Woman who shot teen in self-defense struggles for peace, security

This is a discussion on Woman who shot teen in self-defense struggles for peace, security within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Even when the good guy survives a self defense situation, there still lies a long period of healing. I hope she can recover from this ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Woman who shot teen in self-defense struggles for peace, security

Woman who shot teen in self-defense struggles for peace, security

Even when the good guy survives a self defense situation, there still lies a long period of healing. I hope she can recover from this incident.

http://www.ksla.com/story/24439018/w...peace-security

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    Contrary to what some Anti-gun folks say, we don't run around carrying hoping that we finally get to shoot someone. I think almost all the folks that carry hope that they never have to use their firearms.

Three D's, as he can now be referred to (Dead Dirtbag Devon) should provide some comfort to this older woman...knowing that she has prevented others from be robbed, hurt, or even worse. I hope she heals quickly...she did nothing wrong.

The 63-year-old says when she handed him a bag of coins with one hand she shot in him in the chest with the other. Nice move on her part.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    I know if I had to shoot someone, no matter how justified, it would eat at me for a very long time.
    I hope she can come to terms with it and find peace.

I agree Retsupt, the best way to look at it is that she may have prevented someone else from being killed by this teen.
    gatorbait51 and Brad426 like this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

I agree with OWS. I believe many anti-gunners think we're starving for blood and can't wait for someone to provoke us. It's just not the case and whether the killing was justified or not, she will be still living with the fact that she took a life. She didn't have a choice but she still has to live with it.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Few SD survivors walk away without some level of emotional trauma.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Distinguished Member
    Tough lady. Would like her as a neighbor.
    Exacto likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by OutWestSystems View Post
    Contrary to what some Anti-gun folks say, we don't run around carrying hoping that we finally get to shoot someone. I think almost all the folks that carry hope that they never have to use their firearms.
    Very true.

This type of emotional reaction to shooting someone and taking there life is not uncommon. I hope that the help she is getting actually helps and she can come to peace with making what IMO is the right choice.....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    I know if I had to shoot someone, no matter how justified, it would eat at me for a very long time.
    I hope she can come to terms with it and find peace.

I agree Retsupt, the best way to look at it is that she may have prevented someone else from being killed by this teen.
    I sincerely hope she is counseled in this manner. Time is also a great healer.

Quote Originally Posted by jmattingly73 View Post
    I agree with OWS. I believe many anti-gunners think we're starving for blood and can't wait for someone to provoke us. It's just not the case and whether the killing was justified or not, she will be still living with the fact that she took a life. She didn't have a choice but she still has to live with it.
    nice avatar........

here's another one you might like.

Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

thanks for providing the avatars for me.
    zonker1986 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    -
    Also, we see the family of the perp mourning their loss and, not what we've come to expect from these families, they speak out to say that they don't blame the woman for doing what she had to do "to protect herself".

Family of teen killed in home invasion apologizes to victim - KSLA News 12 Shreveport, Louisiana News Weather & Sports

Being neighbors, hopefully they can get together to aid in their mutual healing.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

Hope she gets the help she needs to deal with this. In one way you could say the scum bag still got a piece of her.

Quote Originally Posted by jmattingly73 View Post
    thanks for providing the avatars for me.
    you flatter my rookie photog skills with my $89 camera I bought from Target six years ago.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by RETSUPT99 View Post
    Three D's, as he can now be referred to (Dead Dirtbag Devon) should provide some comfort to this older woman...knowing that she has prevented others from be robbed, hurt, or even worse. I hope she heals quickly...she did nothing wrong.

The 63-year-old says when she handed him a bag of coins with one hand she shot in him in the chest with the other. Nice move on her part.
    Her quick thinking may have saved her life. That guy could have shot her and left her for dead once she handed him the bag of coins. I hope she can get the help that's needed. Now this gets me thinking. I know she can talk to a therapist who can offer ideas. In my opinion she should also talk to someone who has been in that same position.
    NRA Member
    Criminology Student
    Expert in learning :)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links