AL: Dollar General robbery foiled...Robbery Suspect Dead at Hands of Customer

This is a discussion on AL: Dollar General robbery foiled...Robbery Suspect Dead at Hands of Customer within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; By another good guy with a gun... Going to the Grand Jury... Story here: http://m.waff.com/#!/newsDetail/24474261 Might be link for mobile only, looking for others. Another ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: AL: Dollar General robbery foiled...Robbery Suspect Dead at Hands of Customer

AL: Dollar General robbery foiled...Robbery Suspect Dead at Hands of Customer

By another good guy with a gun...

Going to the Grand Jury...

Story here: http://m.waff.com/#!/newsDetail/24474261

Might be link for mobile only, looking for others.

Another link: http://www.selmatimesjournal.com/201...y-in-orrville/

Occurred in Dallas County, Alabama. Orrville, to be precise...
    Whoever edited my title, thanks but robbery has 2 bs and one r...

This was posted from my mobile device, links may be for mobile... Deal with it!
    gatorbait51 and ArmyCop like this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

2. Remove Ads

Hmmm. How stupid does a person have to be to rob a Dollar Store? EVERYTHING in the store cost a DOLLAR. IF they sold 500 items that day (which would be an exaggerated stretch of the imagination), the most you're getting is $500. There's a serious imbalance between relative risk and reward. And people don't believe me when I tell them that drugs will make them stupid.
    Pinot, tdave, Greghan and 8 others like this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    My wife works part time at Dollar Tree and just the other day she had $1500 in sales on her register alone and that was a 5 hour shift. The worse the economy gets the more people will be buying from these stores. Some of the products are from name brand companies such as Campbell's Soups, Chef-Boy-Ardee, Natures Own, and Blue Bonnet.

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    Hmmm. How stupid does a person have to be to rob a Dollar Store? EVERYTHING in the store cost a DOLLAR. IF they sold 500 items that day (which would be an exaggerated stretch of the imagination), the most you're getting is $500. There's a serious imbalance between relative risk and reward. And people don't believe me when I tell them that drugs will make them stupid.
    Dollar General sells a lot of stuff for more than a dollar....

And I made a nice brass catcher from one of their mesh laundry bags which I purchased for $3.00...

gatorbait51, BamaT and Aceoky like this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    Dollar General sells a lot of stuff for more than a dollar....

And I made a nice brass catcher from one of their mesh laundry bags which I purchased for $3.00...

Still not a cash rich robbery target. Their choice displays an overall lack of critical thinking and strategic planning, not to mention foiled implementation. A general lack of smarts.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    perhaps not cash rich, but I would guess a high percentage of their customers don't use credit cards.
    gatorbait51, baren and Aceoky like this.
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by Arborigine View Post
    perhaps not cash rich, but I would guess a high percentage of their customers don't use credit cards.
    Good point. It just seems ironic that a person would choose a "Discount Store" to rob and risk the full legal ramifications of getting caught when they could have taken the same risk robbing an overpriced fancy pants high dollar store. It falls under the concept of "if you're possibly going to go down for something, make sure the potential reward is worth the relative risk." I guess bad guys don't put that much thought into it...which is consistent with most crimes being ones of opportunity. It's there, they're there...why drive across town to rob a high priced store?
    gatorbait51 and msgt/ret like this.

As they say, consider the source "Bad guys aren't the brightest light bulbs in the box".
    BugDude and gatorbait51 like this.

Got some DGs round here in some of the nicest parts of town.. And there's usually one in smaller towns as well..

I think the one that was robbed (fail) was of the latter variety...

As an aside, NYSE ticker DG, Trades for ~$60 a share.. Ford motor trading around $15 for instance...

There's cash money in them DG stores...

Robber maybe not so dumb... 'ceptin' he got shot for his trouble....

Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

The Sheriff said:"Some people say that's justifiable.Then you're going to have some who says it's not.". Hmmmm?

In a small South Georgia county I used to live in, several small boats were vandalized. When interviewed, the Sheriff said:"It's people from outside the County doing this. They'd best be careful because in this County, if you go in someone's yard at 2 or 3 o'clock in the morning, you're liable to get shot!"!
    After that aired, there were no more reported instances of vandalized boats.
    I guess the BGs heard what I did, the highest Law Enforcement Officer in the County just gave everyone permission to shoot their butts! Man, I couldn't wait to re-elect that guy!
    "If you can do it, you damn well better be able to look at it!".....Matt Helm

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    Got some DGs round here in some of the nicest parts of town.. And there's usually one in smaller towns as well..

I think the one that was robbed (fail) was of the latter variety...

As an aside, NYSE ticker DG, Trades for ~$60 a share.. Ford motor trading around $15 for instance...

There's cash money in them DG stores...

Robber maybe not so dumb... 'ceptin' he got shot for his trouble....

If they were stealing stock certificates, it would make more sense. Or if they got caught robbing a discount store they got discount punishment...

My question on all of these stories when there is a SD shooting, is did the good guy with a gun remain silent? I always hear that we are supposed to say nothing and request a lawyer, but a lot of these success stories don't mention the details on if the good guy was taken in at first and then released, or otherwise. Did they chatter and it just ended up well?

Note the gun-buster sign on the door to the place. No OC. Wonder if that policy will change?
    NickBurkhardt and Chesafreak like this.
    They think they don't need firearms because they never have needed them.

"God created man, but Samuel Colt made them equal (more or less)."

Practice makes perfect.

I think not to long ago they fired a employe at a DG as he pulled a piece and nailed a robber as they have a no guns policy any one here can comment on that?
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    I am not a lawyer .. Just a dog typing on the internet ..Spelling media apparatus male portatili. Malo me non reprehendo
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links