UGLY: Man pulls gun on Girl Scout

UGLY: Man pulls gun on Girl Scout

This is a discussion on UGLY: Man pulls gun on Girl Scout within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Girl scout, seven, has gun pulled on her after knocking on door of suspect trying to sell him cookies | Mail Online Not sure what ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: UGLY: Man pulls gun on Girl Scout

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    Sig 210, Kavalander and lionround like this.

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    Dude obviously was NOT thinking!! He deserves whatever he gets.......
    Kavalander and msgt/ret like this.
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

Distinguished Member Array lionround's Avatar
    Those 7 year old home invaders can be dangerous. It is best to be prepared. /sarc off
    msgt/ret and Kavalander like this.
    If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

VIP Member
    He couldn’t have looked out the door and seen she was a Girl Scout, what a fool.
    lionround and Kavalander like this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Distinguished Member Array Glock2201's Avatar
    Have you seen the price of girl scout cookies? Who can blame the guy?
    BugDude, Brad426, fredg53 and 3 others like this.

I am the only one who read that and saw this fellow saying " I told you before I dont want any **** thin mints?

the_big_lebowski.jpg
    Kavalander likes this.
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

VIP Member
    Small wonder, given California's virtually non-existent gun laws.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

VIP Member
    You can't fix crazy sometimes. Paranoia will destroy ya. I feel for that father and his little girl. I hope this guy gets some mental health services (and is open to help) wherever he ends up in jail.
    Kavalander likes this.
    S&W M&P Full Size 9mm - Little FoxX IWB
    S&W Shield 9mm - FoxX Trapp
    Ruger 10/22 Takedown
    NRA Life Member/GOA Life Member
    Don't let the high post count fool you...I'm just part of the welcoming committee.

It says he was arrested, but what for? He was in his own house? The report does not say he brandished the weapon, I thought that if you are in your own home you could answer the door in the nude, with a gun or whatever? What law has he broken by answering the door with a handgun in his possession? I understand if he threatened the girl with it, then he has a problem, but just answering the door with a handgun I did NOT think was illegal?

I don't think it was a wise thing to do, but am wondering what law he has actually broken? Occasionally I have strangers knock at my door and I will remove my hand gun from it's holster and keep it behind my back (as I answer the door) in case it's needed, the visitor will NOT see the weapon, but I am concerned if I am doing something illegal. I don't like opening my door to strangers.

Gary
    Eagleks likes this.

Distinguished Member Array DingBat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Glock2201 View Post
    Have you seen the price of girl scout cookies? Who can blame the guy?
    Quote Originally Posted by WrongRecroom View Post
    I am the only one who read that and saw this fellow saying " I told you before I dont want any **** thin mints?

the_big_lebowski.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Small wonder, given California's virtually non-existent gun laws.

isn't california one of these places banning sugary drinks and Trans Fats? i think he may go ahead and try for a self defense case. she was tryingto use lethal-fatty-foods force, and he simply responded in kind.

plus, as anyone who has daughters can attest, there are certain situations in which i would rather face down a triple felon than a 7 year old girl.

but seriously, this joker just made us all look bad, again, in a state where we don't need any more. thanks moron. stuff like this makes me think we should bring back the oubliette.

How'd she make it past the killer dogs and claymores?
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

Quote Originally Posted by thrasherg View Post
    It says he was arrested, but what for? He was in his own house? The report does not say he brandished the weapon, I thought that if you are in your own home you could answer the door in the nude, with a gun or whatever? What law has he broken by answering the door with a handgun in his possession? I understand if he threatened the girl with it, then he has a problem, but just answering the door with a handgun I did NOT think was illegal?

I don't think it was a wise thing to do, but am wondering what law he has actually broken? Occasionally I have strangers knock at my door and I will remove my hand gun from it's holster and keep it behind my back (as I answer the door) in case it's needed, the visitor will NOT see the weapon, but I am concerned if I am doing something illegal. I don't like opening my door to strangers.

Gary
    He pointed the gun at the girl.
    Temecula man allegedly points gun at girl selling Girl Scout cookies | abc7.com
    Ars longa vita brevis
    http://goo.gl/YN2P0h

VIP Member
    The story had this line: "Online jail records reveal Dodrill had been in custody less than two hours before the girl arrived on his doorstep." Does make you wonder what was really going on and why the guy was uh, grumpy.

Edited my original post because I didn't have the info that he allegedly pointed it at the girl.
    fredg53 and Sig 210 like this.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

They have Special Powers and their cookies are Magically Delicious!
    "If you can do it, you damn well better be able to look at it!".....Matt Helm

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kavalander View Post
    isn't california one of these places banning sugary drinks and Trans Fats? i think he may go ahead and try for a self defense case. she was tryingto use lethal-fatty-foods force, and he simply responded in kind.

plus, as anyone who has daughters can attest, there are certain situations in which i would rather face down a triple felon than a 7 year old girl.

but seriously, this joker just made us all look bad, again, in a state where we don't need any more. thanks moron. stuff like this makes me think we should bring back the oubliette.
    No, that is bloomburgville.

Oubliette, had to get out the Funk and Wagnels, there are plenty that should be used for.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links