WV: LEO warns residents to be aware...

This is a discussion on WV: LEO warns residents to be aware... within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; A home invasion was foiled by a woman with a gun (who may have learned a lesson in weapon retention). Story here: Police warn of ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By goldshellback
  • 2 Post By JoJoGunn
  • 1 Post By xXxplosive

Thread: WV: LEO warns residents to be aware...

WV: LEO warns residents to be aware...

A home invasion was foiled by a woman with a gun (who may have learned a lesson in weapon retention).

Story here: Police warn of Wirt County home invasion - NewsandSentinel.com | News, Sports, Jobs, Community Information - Parkersburg News and Sentinel

This was posted from my mobile device, links may be for mobile... Deal with it!
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

2. Remove Ads

She got lucky.
    JoJoGunn and 6459 like this.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

There are many posts and threads about this very scenario. It is always a ruse to allow that person to break down your situational awareness and turn you into a victim. Like someone else said, she's lucky. This is how the wolves get the sheep and we need to be more aware of it.

First thing is : Do NOT open the door. That "barrier" between you and the dirt bag is there for a reason. There is nothing that says you absolutely have to open it.

Two: Tell them you are calling the Police to have them to "assist" and

Three : NEVER show your firearm unless you absolutely have to, especially when in close proximity to said dirt bag. She gave up her element of surprise and allowed him to attempt to disarm her.

We just cannot trust people these days due to their substance abuse problems and the fact that they want to steal from people just because.
    bigdogtx and WrongRecroom like this.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

"We just cannot trust people these days due to their substance abuse problems and the fact that they want to steal from people just because".

Absolutely.............+1.
    bigdogtx likes this.

Links