New Mexico, David Eckert; body cavity search and enemas

This is a discussion on New Mexico, David Eckert; body cavity search and enemas within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I tried to search and didn't find the name prominently mentioned so I hope this is an allowed subject. David Eckert recently accepted a $1.6-million ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By Fallschirmjäger
  • 1 Post By gasmitty

Thread: New Mexico, David Eckert; body cavity search and enemas

New Mexico, David Eckert; body cavity search and enemas

I tried to search and didn't find the name prominently mentioned so I hope this is an allowed subject.

David Eckert recently accepted a $1.6-million settlement paid by the city of Deming and Luna, New Mexico authorities to avoid having to answer a civil suit over his arrest and multiple enemas as a result of a detention during a traffic stop.
    StormRhydr, gatorbait51 and darbo like this.

2. Remove Ads

I think the sum is appropriate, however, it's coming out of the taxpayers' pocket, so if I were them, I would be demanding the firings of all involved.

If I had something witty to say, it would be posted right here _______
    "My problem with life is not that it is rational nor that it is irrational, but that it is almost rational." - G.K. Chesterton

Once upon a time, folks would simply await the normal course of nature. These days, it's invasive body-cavity stuff instead. Ah, "progress."
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

ALL -

This is NOT an "armed citizen"-related thread, and thus it is being closed, not simply shuttled off to another sub-forum.

Note the sub-forum description: In the news encounters between the bad guys and legally armed good guys, with both successful, and not so successful, outcomes. Armed citizens have a fighting chance against criminals; those without are at their mercy.

This sub-forum has become a dumping ground for just about any "news" item that relates to crime and cops, whereas the intent is to discuss actual ARMED CITIZEN intervention with criminal activity. Sadly, the "In The News" title has been widely misinterpreted as being a place to post ANYTHING that shows up in the news.

The mods and admins are currently wrestling with how to manage this area to eliminate the 'dumping ground' status that it has become. Suggestions range from elimination of the area to re-titling it to applying infractions for those who post random crime and cop stories such as the subject of this thread. We haven't reached a consensus as yet, but I'm taking this opportunity to remind the members that this sub-forum is limited in scope to actual threads about armed citizens' encounters with bad guys. Back-room patience is wearing thin; mods are empowered to just close or delete non-compliant threads.

Please give thought to the purpose, scope and intent of this sub-forum before posting.

Smitty
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Links