Texas DA charged with brandishing

This is a discussion on Texas DA charged with brandishing within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Texas DA allegedly gets cut off in traffic then follows vehicle and threatens other driver Texas Attorney Charged With Aggravated Assault With Gun in Alleged ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Texas DA charged with brandishing

Texas DA allegedly gets cut off in traffic then follows vehicle and threatens other driver

Texas Attorney Charged With Aggravated Assault With Gun in Alleged Road Rage Incident - ABC News
    rcsoftexas and gatorbait51 like this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Well I'd surmise she's in some pretty deep doo doo. Plus as I see it she broke a cardinal rule when dealing with the police.

She should have invoked her 5th Amendment right to remain silent.

At the minimum she needs some anger management counseling after her trial is over.
    gatorbait51 and baren like this.
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    Give me Liberty or give me BACON!!!
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

She should be made an example of for others that think this type of behavior is acceptable.
    1911 when a follow up shot just isn't an option

I dont know this sounds a little hinky to me. Prosecutor goes ape and brandishes a weapon in a parking lot. Possible I guess.

Im leaning toward believing her side of the story this time. She claims he followed her in and got out on her. Since there are surveillance cameras that are being checked it shouldnt be hard to know whos telling the truth.

My gut just sort of says she is the one being honest here. But thats just my gut. I could have ate to much crab tonight too
    Aceoky and gatorbait51 like this.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost1958 View Post
    I dont know this sounds a little hinky to me. Prosecutor goes ape and brandishes a weapon in a parking lot. Possible I guess.

Im leaning toward believing her side of the story this time. She claims he followed her in and got out on her. Since there are surveillance cameras that are being checked it shouldnt be hard to know whos telling the truth.

My gut just sort of says she is the one being honest here. But thats just my gut. I could have ate to much crab tonight too
    Which story did you read?
    "she said she became angry after a vehicle cut her off as she drove along a suburban Houston highway last Friday afternoon. She then followed the vehicle into a local credit union parking lot and pulled up alongside the car, police told ABC News.

Police said the car's driver, John Leazer, 40, told them that Sciacca appeared “enraged” and pointed a shiny silver pistol at him while screaming obscenities as he exited his vehicle. Leazer's wife was also in the car at the time."
    "The entire incident was captured by the bank’s surveillance cameras, police said. The footage shows Sciacca's vehicle pulling up alongside Leazer's car in the lot, Leazer exiting his car and attempting to read Sciacca's license plate while on the line with 911, police said."
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I tend to think that this DA felt "entitled". That she was more than a bit full of herself.

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    "she said she became angry after a vehicle cut her off as she drove along a suburban Houston highway last Friday afternoon. She then followed the vehicle into a local credit union parking lot and pulled up alongside the car, police told ABC News.

Police said the car's driver, John Leazer, 40, told them that Sciacca appeared “enraged” and pointed a shiny silver pistol at him while screaming obscenities as he exited his vehicle. Leazer's wife was also in the car at the time."
    "The entire incident was captured by the bank’s surveillance cameras, police said. The footage shows Sciacca's vehicle pulling up alongside Leazer's car in the lot, Leazer exiting his car and attempting to read Sciacca's license plate while on the line with 911, police said."

Yep Sir I stand corrected. I misread the article while stuffing my face with crab. Must have had drawn butter in my eyes. Shes toast.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

The fact she followed the other vehicle into a parking lot and drew on him should be enough to pull her CHL and have her fired. However that ABC article expects her to get off, next time i hope someone draws back and shoots her. What a jerk! Maybe she doing Anise Parker (Houston's very lesbian mayor)
    gatorbait51 and Ghost1958 like this.
    "A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves !"
    Edwards R. Murrow

Senior Member Array NickBurkhardt's Avatar
    Good thing John Leazer or his wife were not carrying also. I don't care who you think your are, if you point a gun at me or my wife and are not displaying a badge, then I definitely fear for my or her life and will respond appropriately.

Quote Originally Posted by NickBurkhardt View Post
    Good thing John Leazer or his wife were not carrying also. I don't care who you think your are, if you point a gun at me or my wife and are not displaying a badge, then I definitely fear for my or her life and will respond appropriately.
    Exactly!!
    gatorbait51 and Ghost1958 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost1958 View Post
    Yep Sir I stand corrected. I misread the article while stuffing my face with crab. Must have had drawn butter in my eyes. Shes toast.
    if i had been vested in a fine lobster I would have been reading something other than DC. Guess that tells us all just how highly you view this site. Kinda raises the bar in a good way.......You could invite a few of us along next time.

Another story about a brain not attached to the stem. A prosecutor..................no excuse.

If you go back to one of my first post's, I have a friend/acquaintance in trouble for brandishing. Court date keeps getting moved up. Feb. 10th. guess we will pray and see how he comes out. Not looking good though.

What was your dessert?
    Hopyard and gatorbait51 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by rcsoftexas View Post
    if i had been vested in a fine lobster I would have been reading something other than DC. Guess that tells us all just how highly you view this site. Kinda raises the bar in a good way.......You could invite a few of us along next time.

Another story about a brain not attached to the stem. A prosecutor..................no excuse.

If you go back to one of my first post's, I have a friend/acquaintance in trouble for brandishing. Court date keeps getting moved up. Feb. 10th. guess we will pray and see how he comes out. Not looking good though.

What was your dessert?
    LOL lets dont get carried away here. It was imitation crab, butter was real though. Desert?? Couple of left over fortune cookies from take out couple of nights ago
    rcsoftexas and gatorbait51 like this.

VIP Member
    It is common around here when you have a double turn lane, many times people in the inside lane cannot maintain control of their wobbling four wheelers and wind up crossing 2 or 3 lanes while attempting to turn. If you lay on the horn while sliding along the berm they just give you this slack jawed stupid look as if to say “Duh did I do something wrong?” At least unlike the prosecutor they do not draw down on you.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Quote Originally Posted by From the article
    The entire incident was captured by the bank’s surveillance cameras, police said. The footage shows Sciacca's vehicle pulling up alongside Leazer's car in the lot, Leazer exiting his car and attempting to read Sciacca's license plate while on the line with 911, police said.

According to police, Sciacca admitted to pointing the gun at Leazer, but claims she feared for her life and that it was Leazer who followed her into the parking lot. Sciacca has pleaded not guilty to the charges, her attorney, Dan Cogdelle, told ABC News.
    If the video and reporting is true, that the accused assailant's car followed the other into the bank parking lot, then she's got some explaining to do. Oh, wait! She already "explained" in interviews with the police. Oops.

DA = Do As. As in ... Do As I say, not as I do. At least, apparently with this one, if the charges are true.

If convicted and getting the book tossed at her, it would be interesting to know how many similar "questionable" 'rager incidents she heavily prosecuted.
    msgt/ret and rcsoftexas like this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post

read the story further.. she is pleading not guilty and says she was not the aggressor. Also... she appears to have called 911 since she was talking to a 911 operator.
    According to police, Sciacca admitted to pointing the gun at Leazer, but claims she feared for her life and that it was Leazer who followed her into the parking lot. Sciacca has pleaded not guilty to the charges, her attorney, Dan Cogdelle, told ABC News.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links