The Americar Rifleman Armed Citizen Citizen Column

This is a discussion on The Americar Rifleman Armed Citizen Citizen Column within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Every month, six or seven articles appear describing self-defense encounters involving armed citizens. It amazes me that most of these stories never receive anything beyond ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree83Likes

Thread: The Americar Rifleman Armed Citizen Citizen Column

VIP Member

The Americar Rifleman Armed Citizen Citizen Column

Every month, six or seven articles appear describing self-defense encounters involving armed citizens. It amazes me that most of these stories never receive anything beyond local coverage. I understand that they don't fit the anti-gun story line, but still...

Anyway, one was described in the latest issue which really grabbed my attention. In short, an armed bystander shot and killed two armed robbers. Here is an account:
    Krick's Korner store in Reading reopens for business day after deadly robbery | Home - Home

Not surprisingly, the perpetrators were quickly elevated to victimhood by their advocates who "demand justice":
    Families want justice for suspects killed after robbery of Krick's Korner store in Reading | Regional: Berks - Home
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I'm sure that the two that were killed were in the process of turning their lives around.

Seems like "turning your life around" is turning out to be a pretty serious "occupational hazzard".....

They want justice! Seems to me they already have it..

Yep, both decided to turn their lives around just after they robbed that store. One would have been an airline pilot the other a surgeon.

The would be getaway driver has been charged with murder: Way to go prosecutor.

Police ID dead Reading robbers | Regional: Berks - Home

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Every month, six or seven articles appear describing self-defense encounters involving armed citizens. It amazes me that most of these stories never receive anything beyond local coverage. I understand that they don't fit the anti-gun story line, but still...

Anyway, one was described in the latest issue which really grabbed my attention. In short, an armed bystander shot and killed two armed robbers. Here is an account:
    Krick's Korner store in Reading reopens for business day after deadly robbery | Home - Home

Not surprisingly, the perpetrators were quickly elevated to victimhood by their advocates who "demand justice":
    Families want justice for suspects killed after robbery of Krick's Korner store in Reading | Regional: Berks - Home
    Not to worry. PA's recently (a few years ago) passed Stand Your Ground law includes immunity from law suits if a self defense shooting is justified. This obviously was. The victim's family can rant and rave, but they have no chance in court.

Fitch
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

It's good to see that the police responded to the cries of injustice with a yawn.

“He had no right to shoot either William or Robert,” friend Frank Concepcion said.
    In disbelief, family members of the robbery suspects identify them as 19-year-old
    Robert Decarr and 21-year-old William Adina, a father of four.

You remember "they were exercising the right to rob"
    ep1953 and gatorbait51 like this.

Distinguished Member Array Glock2201's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post

Thanks for posting this Mike it is good to see. I am not amazed that it usually goes beyond local coverage. The anti gun media does not want people to know that law abiding citizens that are armed can stop crimes and defend themselves.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

From the dirtbags' families...

"[William] had no right to lose his life over something that man could have called the police for," said Medina. "He took the law into his own hands and walked away scot-free."

"How about if people just start running around here, policing the city on their own? How much worse is it going to get?" said Peter Ratel, Medina's cousin.

The family members said they are hurt by comments suggesting the alleged robbers were "thugs."

It's no wonder that these dirtbags lived a life of crime...which has now been ended...just look at the their family support systems.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Stories like this make me angry... The family expected the victim to take one for he team.
    RickyD and gatorbait51 like this.
    "My problem with life is not that it is rational nor that it is irrational, but that it is almost rational." - G.K. Chesterton

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Badey View Post
    Stories like this make me angry... The family expected the victim to take one for he team.
    The ENTITLEMENT society at its best.
    EDC - M&P Shield .40, Ruger P90, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Oh c'mon guys! Can you blame them? They are just doing what they are shown! Hard work is no longer rewarding. You do the right thing and you get taxed into poverty, while working your tail off so other people can stay home, pop out 27 kids and get a check each month. I am sure they were "entitled" to their share of the redistributed wealth they sought to acquire!
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJon10125 View Post
    Oh c'mon guys! Can you blame them? They are just doing what they are shown! Hard work is no longer rewarding. You do the right thing and you get taxed into poverty, while working your tail off so other people can stay home, pop out 27 kids and get a check each month. I am sure they were "entitled" to their share of the redistributed wealth they sought to acquire!
    Yup, and they got paid in commodities - lead & copper.
    ctr, BigJon10125 and gatorbait51 like this.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

VIP Member
    I just saw this at https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/rob...MjYyMjIzNjY5S0

When the video turns to the families of the 'poor' robbers who got what they deserved, it makes my blood boil. "The family then goes on to say that while their boy was a known drug user, he likely only robbed the store so he could get money to pay his child support." Oh, that explains it, they were robbing the store for child support! ()

"But the scary part of this is that the families of these thugs want to sue the man who ended their life of crime. And even though the state of Pennsylvania does not allow lawsuits against those involved in a justified self-defense incident, the families of the dead robbers can still file their paperwork. This means the honest citizen will still have to respond in some way. He may rack up legal fees while the courts move to dismiss the case. He still has to put up with the headaches and the stress this situation brings. He is still living in fear of retaliation from the 'good families' of these 'good boys.'"

Compare this news report to the one in Texas recently where a concealed carrying citizen stopped a robbery in progress. No interview with the BG's family, no attempt to paint the law abiding citizen as a vigilante. The news story reported the incident very positively. I hate when the news has to create some kind of moral equivalency that makes what the good guy did seem wrong.
    airslot, RickyD, bigpapa and 2 others like this.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

Distinguished Member
    If the families cannot discern between right and wrong, what hope do their children have?

If anyone should be charged, it is the families who let these delinquents down - they are at least as responsible for the deaths as the good guy who pulled the trigger in self defense; and the good guy had no choice, the parents and families certainly did.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links