OH: Home invasion stopped by sleep over

This is a discussion on OH: Home invasion stopped by sleep over within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Man walking home accosted by knife wielding thugs, who followed him home. A friend who was sleeping over upstairs, felt something "wasn't right" and "popped" ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By JDE101

Thread: OH: Home invasion stopped by sleep over

OH: Home invasion stopped by sleep over

Man walking home accosted by knife wielding thugs, who followed him home. A friend who was sleeping over upstairs, felt something "wasn't right" and "popped" the thugs and shot at them after chasing one down... no one hurt.
    LEO caught the thugs later.

My guess is it ain't the best neighborhood... and no word on charges...

Story here
    Politicians, take note of Colorado 9/10/2013.
    "You are elected to service, not power.
    Your job is to "serve us" not to lord power over us."
    Me, 9/11/13

2. Remove Ads

No, that isn't the best neighborhood in Columbus. I don't think it is the worst, but definitely not the best. I wonder if the guy who chased the BGs might not be charged himself! Chasing someone out of the house and continuing to shoot at them is a big NO NO! You are allowed to use lethal force to stop a threat to your life or the life of someone else and/or to stop grave bodily harm, but if someone is running away, they are no longer a "threat" to you!!! It will be interesting to see how this turns out. Will depend on the police and the prosecutor to determine who all they wish to charge.
    molleur, fredg53 and 1 old 0311 like this.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

He said he "popped" them?????

Distinguished Member Array squid86's Avatar
    Glad no one got hurt, but the moment they started running away the threat is gone. He shouldn't have shot at them running down the street. I could see him getting in trouble. But it depends.

Sent from my DROID RAZR
    USN Veteran
    "A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Links