On the radio!

This is a discussion on On the radio! within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I was listening to talk radio this morning about all the carjackings and convenience store robberies. And then one of the callers said someone tried ...

Thread: On the radio!

VIP Member

On the radio!

I was listening to talk radio this morning about all the carjackings and convenience store robberies.

And then one of the callers said someone tried to carjack him a while back, so he pulled his .357 out of his pocket at them and they ran off.

"And that's why people need to carry," he said.

And the talk radio host agreed.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Well goooooodneesssss. Some media persons are intelligent. Glad to hear of a nonviolent success story that made it on the air. Every little bit helps the cause.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

A Scare Is Not Enough...

The only way these 'dirtbags' will stop is when they become 'lead catchers'...

Things certainly aren't getting any better...

I live in the Gainesville, FL area. I had just finished some 'home improvement' business this week, and the gentleman doing the work started talking about crime in the Gainesville area. His brother is a cop in town and has been involved most recently with five armed home invasions and armed robberies in broad daylight (all in great neighborhoods).

The suspects in the last robbery were apprehended in our largest mall...it was 30 minutes after the robbery (the cops had a car/suspect(s) description). They were observed parked in the lot and one of the guys was in the mall using the victim's credit card.

This guy's brother (the city cop) approached the vehicle and started a 'guarded' conversation and asked to see the camera that was in their back seat. The driver said sure, and handed it to the cop...the name on the camera matched the recent robbery victim whose paperwork was still being filled out at the crime scene. Needless to say, all the suspects taken into custody...and they were juveniles...we'll see what happens...

OMO...your opinion may vary!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    The only way these 'dirtbags' will stop is when they become 'lead catchers'...

Things certainly aren't getting any better...

:
    what more do i need to say.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

VIP Member
    The show I was listening to was "Miller in the Morning" on SuperTalk 99.7 WTN.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Assistant Administrator
    Postive stuff on radio? Wonderful and a welcome change.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Glad to hear! Hopefully they get more callers like that.
    I carry because I care.
    "An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject."
    "Cling to the Father and His Holy name, and don't go riding on the Long Black Train" - Josh Turner

Administrator
    Good News a .357 can make a world of difference.

I ALWAYS listen to talk radio.

My radio is pretty much glued to 104.7 FM ~ Especially when Michael Savage ~ The Savage Nation ~ comes on in the evenings.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Senior Moderator
    Is it really getting that bad around Nashville ?
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

VIP Member
    Recently, we've had multiple robberies and homicides at convenience & tobacco stores here, usually in the less savory part of town. One shopkeeper who was murdered had immigrated from Iran and was about to celebrate his 10th year of living in this country.

A few years ago some nut tried to rob a veteran at a Golden Gallon gas station here, and if I remember correctly, the vet shot and killed him.

Nashville is a hot spot for illegal aliens, and along with them came the MS-13 and SUR-13 graffiti. I'm not going to bother to tip-toe around the issue for political correctness - with a surge of illegal aliens comes surge of crime. Recently, one murdered a mom and her teenager daughter. Seems like the number of hit and run accidents have gone up, too.

Senior Moderator
    I'm not going to bother to tip-toe around the issue for political correctness - with a surge of illegal aliens comes surge of crime. Recently, one murdered a mom and her teenager daughter. Seems like the number of hit and run accidents have gone up, too.
    Amen to that.
    I wish I could say that we werent affected, but we are. A few months ago we had a couple of illegals rob someone at gunpoint in the parking lot at Walmart...in broad dalylight. That had never happended before the influx.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

hey, if the word illegal fits in with their description, that could be the first sign that they aren't worried about the laws of our country.

Living up here in northern Michigan, we don't have to worry to much about illegals from the south, but every once in a while we get a press release at the my work about a suspect coming over from Canada.

No worries about not being PC. Illegal is illegal!
    When the messenger arrives and says 'Don't shoot the messenger,' it's a good idea to be prepared to shoot the messenger, just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by Betty View Post
    Recently, we've had multiple robberies and homicides at convenience & tobacco stores here, usually in the less savory part of town. One shopkeeper who was murdered had immigrated from Iran and was about to celebrate his 10th year of living in this country.

A few years ago some nut tried to rob a veteran at a Golden Gallon gas station here, and if I remember correctly, the vet shot and killed him.

Nashville is a hot spot for illegal aliens, and along with them came the MS-13 and SUR-13 graffiti. I'm not going to bother to tip-toe around the issue for political correctness - with a surge of illegal aliens comes surge of crime. Recently, one murdered a mom and her teenager daughter. Seems like the number of hit and run accidents have gone up, too.
    Hi Betty!

You touched on something here that kinda pertains to my rant regarding the TN CCW process. The place that I've got to drive an hour and a half to in order to file my CCW application and get fingerprinted is a place called Morristown. Morristown is a hotbed of illegals and is known to have a very active chapter of MS-13. Yet, because of all the bureaucratic bovine excrement that I've got to go thru, I've got to travel to this place and spend the day UNARMED not once, but TWICE!
    For those unaquainted with MS-13, it is a latin gang (Based in ElSalvadore, IIRC) with a very interesting initiation ritual: An aspiring junior gang banger has to (in front of gang members as witnesses) walk up to an unsuspecting gringo (non-latin - usually meaning caucasian), and kill them without provocation. Nice folks, huh?

In any event, it's good news regarding the radio program you mentioned. In the area surrounding Knoxville, there were something like 10 self defense shootings in a two week period between Thanksgiving and Christmas. It's a nice contrast to what I've seen in other places: Here the Sheriff, Chief of Police or DA from the jurisdictions in question release statements to the effect of " The intended victim of a criminal act utilized their God given Second Amendment Right and shot their attacker. We have no plans to file any charges." (In common language, it is expressed here as "he needed killin'). Man, what a relief it is to live in a place where people still have some common sense!

Links