Oldey but goody why you dont rob a gun store ..

This is a discussion on Oldey but goody why you dont rob a gun store .. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Guns and Ammo Robbery One of my all time Fav. Three punks crash into the gun store dreaming of all the good gats they shall ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Oldey but goody why you dont rob a gun store ..

Oldey but goody why you dont rob a gun store ..

Guns and Ammo Robbery

One of my all time Fav. Three punks crash into the gun store dreaming of all the good gats they shall get .. Course they got the ammo first

Then of course they ran to the waffle house. Cause how good is the cheesy eggs right

Also not the SBR sig AR the store owner had ...

Also note to robbers if you are going to rob a gun store at least load your guns

""Shoot the [explicative] and I heard a gun cock," he said. "I mean they would've shot me, in my mind, with no reservation. If that firearm had been loaded, I might've been a statistic." Only on 12: Gun store owner speaks out after shooting 3 would-be burglars
    StormRhydr and Gearhead like this.

2. Remove Ads

Like Waffle House was going to be a good place to lay low.
    ugh762x39, msgt/ret and CIBMike like this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

I think I'd put some bollards in place around my shop too.
    squid86 likes this.

VIP Member
    And Shotgun joe says AR-15s are worthless for defense.
    CIBMike likes this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Criminal masterminds glad the store owner is OK.

Just goes to prove that most robbers aren't the brightest bulb in the pack.

Gave me a good laugh, thanks for sharing!
    WrongRecroom likes this.
    Deaconswife

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    Like Waffle House was going to be a good place to lay low.
    Hiding in an Awful House might not be a bad idea- a needle in a stack of needles?
    NONAME762 and ex95B10 like this.

Another oldie but goodie.

Lead and diamonds: the Richmond jewelry store shootout [Blast from the Past]

Long read, but a good one.
    WrongRecroom likes this.
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbiesdad View Post
    Another oldie but goodie.

Lead and diamonds: the Richmond jewelry store shootout [Blast from the Past]

Long read, but a good one.
    Dang I have not heard that before .. That was crazy .. Man I think personal if I was getting that much firepower I would get a Kevlar vest too .. Personal I worked in the jeweler/gun etc field I might just keep a vest on at work ..

Also I like this one
    The Smallest Minority: On the .25ACP and "Stopping Power"

this too about a gun shop/pawn owner got attacked by a sword wielding manic .. He got to see his go to gun go flying by (sitting on a table it was) as he was pushed across the room into a wall with a sword stuck in his chest him.. Just goes to show any gun is better then no gun esp when a modern day samurai has you pinned to a wall with a sword

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Threeish in the AM, BGs and a Waffle House. Seems so normal to me.
    ex95B10 likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member

This one is still my favourite..............

3 February 1990, Washington

The following mind-boggling attempt at a crime spree appeared to be the robber's first, due to his lack of a previous record of violence, and his terminally stupid choices:

1. His target was H&J Leather & Firearms. A gun shop.

2. The shop was full of customers - firearms customers.

3. To enter the shop, the robber had to step around a marked police patrol car parked at the front door.

4. A uniformed officer was standing at the counter, having coffee before work.

Upon seeing the officer, the would-be robber announced a holdup, and fired a few wild shots. The officer and a clerk promptly returned fire, covered by several customers who also drew their guns, thereby removing the confused criminal from the gene pool.

No one else was hurt.

1990 Darwin Award: Wrong Time, Wrong Place
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongRecroom View Post
    Dang I have not heard that before .. That was crazy .. Man I think personal if I was getting that much firepower I would get a Kevlar vest too .. Personal I worked in the jeweler/gun etc field I might just keep a vest on at work ..

Also I like this one
    The Smallest Minority: On the .25ACP and "Stopping Power"

this too about a gun shop/pawn owner got attacked by a sword wielding manic .. He got to see his go to gun go flying by (sitting on a table it was) as he was pushed across the room into a wall with a sword stuck in his chest him.. Just goes to show any gun is better then no gun esp when a modern day samurai has you pinned to a wall with a sword
    One of my favorite parts of the story.

Multiple showcases were shattered in the exchange of gunfire, as was frontal window glass. No innocent persons were harmed by any of the shots, save for Gary Baker's minor hand laceration from one of Head's buckshot pellets, though two unoccupied cars parked outside were hit. The store was a crime scene that belonged to the police until mid-afternoon. Workmen stayed until two AM the next day replacing broken glass and squaring away blood-soaked carpeting. After re-entering, Gary noticed white powder all over everything. It took him a while to realize that it wasn't fingerprint powder, but dust from the suspended ceiling that had been knocked loose by the concussion of the intense gunfire. The following morning, Beverly Hills Jewelers was open for business as usual.

WrongRecroom likes this.
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

"Lead and Diamonds" is one of my all-time favorite stories from the Ayoob Files.

Not to hijack the thread, but here's another favorite: The Ayoob Files
    WrongRecroom likes this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Ex Member
    Just a guess but they are probably NOT Rhodes Scholars or Pre Med students.
    WrongRecroom likes this.

VIP Member

Well, If You Liked The Last One....................

(1990's, United States) I heard the following at work in the gun shop. The events described below (if it's not a legend) occurred in the 1990's in the southwest.

A small-time hood (about to be even smaller) broke into the home of a World War Two veteran and stole, among other things, the old G.I.'s .45 automatic pistol, which he used in battle in the 1940's. The hoodlum then reported directly to a local convenience store and proceeded to rob the cashier while brandishing his new pistol. The cashier, no dummy, followed orders and handed over the contents of the register.

Our thug took the money and turned to leave, but suddenly decided he didn't want to leave a witnesses... other than the security camera, that is. He leveled the pistol at the cashier and pulled the trigger.

"CLICK!" went the gun.

At this unexpected development, the puzzled crook looked straight down the barrel of his weapon and uttered the words, "What the...?"

As it turned out, the WWII veteran had WWII vintage ammunition in his WWII vintage pistol. Priming caps over time are known to lose their "spontaneous" nature, particularly if stored improperly, causing what is known as a hang-fire: The primer smolders into a delayed ignition.

Such was the case here.

Just as the puzzled crook had the barrel pointed squarely at his own eye, the hang-fired primer detonated, sending a half-inch chunk of lead and associated hot combustion gases directly into the felon's skull at 900 feet per second.

The range was less than six inches.
    The body could only be identified by fingerprints.

As the story was related to me, the police officer who responded to the original gun burglary was also at the scene of the armed robbery. He picked up the .45 and verified the serial number, then returned it to the WWII veteran.

Case closed.

1990 Darwin Award: Tired Ammo
    Last edited by GunnyBunny; January 15th, 2014 at 04:55 PM.
    WrongRecroom and msgt/ret like this.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links