armed wedding invasion goes sour - Pakistan

This is a discussion on armed wedding invasion goes sour - Pakistan within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; original thread: Bride with hammer knocks down armed robber in Jhelum Basically, a bride and wedding guests take down an armed robber with a hammer ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By welder516
  • 1 Post By 1 old 0311

Thread: armed wedding invasion goes sour - Pakistan

original thread:
    Bride with hammer knocks down armed robber in Jhelum

Basically, a bride and wedding guests take down an armed robber with a hammer after locking two armed accomplices outside.

No gun play here, but a graphic example that attitude and situational awareness are important parts of the defensive strategy.

VIP Member
    What ever part of the world you never mess with a bride's wedding day .
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    "When the robber entered the living quarters, a lady of the house attacked him with a hammer which a carpenter had left in the house. The carpenter had come to repair a bed in afternoon and forgot his tool."

Is something fishy in Jhelum? What could cause a carpenter to forget his tool in a bedroom with the lady of the house? lol. Nicely done, bad news about the father getting shot.
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

wow, armed robbery of a wedding. that is taking scumbaggery to Jedi Master levels...

Ex Member
    Pakistan has a gun site?
    lionround likes this.

From the website pakguns.com:

"This is a website for Sportsmen by Sportsmen ! Our usage and interest in Firearms is only for sport and self defense use. Our community is young and growing by the minute. Don't just look, Join us !

IMPORTANT: ALL P.B / AUTO WEAPON DISCUSSIONS ARE PERMANENTLY BANNED AT PAKGUNS !! ONLY BOLT ACTION HUNTING RIFLES ALLOWED!!"
    If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

IMPORTANT: ALL P.B / AUTO WEAPON DISCUSSIONS ARE PERMANENTLY BANNED AT PAKGUNS !! ONLY BOLT ACTION HUNTING RIFLES ALLOWED!!"
    I just love my new Bolt Action AR15,the gas impingement system really helps me operate the bolt at lightning speed
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    When the robber entered the living quarters, a lady of the house attacked him with a hammer which a carpenter had left in the house. The carpenter had come to repair a bed in afternoon and forgot his tool. Repeated hammer blows knocked the robber down. He was overpowered by two ladies, including the bride, and the young man. The robber was found carrying two chambered TTs.
    When he gets to jail he will never live that one down.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Pakistan is right next to the USA in "gun culture." Their local gun laws vary as much as ours do, but in general, there's a British style permit and registration system... but after that, in most places CCW comes along with that. And they have the usual gang of antis trying to deprive them of their guns.

Though English is the country's official language, it's not the main language for most people, since Pakistan was put together out of a bunch of completely different countries. Their Federal government is modeled after the US system.

The "boilerplate" wording of ordinary politeness in Punjabi or Sindhi come across as florid to Americans, plus a lot of people seem to use cellphones for internet access, which leads to "creative" spelling. And it's a different culture, after all.

Sponsored Links