun... Probably little training...

And, she prevailed.

Story: http://www.shreveporttimes.com/artic...-home-invasion

Scratch the part in bold... She had never fired a gun before! And, he had the drop on her! With a shotgun!

She took her opportunity with INTENT!
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Well done, great-grandma, well done.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Good for granny, she did the right thing at the right time.
    Ghost1958, gatorbait51 and DrDP6 like this.
    Don't let the facts cloud your judgement.
    Bad luck has perfect timing Joe "the donster" deBunker
    Who you are speaks so loudly I can't hear what you're saying...Ralph Waldon Emerson
    NRA Member

Go Granny Go. Important stuff right there. No formal training, no FOF, no mandatory anything. Just a old woman with a gun.

Does the important stuff. Keeps her head, doesn't panic, draws against drop against a loaded shotgun and prevails. Must be a hoax.

WAY TO GO OLD SCHOOL GRANNY!!!!
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Poor old lady! I feel bad...for her, not the punk. She did what she had to go but it had to be hard for her.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

Bringing a shotgun to a morality fight. Morality prevails.

Won't always be the case, by a long shot, but it's a good example of how being armed gives a person a fighting chance against evil. Heck, even politically-motivated hirelings know that much. "Granny" surely does.

Kudos to the citizen for surviving it. Bummer for the family members of the perp, who ostensibly love him. Time to rethink your training regimen a bit better, with your other family members. Teach them the meaning of a moral compass, how about? Might be a better option.
    Ghost1958, Jeanlouise and Aceoky like this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array Jaeger's Avatar
    St. Louis, MO "The Most Dangerous City in America"
    “I hate to say it but its good for someone to actually fight back,” said neighbor Verona Escobar, who indicated Pipkins has been a victim of robbery before. “They have been in her house twice before that.”
    I wonder why she hates to say it? She would prefer the kid gun down the whole family, or they continue to be serially victimized by the same hoodlums? I don't get it.
    Ghost1958, blitzburgh and Aceoky like this.
    “Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Jaeger View Post
    “I hate to say it but its good for someone to actually fight back,” said neighbor Verona Escobar, who indicated Pipkins has been a victim of robbery before. “They have been in her house twice before that.”
    I wonder why she hates to say it? She would prefer the kid gun down the whole family, or they continue to be serially victimized by the same hoodlums? I don't get it.
    I love it when folks fight for their very lives, particularly when they prevail. Far better than letting the evil ones steamroll innocents. I agree, that it's hard to imagine why people have a hard time saying or thinking such things, that withstanding violent crime is a good thing, that being capable of defending your life is a good thing. Shouldn't matter what the cost to the evil ones is, in the end. Let the coroner take them away, then sleep well at night (or, at least as well as you can). Better that, than the alternative "deep sleep."

VIP Member
    Good on Granny. Reading that it has got me to thinking, normally all guns in my safe are unloaded but I think now I may just keep at least one or two loaded while they are in the safe.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

VIP Member
    I feel for her. I really do. The burden one must bare taking the life of another even in self-defense must be so heavy. I pray for strength, peace and comfort for her and all those effect by this. I'm proud of her - don't get me wrong - but I also hurt for her.
    DrDP6, msgt/ret and Ghost1958 like this.
    S&W M&P Full Size 9mm - Little FoxX IWB
    S&W Shield 9mm - FoxX Trapp
    Ruger 10/22 Takedown
    NRA Life Member/GOA Life Member
    Don't let the high post count fool you...I'm just part of the welcoming committee.

Quote Originally Posted by srings View Post
    I feel for her. I really do. The burden one must bare taking the life of another even in self-defense must be so heavy. I pray for strength, peace and comfort for her and all those effect by this. I'm proud of her - don't get me wrong - but I also hurt for her.

One of the many costs such evil people inflict upon others. Plus the impact on the "first" responders who had to cart his butt away, take the statements, eval the crime scene, as well as the folks at the hospital who had to try to stop the bleeding. And everyone else the little bugger impacted due to his callous stupidity.

I feel for all of them. It's not easy.
    msgt/ret likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post

One of the many costs such evil people inflict upon others. Plus the impact on the "first" responders who had to cart his butt away, take the statements, eval the crime scene, as well as the folks at the hospital who had to try to stop the bleeding. And everyone else the little bugger impacted due to his callous stupidity.

I feel for all of them. It's not easy.
    16 year old kid …gone forever ! Not to me a cause for rejoicing…but even Old Yeller had to be put down .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links