IA: resident brings 2 knives to gunfight, prevails.

This is a discussion on IA: resident brings 2 knives to gunfight, prevails. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Women in the house, allowed two home invaders (who claimed to be looking for an unknown person) in anyway, the invaders produced guns and demanded ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: IA: resident brings 2 knives to gunfight, prevails.

Women in the house, allowed two home invaders (who claimed to be looking for an unknown person) in anyway, the invaders produced guns and demanded money...

A male in the house heard the commotion, retrieved 2 knives and attacked one of the gunmen, both gunmen fled. One turned up at a hospital with stab wounds...

Story: http://www.desmoinesregister.com/art...nclick_check=1

Of note: 8th Home invasion in this year already, 11 for all of last year, in Des Moines, Iowa... Coming soon to a town near you, or me.

This was posted from my mobile device, links may be for mobile... Deal with it!
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Don't bring a knife to a gun... oh wait. Never mind.
    watershed likes this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Every home should have a K-BAR!

VIP Member
    @Oakchas: Well, even 40 + years back that wasn't the world's best location, being right off the traffic on 69, and close in to the down town area. No excuse for people to do what was done though.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by halem1 View Post
    Every home should have a K-BAR!
    Shotgun Joes next piece of advice?

You can win if you bring this knife to a gun fight awesome_knife.jpg (yest that is real and KVAR imports them and yes it is NFA)

Remenide me of this Nepali Gorkha who armed only with a Khurki knife took on 40 armed (some with guns ) train robbers and killed 8 hand to hand .. Never mess with a man who carries only one weapon

MYREPUBLICA.com - News in Nepal: Fast, Full & Factual
    tdave and Caertaker like this.
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    Women in the house, allowed two home invaders (who claimed to be looking for an unknown person) in anyway, the invaders produced guns and demanded money...

A male in the house heard the commotion, retrieved 2 knives and attacked one of the gunmen, both gunmen fled. One turned up at a hospital with stab wounds...

Story: http://www.desmoinesregister.com/art...nclick_check=1

Of note: 8th Home invasion in this year already, 11 for all of last year, in Des Moines, Iowa... Coming soon to a town near you, or me.

Dang Des moin .. Been up there a lot did not think it was that crazy

Also person wihtouth training takes on two armed gun men ... Either crazy or brave
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

I don't care how many knives you have that takes some stones to go after two guys armed with guns. Or maybe just need to be crazy.

Possibly just desperate.
    Ghost1958 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    Don't bring a knife to a gun... oh wait. Never mind.

I suppose the bottom line is: bring it, whatever "it" is. Offers some options beyond twiddling the fingers or asking to call 911.
    Ghost1958 likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I saw a guy get his arm filleted from the tricep nearly to his wrist with a machete in Honduras. Don't know if he lived or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Ducmonster View Post
    I don't care how many knives you have that takes some stones to go after two guys armed with guns. Or maybe just need to be crazy.

Possibly just desperate.
    As guilty as some CCW holders are of believing that the handgun is a talisman that will make thugs run away at the mere sight of one... I do think there are some thugs who feel their gun will ensure compliance with the same juju... And then, of course, there are toy guns, and airsoft that have ben painted to look real to convey the same juju...

In either case, the gun IS NEVER the primary weapon... And those who believe it is may discover that INTENT wielded by the adversary can defeat any weapon, in close...

bigdogtx, Phaedrus and Hopyard like this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Senior Member Array elmacgyver0's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WrongRecroom View Post
    You can win if you bring this knife to a gun fight awesome_knife.jpg (yest that is real and KVAR imports them and yes it is NFA)

Remenide me of this Nepali Gorkha who armed only with a Khurki knife took on 40 armed (some with guns ) train robbers and killed 8 hand to hand .. Never mess with a man who carries only one weapon

MYREPUBLICA.com - News in Nepal: Fast, Full & Factual
    What is it? Looks like pruning shears.

I wish I could throw a knife like that dude on the Magnifigant 7.
    Lee 1973 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by elmacgyver0 View Post
    What is it? Looks like pruning shears.

It is a gun knife

22 pistol in the but of a combat knife .. They are rare and AOW but they are out there 74165046903.jpg
    tdave likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    In either case, the gun IS NEVER the primary weapon... And those who believe it is may discover that INTENT wielded by the adversary can defeat any weapon, in close...
    Yup. Learned that one long ago in a handful of situations in which I'd been attacked. It's appalling what a person with the will to win liberally sprinkled with a bit of ruthlessness can accomplish, when it comes down to it, weapons or no. (Scared the heck out of me, that realization, though it was heartening to know I had it in me to 'refuse' such assaults.) It's a revelation just how much can be done without weaponry, if you keep your wits about you. Now, if only I'd add formal H2H skills to my tool kit ...

Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home with out. True, oh so true.
    Ghost1958 and WrongRecroom like this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links