“Adult” store owner fights back

This is a discussion on “Adult” store owner fights back within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Not much info but it sounds like the criminals picked the wrong store to rob. Owner of Fayetteville adult boutique shot during robbery Cumberland County, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: “Adult” store owner fights back

VIP Member

Not much info but it sounds like the criminals picked the wrong store to rob.

Owner of Fayetteville adult boutique shot during robbery

Cumberland County, N.C. — The owner of an adult store in Fayetteville was in serious condition after a shoot-out with armed robbers at the store, police said Thursday.

The incident happened about 9:30 p.m. Wednesday at Cupid’s Boutique on North Reilly Road. Officers said two armed men went into the store and demanded money from an employee. One of the men stood by the register with the employee while the second went to the back office and shot the owner several times.

The owner was armed and returned fire, police said. It was unclear whether the robber was injured in the exchange. The men fled the store with cash.
    Owner of Fayetteville adult boutique shot during robbery :: WRAL.com
    gatorbait51 and 357and40 like this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Well, at least he had a chance to fight back. That doesn't always mean you'll come out unscathed, but it's better than just standing there and taking as many shots as the BG wishes to put in you. I hope he is OK. I also hope he got some hits on the BG before he split.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Here comes the wise cracks!......
    welder516 likes this.

From the photo it looks like the robbers were dressed to kill, so to speak.
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler

Well, detaining them wouldn't have been an issue if it came to that. The handcuffs may have been fuzzy, though.

Quote Originally Posted by halem1 View Post
    Here comes the wise cracks!......

Whaaaa? around here?
    welder516 likes this.

At least the handcuffs were handy...

I'd like to see the surveillance footage of this. Those guys were completely prepped, even with gloves. The one using a two hand grip. Almost every robbery tape I've seen the robber has gone gangsta carry, one hand like the guy on the left. Not sideways, but not a good shooting grip, like how that guys arm is bent in sort of a "modified vertical gangsta" style.

What is odd is why would someone go to that effort to rob an adult store? I wouldn't think they would have much cash on hand. Those guys are more reminiscent of jewelry store robbers. They probably have cousins who counterfeit $1 bills.

I've been putting together a training program for retail clerks on how to deal (spelled "fight back") with an armed robbery. In fact just today a local business owner I know was about to enter someone else's store for something and a guy came out with a knife in his hand. My friend pulled his gun and held the guy. Apparently he hadn't threatened the clerk, but had been using the gun to slice open merchandise boxes and just still had it in his hand. He's lucky that my friend didn't just drop him right there and ask questions later. It sounds like he probably had reasonable justification.

Hey it could be worse in Chicago we had a city councle women drunkenly bit the employ of a adult books shop Prosecutor on leave after accused of biting man at adult store - Chicago Tribune

So weird things happen at thous places.. or so I hear
    357and40 likes this.

He could have hit the robbers over the head with the Ron Jeremy Hedgehog Special. That would have knocked them for a loop.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Distinguished Member Array skysoldier29's Avatar
    Wow that is less than a mile from where I live.

VIP Member
    This shop got its self in a pickle ....................hopefully they catch the robbers and they go on trail just hope its no hung jury .
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

The local love boutique in my area has 3 bodacious Hot Ladies that work there. That's what I've heard anyway.
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    Give me Liberty or give me BACON!!!
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

Quote Originally Posted by GunTeacher View Post
    I'd like to see the surveillance footage of this. Those guys were completely prepped, even with gloves. The one using a two hand grip. Almost every robbery tape I've seen the robber has gone gangsta carry, one hand like the guy on the left. Not sideways, but not a good shooting grip, like how that guys arm is bent in sort of a "modified vertical gangsta" style.

What is odd is why would someone go to that effort to rob an adult store? I wouldn't think they would have much cash on hand. Those guys are more reminiscent of jewelry store robbers. They probably have cousins who counterfeit $1 bills.

I've been putting together a training program for retail clerks on how to deal (spelled "fight back") with an armed robbery. In fact just today a local business owner I know was about to enter someone else's store for something and a guy came out with a knife in his hand. My friend pulled his gun and held the guy. Apparently he hadn't threatened the clerk, but had been using the gun to slice open merchandise boxes and just still had it in his hand. He's lucky that my friend didn't just drop him right there and ask questions later. It sounds like he probably had reasonable justification.

Wow, Rambo! slicing packages open with a gun!

And, you think it's okay to "detain" a person with a knife in his hand... not wielding it or brandishing it... just in his hand?

And. Last I knew, some states in The American West allow Open Carry... what do you suggest would be reasonable justification for a man with a gun, openly carried in a holster? Prone him out?
    suntzu and SIXTO like this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by GunTeacher View Post

I think there would be a lot of cash there who is going to use Creidt to pay for the Ms. Tiffy love doll...Plus some of that stuff is very pricy like 200+ dollar price ..

And yeah a non pop a cap grip it not good to see . I like when they used the miss by a mile style shooting
    welder516 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links