11 year old Girl Shoots Cougar Stalking her brother!

This is a discussion on 11 year old Girl Shoots Cougar Stalking her brother! within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Washington girl, 11, shoots and kills cougar tracking her brother | Fox News Can't believe she shot the a Cougar Stalking her brother. if that ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: 11 year old Girl Shoots Cougar Stalking her brother!

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality

Washington girl, 11, shoots and kills cougar tracking her brother | Fox News

Can't believe she shot the a Cougar Stalking her brother. if that where me I would be pretty upset.
    hotShot and DontTreadOnI like this.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

VIP Member
    The fox news link you post had a pretty good take on it.

The UKMAIL link I read had a very subtle but anti gun anti killing tone to it.
    Girl, 11, shoots cougar that was following her brother in Washington State | Mail Online

Glad they have a good way of dealing with problem animals in that area of the country
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    The fox news link you post had a pretty good take on it.

The UKMAIL link I read had a very subtle but anti gun anti killing tone to it.
    Girl, 11, shoots cougar that was following her brother in Washington State | Mail Online

Glad they have a good way of dealing with problem animals in that area of the country

I guess my Joke wasn't that funny!
    DJC7 likes this.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Oh! I get it now.
    ”One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them.”
    ~Thomas Jefferson

"Carry your gun - it's a lighter burden than regret."
    ~Breda

Another case of a trained person using a firearm to save a life or at least to prevent serious injury to someone.
    Bisquit69 and tcox4freedom like this.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    poor kitty...
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    poor kitty...
    I was thinking more along the lines of Kim Cattral aka Samantha.
    NONAME762 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob99VMI04 View Post
    Washington girl, 11, shoots and kills cougar tracking her brother | Fox News

Can't believe she shot the a Cougar Stalking her brother. if that where me I would be pretty upset.
    She's a Husky.

The cougar was starving,had been chased away from the families cattle, so it was taken out. The girl has a cougar tag, see no problem at all. we live about 50 miles from Twisp, and we have had cougars around our place on occasion. If taken out, around here it is shoot, shovel, and shut up.
    tcox4freedom and NONAME762 like this.

I was expecting to see a 60 year old woman with heavy makeup and a short skirt
    CIBMike and WHEC724 like this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

The female cougar killed last week was about 4 years old and weighed about 50 pounds
    That ain't no cougar!
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

I like the idea of "shoot, shovel, and shut up." I would like to try that on one of my neighbors. ---Sturgis
    NONAME762 likes this.
    S&W 64-4 38 cal
    S&W 640 38 cal
    Glock19 9mm
    S&W M&P 45C
    Mossberg 500
    NRA Member

I've been stalked by cougars before. It can be unsettling, but shooting them seems extreme.

"Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    poor kitty...
    How long before PETA sticks their nose in on it.... Just the other day I read a similar story about a kid that shot a bear that was attacking and PETA attacked his actions and would far rather he died than his shooting a poor defenseless bear... Yeah right....
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    A half starved cougar is a very dangerous animal. It does appear to me that she may have been about to start taking human prey in order to survive. But, I wonder what would happen if nobody still had a tag/permit and killed the animal anyway?

-

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links