SC: Stun gun armed robber shot by victim

This is a discussion on SC: Stun gun armed robber shot by victim within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Victim treated at hospital. Perp treated at morgue. Story here...

Like Tree13Likes
  • 2 Post By oakchas
  • 6 Post By KimBobTex
  • 1 Post By heritage1865
  • 2 Post By oneshot
  • 2 Post By oakchas

Thread: SC: Stun gun armed robber shot by victim

SC: Stun gun armed robber shot by victim

Victim treated at hospital.
    Perp treated at morgue.

Story here
    It could be worse.
    "The History of our Revolution will be one continued Lye from one end to the other."
    John Adams
    "A gun is kind of like a parachute. If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

2. Remove Ads

Nice. Never know what someone would do to you after you're disabled. Sounds justified to me.
    CC Gun: Springfield XD-S 9mm
    Other: Beretta Neos .22

Classic case of bringing a knife (uh...stun gun) to a gun fight.
    Duty is ours, consequences are God's.

- Stonewall Jackson

There seems to be a rash of driveway attacks recently, with several hitting the local nightly news as well. More reinforcement of my stance that your destination can be the safest place on Earth, but it's the journey that you have to be prepared for.

In the past, my wife has asked "really? you're gonna take your gun to my sister's house"? I've since shown her a few of these stories & those questions have stopped.

As I've explained to her, your sister is fine, I don't feel threatened by her at all, but it's the to and from our house & the car, to & from her house & the car, the drive itself (both directions), & any stops / errands along the way is the main concern. Car jack attempts, disabled on the side of the road, coming home to find an intruder inside the garage or house, etc. The destination, although not 100% safe as we all know, is the least of my concerns in these cases, it's the other 10 possible opportunities of misfortune to be prepared for.

So my polite answer is; "yes dear, I am taking my gun to your sister's house".

Being attacked unarmed in your driveway is the classic case of "so close, yet so far" as your firearm sits inside on your bedroom nightstand.

This guy dun good ... as even in his driveway, he was prepared.
    Asked by a CNN reporter "What do you feel when you shoot a terrorist"?, the Marine sniper simply shrugged & replied "recoil".

Now more than ever, we are at war on our home soil ... WAKE UP & arm our troops when they are on home soil!

Awesome!
    TheBigWanad likes this.
    Nations crumble from within when the citizenry asks of government those things which it might better provide for itself... Man is not free unless government is limited... As government expands, liberty contracts.
    -Ronald Reagan

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KimBobTex View Post
    There seems to be a rash of driveway attacks recently, with several hitting the local nightly news as well. More reinforcement of my stance that your destination can be the safest place on Earth, but it's the journey that you have to be prepared for.

In the past, my wife has asked "really? you're gonna take your gun to my sister's house"? I've since shown her a few of these stories & those questions have stopped.

As I've explained to her, your sister is fine, I don't feel threatened by her at all, but it's the to and from our house & the car, to & from her house & the car, the drive itself (both directions), & any stops / errands along the way is the main concern. Car jack attempts, disabled on the side of the road, coming home to find an intruder inside the garage or house, etc. The destination, although not 100% safe as we all know, is the least of my concerns in these cases, it's the other 10 possible opportunities of misfortune to be prepared for.

So my polite answer is; "yes dear, I am taking my gun to your sister's house".

Being attacked unarmed in your driveway is the classic case of "so close, yet so far" as your firearm sits inside on your bedroom nightstand.

This guy dun good ... as even in his driveway, he was prepared.

^I agree^^^^^^^^^^

I hear it all day, "ya really need that thing on/where we're going/at the store/sitting around the house/by the pool/cutting the grass/ around the bonfire"?

Uh, yeah.

I have the reverse take that most have.
    "Oh it most certainly CAN happen to me"
    SteelerFan and ccw9mm like this.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

The dirtbag got all he bargained for...an early retirement!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Sensible prosecutor presses no charges in this case.
    Story here
    ccw9mm and NickBurkhardt like this.
    It could be worse.
    "The History of our Revolution will be one continued Lye from one end to the other."
    John Adams
    "A gun is kind of like a parachute. If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

Quote Originally Posted by RETSUPT99 View Post
    The dirtbag got all he bargained for...an early retirement!
    Ditto..BG 0 GG 1.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

So, 5 rounds with 1 dud and 3 misses, yet the BG is pushing up daisies. Must be a very unlucky guy.
    Ars longa vita brevis
    http://goo.gl/YN2P0h

This also happened in MI punk kid ran up and tried to taze a man in the but well the stun gun failed to work but the mans 40cal worked just fine ....

Marvell Weaver, Teen Playing 'Knockout' With Stun Gun, Shot Twice By Victim
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    I am not a lawyer .. Just a dog typing on the internet ..Spelling media apparatus male portatili. Malo me non reprehendo
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Links