GOOD: Dallas Store Manager Shoots at 5 Armed Robbers; Police Arrive 74 Minutes Later

GOOD: Dallas Store Manager Shoots at 5 Armed Robbers; Police Arrive 74 Minutes Later

This is a discussion on GOOD: Dallas Store Manager Shoots at 5 Armed Robbers; Police Arrive 74 Minutes Later within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Dallas Store Manager Shoots at 5 Armed Robbers Police Arrive 74 Minutes Later | R.T.B.A. Co. "A Dallas store manager using his handgun to fend ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: GOOD: Dallas Store Manager Shoots at 5 Armed Robbers; Police Arrive 74 Minutes Later

Dallas Store Manager Shoots at 5 Armed Robbers Police Arrive 74 Minutes Later | R.T.B.A. Co.

"A Dallas store manager using his handgun to fend off an attempted robbery by five armed robbers. There’s also audio of the 911 call from the Dallas store manager asking for police help because of the robbery. Reports indicate he asked for police to come because the armed men had tried to rob his store. The store manager shot at the men with a .38 Caliber revolver, sending the robbers scurrying away, and wounding one of them twice. But his call was misclassified because the operator did not understand he was saying in his frantic call that he had shot one of the robbers, and it took police an hour to arrive. In fact, it was so long, the manager went home and was called back by police when the did arrive. It takes a “good guy with a gun” to ward off five armed robbers."

Good x 5! This happened back in May 2013 but I didn't see a thread on the forum about it. This guy took a big chance but it shows that BGs are basically cowards and hope that their victims will roll over and play nice.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

VIP Member
    So 74 mins is a "normal" response time by DPD if you're not shooting or being shot?

74 minutes or 1 minute too late.........is NG.
    gatorbait51 and BenGoodLuck like this.

When seconds mean the difference between life and death....

When seconds count, the police are only (74) minutes away!
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

Why do we need more then 10 rounds?
    gatorbait51 and BenGoodLuck like this.

It was stated the dispatcher was new. New or not she should be suspended WITHOUT PAY pending a full investigation.

Dallas PD needs to review their 911 call guidelines regarding armed robberies in progress. Pending the dispatcher's investigation and a review of 911 call policy I think the dispatcher should be FIRED and blackballed from 911 dispatcher employment FOREVER.

Some of you guys should have watched the video B4 writing your comments. You would look less foolish had you of done so.
    BenGoodLuck and gatorbait51 like this.
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    Give me Liberty or give me BACON!!!
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

Quote Originally Posted by BenGoodLuck View Post
    When seconds count, the police are only (74) minutes away!
    Well, in their defense, they were only seconds away. 4,440 seconds.

VIP Member
    Guess we'll have to change the saying. No longer can you say "When seconds count, the police are minutes away". Now it will have to be "When seconds count, the police are hours away".
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by seanth468 View Post
    Why do we need more then 10 rounds?
    Because we need to be fair and provide at least 2 rounds per BG. In this case, 10 rounds would have been jusssst enough!
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Ben

"Hey Bob, we got a call, guy sounds frantic, something about a robbery or something."

"Huh. Hey, I know that address... Isn't that the head shop with the 'No Pigs Allowed' sign in the window?"

"Oh yeah, I think you're right."

"Sounds like an ALB call."

"ALB?"

"'After Lunch Break.'"

"Heh heh"

"Heh heh heh"

"Heh heh heh heh heh"

"Okay, but seriously, how do we get there? This GPS is down for some reason."

"Hmm, well, I've got an iPhone with that new Maps app. Let's use that."

"That works."

(73 minutes later)

"Okay, this is like TEN BLOCKS from where that stupid phone said it was."

"I miss Google Maps."
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    ...there is no arguing with such snivelling puppies, who allow superiors to kick them about deck at pleasure.

— Captain Bellamy

Quote Originally Posted by NONAME762 View Post
    Some of you guys should have watched the video B4 writing your comments. You would look less foolish had you of done so.
    Hi NONAME, not sure what you mean? The slow response time was due to the dispatcher classifying the call as a robbery and not a robbery in progress. But no matter what, the police response was 74 minutes. I agree with you that there needs to be an investigation into the slow response time.

Here are some more stories about the robbery:

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2013/05/08/d...allers-accent/

According to this story, per Dallas PD policy, officers should have arrived on scene within 12 minutes. 12 minutes is still enough time for the store owner/employees/customers to have been dead and the BGs gone.

And here: http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/Slow-...206317351.html
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Ben

Yep the polcie are only 1 hour away could you ask them to hold off with the chainsaw till then

1 guy with a .38 Revolver vs. 5 armed thugs with at least 1 Assault Rifle and 1 pistol...the revolver did the job!!!
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

I watched the video and counted 4 bad guys. The news talkers said 4 and then said 5. Not untypical for news talkers.
    gatorbait51 and Aceoky like this.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================

Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links