Good (and bad): Armed citizens recognized, supported in Mexico

This is a discussion on Good (and bad): Armed citizens recognized, supported in Mexico within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Great that the people have both A: stood up for themselves, and B: generated enough support to be legitimized and supported by the military (after ...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By FireNerd
  • 1 Post By OldVet
  • 1 Post By Mike1956
  • 1 Post By StormRhydr
  • 1 Post By Fitch

Thread: Good (and bad): Armed citizens recognized, supported in Mexico

Good (and bad): Armed citizens recognized, supported in Mexico

Great that the people have both A: stood up for themselves, and B: generated enough support to be legitimized and supported by the military (after the military killed a few last week).

Bad: It appears that the people of Mexico "get it" more than the people here in America!

Also, this could be a blueprint for what WROL really looks like. Clear the Mexican state has lost control/been overwhelmed, and a (lightly) armed population has taken the duties to police upon themselves!

Vigilante groups fighting drug cartels join Mexican government forces - World News

http://abcnews.go.com/International/...carte-22255872
    StormRhydr and MikeNice like this.
    They think they don't need firearms because they never have needed them.

"God created man, but Samuel Colt made them equal (more or less)."

Practice makes perfect.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    A true "militia."
    BugDude likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    Reading the story, the militia members will have to register themselves and their guns with the government in order to attain their status legally.
    StormRhydr likes this.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Reading the story, the militia members will have to register themselves and their guns with the government in order to attain their status legally.
    That's the scary part . Who would put any faith in Mexican government or military ?

The problem is what ensures the militia will stop? That's how just about all of the civil wars and human rights violations started in Latin America. This could quickly get out of control and turn into an all out civil war right on the U.S. border. Don't get me wrong I'm glad these people have decided to stand up to the cartel violence, but it's happened numerous times already in Latin America where it doesn't stop there. There's a lot more risk involved than a lot of people realize. It's a great opportunity for the more radical and extremists to exert their influence. Right on the U.S. border, this could quickly become our problem as well. But as I said I am glad the people are standing up for themselves and I hope that really is all that they want to do.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

If they are under the control of the military are they still militia?
    BTW read the article on NK on the same page. Link at the bottom. Sad yet funny.
    We have different gifts,according to the grace given to each of us.

No way Id trust the govt with my name, or weapons, if I were those guys. They will end up disarmed & dead soon enough, if they do.
    tdave likes this.

The Military and Police there were often coopted with the Cartels policy of Silver or lead. Either go on the payroll or be killed. They were ineffective against the Cartels themselves and now they want to "legitimize" the vigilantes through incorporation and registration? Doesn't sound good to me.

If those militias acquire leftist or --god forbid-- communist bent, all of a sudden it doesn't sound like a very good idea anymore. Armed rebel groups were (and in some places are) still a problem in Latin America.

Vigilante leaders will have to submit a list of their members to the Defense Department, and the army will apparently oversee the groups, which the government said "will be temporary." They will be allowed to keep their weapons as long as they register them with the army.
    Bad, bad idea. Registration = Confiscation or worse.

I can see the "paid for military" sending a list to the cartels with the name, addresses and what guns they own of all militia members.

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    That means the cartels will know who to go after as soon as one of their moles leaks the registration data. Registration leads to nothing good.

Fitch
    Wolf357 likes this.
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

Ex Member
    That is the BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mexican farmers can buy AK's or AR's BUT people in California, NY, or the other Lib states cant. That is the funniest thing I have heard in weeks.

Links