Snowplow driver to irate man: 'I'll move the snow, please don't shoot me'

This is a discussion on Snowplow driver to irate man: 'I'll move the snow, please don't shoot me' within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; A local story from here in Southeast Michigan. Apparently the snowplow driver had piled some snow behind a car, with the intention of trucking it ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Snowplow driver to irate man: 'I'll move the snow, please don't shoot me'

Snowplow driver to irate man: 'I'll move the snow, please don't shoot me'

A local story from here in Southeast Michigan. Apparently the snowplow driver had piled some snow behind a car, with the intention of trucking it away a few minutes later. The owner of the car (CPL holder) took offense and shot at the plow driver. It's all just from one side right now (the CPL holder was arrested and not available for media interviews), but this doesn't help the image of CPL holders in the liberal bastion of Ann Arbor. Fortunately, Michigan state laws don't allow local firearm laws, so the warped image Ann Arborites have of CPL holders won't mean the denial of rights in the city.

Snowplow driver to irate man: 'I'll move the snow, please don't shoot me' | MLive.com

2. Remove Ads

Let's hope it does result in the shooter never being able to legally touch a gun again.
    Ianthin and ConcealedinPA like this.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Shoot at the snow plow driver because he's doing his job? What's next to be okay, popcorn tossing?
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    Put the bucket up around chest level and see if the armed citizen can outrun a tractor in 4" of snow cover.
    BenGoodLuck, msgt/ret and Badey like this.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

The 39-year-old...[alleged perp] ... who holds a concealed pistol license, surrendered his gun and turned himself in, Schick said.

One suspects that the [alleged] perp would not want gun owners, and especially not concealed carriers on his jury (absent some highly unusual exculpatory evidence.)

Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.
    - - Sir Winston Churchill, 1941

I would ask what was he thinking, but obviously he wasn't.
    msgt/ret and Aceoky like this.

Any word as to whether or not alcohol was involved?
    "My problem with life is not that it is rational nor that it is irrational, but that it is almost rational." - G.K. Chesterton

VIP Member
    How hard would it have been to ask plow operator when he will remove pile?
    Aceoky likes this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    I don't condone the man's action but I do understand it. About 15 years ago some snowplow dimwit pushed snow behind my full size Bronco which was parked in my driveway. How much snow was it? It was 3 feet thick and reached the rear glass (about 4 feet off the ground). It was city snow so I shoveled it back in the street so the city could deal with it. I'm glad I did see him do it, I don't know what would have happened if I had.

This guy (the shooter) will/should become a felon with some serious jail time.
    Aceoky and Fitch like this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array SCXDm9's Avatar
    One of the problems with more CWP's is more people will have CWP's. Some of them should not!
    fredg53 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Knight View Post
    I don't condone the man's action but I do understand it. About 15 years ago some snowplow dimwit pushed snow behind my full size Bronco which was parked in my driveway. How much snow was it? It was 3 feet thick and reached the rear glass (about 4 feet off the ground). It was city snow so I shoveled it back in the street so the city could deal with it. I'm glad I did see him do it, I don't know what would have happened if I had.
    Yep, we have one..... and he'll bury my cars intentionally... because I complained to him about it "once". In the past a couple of times, I shoveled them all out and put the snow back in the street.... so now, after doing it .... he'll come around again to shovel back and bury my cars again if I clear it. Which I don't do......... Now I have a couple of jeeps.... and I'll park them across the street where's it's all clear.... because he puts all the snow on my side. Then ..... he's ticked , because the snow pile is about 10 ft from the curb on my side, and there's no vehicles.

Some of them, really like to jerk with you.

All depends..... but if he needed to get to work by 7:30 .. and it was 7:00 ...... and he had a 20 ft pile of snow behind his vehicle... I can see why he would be ticked. But, still no justification to shoot at anyone.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

I was grumpy when the plow went by and left a tall mound across the end of my driveway that I had cleared only a couple of hours earlier, but certainly not THAT grumpy. It's just how things go. I took it out on the snow, with a shovel. Got it cleared again in short order!

You know... I got really angered by the idgit that decided to park his crapota pickup in the spot I cleared not more than 15 minutes prior in front of the house so I could park my own FrankenJeep there. I wasn't angry enough to shoot the dumbdonkey over it.

It's all good though. I ran the snowblower down the sidewalk and when I got past the line with his front end I switched the output and piled a 4' high pile right up to the front bumper.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Insanity. More and more of this crap occurs, as we see how the 'rats in a cage' behave. Sad.

If as reported ...

Obviously he doesn't appreciate how snow gets moved. Take a swipe at it, take another swipe, come back again and clean up the remainder that has 'stuffed' the cars in question. Can't all be done in one pass ... even if an irate, negligent, murderous citizen is breathing down the neck of the guy with the snowplow.

Sadly, this idjet had a CHL. Though, I predict he won't much longer.
    msgt/ret likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links