FL: Road Rage gone BAD! Driver shoots himself.

This is a discussion on FL: Road Rage gone BAD! Driver shoots himself. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Man accidentally shot self in road rage incident, Orlando police say Man accidentally shot self in road rage incident, Orlando police say | News - ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: FL: Road Rage gone BAD! Driver shoots himself.

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar

FL: Road Rage gone BAD! Driver shoots himself.

Man accidentally shot self in road rage incident, Orlando police say

Man accidentally shot self in road rage incident, Orlando police say | News - Home

Mods if running please delete.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

2. Remove Ads

New Member Array VoodooMountain's Avatar
    Stupid hurts...
    gatorbait51 and BugDude like this.

Some people shouldn't have guns.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    I carry a gun, because a Cop is too heavy.

This may have been a self-defense scenario, however, it is unclear if Coles was really engaged in a "road rage" incident (with brandishing) or if he merely had an ND while playing with his gun. For some reason, the story just doesn't ring true.
    gatorbait51, oakchas and WHEC724 like this.

I feel like I know less after reading the article. My only though is that Darwin must have smiled when the shooter said, "Boy, I showed him, look at him drive away after I shot myself in the leg with my own friggin gun".
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Typos are for the entertainment of the reader. Don't let it go to your head

Give this guy a medal, he was just defending the innocent citizen in the other car from his own aggression and stupidity.
    Badey and gatorbait51 like this.

It reads as though the idiot shot himself and then invented the other driver in a lame attempt to salvage his pride.......

well, that is one "I be a bad a__ " epic fail. As all of us here know - You carry a gun and road rage is a thing of the past.
    It's Orlando (not a population of the sharpest knives in the drawer) so I believe his story 100%......everyone is a gunslinger when they get behind the wheel.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Drives BMW, shoots himself in leg. Lmao. Nice choice in wheels though! Look like Vossen VVSCV3's in Matte Graphite!
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    NRA Member
    Criminology Student
    Expert in learning :)

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    He must have failed that safety part of his CCW class. Yes Harold, they do bite.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

Do we know whether or not he was legally carrying?
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    "My problem with life is not that it is rational nor that it is irrational, but that it is almost rational." - G.K. Chesterton

I guess that could be intimidating. "I just shot MYSELF - imagine what I'm willing to do to YOU!"
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Badey View Post
    Do we know whether or not he was legally carrying?
    probably not legal. If he had a permit that would have been the headline "Legal gun owner bla bla bla"
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

I read the article three times, ok ok twice and I still don't know what happened. If some other driver waved a gun at this guy how did this guy shoot himself in the leg?? Did the original gun waver and this "victim" at some point pull over and end up in a struggle and somehow end up with the weapon discharging and striking the "victim" on the leg?? I just cant make heads or tails of what really happened here. Its all very confusing and unclear, or did this "victim" at some point say to himself "ah ok wave a gun at me will you!! Well I will show you!!! Where's my Glock!!!.......see what I did there??
    gatorbait51 and msgt/ret like this.
    Those are my principles, and if you don't like them.....well, I have others.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    probably not legal. If he had a permit that would have been the headline "Legal gun owner bla bla bla"
    Anyone in FL who is 18 and over and legally allowed firearm possession can have a concealed firearm in a private conveyance as long as it "securely encased," which can be an unlocked console, glove box, snapped holster, yadda-yadda. In fact , even open displayed in a private conveyance is legal as long as "securely encased." So it may very well been "legal."

Road rage is such a frequent occurrence here that if I posted most of them, the DC server would crash.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links