Armed Passenger Arrested ....NOT

This is a discussion on Armed Passenger Arrested ....NOT within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; The way it should be. Sanford airport police hold gun rather than arrest armed passenger stopped by TSA Orlando Sentinel...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Armed Passenger Arrested ....NOT

The way it should be.

Sanford airport police hold gun rather than arrest armed passenger stopped by TSA
    Orlando Sentinel
    lionround, gatorbait51 and ccw9mm like this.

Distinguished Member Array lionround's Avatar
    Finally some common sense. All too uncommon.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    I busted a mirror and got seven years bad luck, but my lawyer thinks he can get me five.
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

I agree with the result, but was the passenger was lacking common sense in some respect?

He made a mistake and officials acting in good faith and common sense made the situation better instead of worse. This is what we should have reason to expect instead of what we often dread will be the outcome.
    ctr, tcox4freedom and gatorbait51 like this.

VIP Member
    A very good outcome. Common sense prevailed and officials didn't make a criminal out of an ordinary citizen.
    tdave likes this.

Go team!
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

Hey that's my airport in my town about 5 minutes from the house. I did see this in the local news. I'll still be surprised if some people aren't in trouble over this though.

Distinguished Member Array DingBat's Avatar
    ...and how shocked will we be if this becomes a "scandal"?

"TSA agents allowing armed and dangerous gun nuts onto airplanes."

some woman screeching..."why didn't they lock him up and throw away the key?" "my kids couldv'e been in that airport!" "don't we put anyone in prison who brings a gun anywhere?" ...blah,blah,blah,

good for him, hope it stays under the radar...

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I wouldn't be surprised if he loses his CWFL as airport terminals are off limits to concealed carry in FL.

Prohibited areas:
    14. The inside of the passenger terminal and sterile area of any airport, provided that no person shall be prohibited from carrying any legal firearm into the terminal, which firearm is encased for shipment for purposes of checking such firearm as baggage to be lawfully transported on any aircraft; or

15. Any place where the carrying of firearms is prohibited by federal law.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    Lucky guy.
    -PEF, a Framer with a Steelie...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. All guns are always loaded.
    2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
    3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
    4. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

Sanford is a great airport that the wife and I use after we got fed up with OIA, Orlando Int Airport. A much smaller international airport but huge on courtesy! If you get a chance to use it, you will be pleasantly surprised! By the way, I am former military and have been in my fair share of airports, pre 9-11.....not a big fan.

VIP Member
    From article;

"To be honest, it was a miracle," Deegan said. "God intervened and answered my prayers."

AND:

Dale was out of the office Wednesday afternoon and did not have access to reports on the airport's previous armed-passenger cases. He did not recall how they were handled, he said. But Dale said the FBI agreed with his decision not to make an arrest Friday.

The FBI agent assigned to OSIA remembers getting a courtesy call from airport police about the incident, according to Special Agent Dave Couvertier, an FBI spokesman.

"The FBI is focused on potential federal violations. This didn't rise to our threshold," he said. "Any application of state law would be the responsibility of the state law-enforcement agency."
    END

In my never so humble opinion, he(Deegan) will not be prosecuted locally, if the Feds are not asking for his head on a stick.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Distinguished Member
    Common sense, what a concept...

I was flying through Atlanta Hartsfield last month and just as I was getting to the front of the security line a TSA agent came out from behind security and made an announcement asking anyone who carries to check their bags before entering the screening area. He said that if you carry past the initial screener (checking ID) you will be arrested, period. They have a 0 tolerance level regardless of circumstances. In Atlanta it is policy to arrest you with no questions asked. They may or may not prosecute you later, but arrest is not a question.

For those wanting to know, I ALWAYS know where my guns are, but I would be lying if I said I didn't triple check my bag...

I am glad it worked out for him and I respect the work he does.............but
    On Monday evening, Deegan returned from Columbus and retrieved his gun. He headed home to Fort Pierce without criminal charges, unlike more than 1,000 armed passengers arrested at U.S. airports last year, according to interviews and records.
    Too me he is just idiot number 1001.

Sorry for being harsh but you have to be a complete idiot to not remember you have a gun in a bag at an airport. Blah blah blah...we all make mistakes....maybe a shell casing that was left in an unused pocekt...

What gets me is: where the heck did he think he left it?
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    And what good would it do him if he didn't know where it was?
    suntzu likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links