Straw buy = 2 dead and only 2 year sentence

This is a discussion on Straw buy = 2 dead and only 2 year sentence within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Graphic http://video.foxnews.com/v/329145211...=3291452114001...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree127Likes

Thread: Straw buy = 2 dead and only 2 year sentence

gatorbait51 likes this.
    YOU are the weapon, your firearm is just a tool!

The BUYER of the gun should be jailed for Accessory to Murder. The JUDGE should be removed from the Bench.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

The judge should be removed from the bench and charged with a crime. Accidents happen everyday in correctional institutions.
    Perhaps the straw purchaser will fall into the garbage grinder. Karma can be a pain in the watoosie.
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    Give me Liberty or give me BACON!!!
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

As someone who is a Strict Constitutionalist, I would not have found her guilty of any crime. There is nothing in the 2nd Amendment that say that we cannot buy firearms for other people. Many of us are old enough to remember a time before that particular unconstitutional regulation was put into effect. At some point, you have to take a stand and I choose to do it at the TOP of the slippery slope instead of somewhere down from there. Is it too difficult to conceive that perhaps the Founding Fathers knew what they were saying and SAID WHAT THEY MEANT when they said, "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED"?

Quote Originally Posted by CLASS3NH View Post
    The BUYER of the gun should be jailed for Accessory to Murder. The JUDGE should be removed from the Bench.
    If you loan your neighbor your hammer and he uses it to beat his wife to death, should you be found an accessory to murder? Not in any country that I would want to live in.

Most problems in life can be solved with sufficient quantities of high explosives -- or penicillin...

I HATE CENSORSHIP !!!

More info about me

Senior Member Array Crescentstar's Avatar
    I have been gone for a while and recently came back here. Starting to wonder why........
    gatorbait51, mano3 and BurgerBoy like this.
    "Clearly that's a YOU problem not a ME problem."

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamDahl View Post
    As someone who is a Strict Constitutionalist, I would not have found her guilty of any crime. There is nothing in the 2nd Amendment that say that we cannot buy firearms for other people. Many of us are old enough to remember a time before that particular unconstitutional regulation was put into effect. At some point, you have to take a stand and I choose to do it at the TOP of the slippery slope instead of somewhere down from there. Is it too difficult to conceive that perhaps the Founding Fathers knew what they were saying and SAID WHAT THEY MEANT when they said, "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED"?

If you loan your neighbor your hammer and he uses it to beat his wife to death, should you be found an accessory to murder? Not in any country that I would want to live in.
    You demonstrate a very poor understanding of The Constitution. The document provides that Congress shall have not only the authority but the duty to regulate the manner in which all such rights are not infringed. Preventing someone from buying a gun for someone who would otherwise not be allowed to have one, by the laws that the Constitution provides for, would be reasonable to ANYONE who should have any access to firearms. Those who whine about their rights being absolutely sacred per the 2nd, those who don't understand that the manner in which the protection provided by the document is to be determined by Congress, subject to the oversight of the judiciary, need to grow up and educate themselves. Your whining is pathetic.

As for your hammer analogy, the neighbor who loans the hammer has no INTENT to break the law. The woman who goes into a gun shop and fills out a carefully worded Form 4473 certainly does. Your analogy is intellectually lacking. As for not wanting to live in such a country, I have an easy solution for you....GET OUT! There are planes leaving every hour. Get on one.

This trash belongs in a prison cell for just as long as the mandated sentencing guidelines would allow.

Quote Originally Posted by Longstreet View Post
    You demonstrate a very poor understanding of The Constitution. The document provides that Congress shall have not only the authority but the duty to regulate the manner in which all such rights are not infringed. Preventing someone from buying a gun for someone who would otherwise not be allowed to have one, by the laws that the Constitution provides for, would be reasonable to ANYONE who should have any access to firearms. Those who whine about their rights being absolutely sacred per the 2nd, those who don't understand that the manner in which the protection provided by the document is to be determined by Congress, subject to the oversight of the judiciary, need to grow up and educate themselves. Your whining is pathetic.

As for your hammer analogy, the neighbor who loans the hammer has no INTENT to break the law. The woman who goes into a gun shop and fills out a carefully worded Form 4473 certainly does. Your analogy is intellectually lacking. As for not wanting to live in such a country, I have an easy solution for you....GET OUT! There are planes leaving every hour. Get on one.

This trash belongs in a prison cell for just as long as the mandated sentencing guidelines would allow.
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Longstreet View Post

Well, the 4473 is totally unconstitutional as far as I'm concerned also. Both the NFA of '34 and the GCA of '68 are unconstitutional. A government can no more legally or morally restrict the ownership or carrying of firearms than they can restrict the worship of a particular religion.

Obviously from your post, you are well down that slippery slope. Apparently you think that just because something is "the law", it makes it "right". Well, that's not the case and sometimes we have to stand up to it and say when it is wrong. Some of us are old enough to remember a time before GCA68. Apparently you are either too young to remember that or you have just grown complacent with having your rights slowly nibbled away by the leftists.

The only criminal here was the guy who shot the cop. He is solely responsible for his actions and trying to spread the blame does no good.

I tend to have a rather absolute take on the 2nd Amendment.
    JJVP, Yogi223, Ghost1958 and 3 others like this.

Most problems in life can be solved with sufficient quantities of high explosives -- or penicillin...

I HATE CENSORSHIP !!!

More info about me

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    I hear the read judge coming.
    glockman10mm likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Distinguished Member
    What CLASS3NH said.
    I shoot with a pistol and a Canon. We must all hang together amigos, or we will all hang separately. NRA life member.

Well, the 4473 is totally unconstitutional as far as I'm concerned also. Both the NFA of '34 and the GCA of '68 are unconstitutional. A government can no more legally or morally restrict the ownership or carrying of firearms than they can restrict the worship of a particular religion.

Obviously from your post, you are well down that slippery slope. Apparently you think that just because something is "the law", it makes it "right". Well, that's not the case and sometimes we have to stand up to it and say when it is wrong. Some of us are old enough to remember a time before GCA68. Apparently you are either too young to remember that or you have just grown complacent with having your rights slowly nibbled away by the leftists.

The only criminal here was the guy who shot the cop. He is solely responsible for his actions and trying to spread the blame does no good.

I tend to have a rather absolute take on the 2nd Amendment.
    I am all for debate on the limits (or lack thereof) on the 2A, but I don't think this thread is the place for it. That is what the "new topic" button is for.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

The BUYER of the gun should be jailed for Accessory to Murder.
    In OK she could have been charged with murder.

As someone who is a Strict Constitutionalist, I would not have found her guilty of any crime.
    Thankfully for law enforcement officers and society in general; you don't get to decide what is "Constitutional" and what is not. The US courts get to do that. This has nothing to do with the US Constitution. That crazy woman knowingly bought a gun for a violent convicted felon and member of a vicious gang. She is guilty of accessory to murder, at the least. The judge should be thrown off the bench.

i'm glad law enforcement ended that scumbags life of crime. That particular criminal died in a trash filled ditch beside the highway, how fitting.
    CLASS3NH and cjohnson44546 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Badey View Post
    I am all for debate on the limits (or lack thereof) on the 2A, but I don't think this thread is the place for it. That is what the "new topic" button is for.
    Perhaps, but by the very nature of this topic it is about the 2nd Amendment since the OP stated "straw purchase". For those of us who are Strict Constitutionalists, the concept of a "straw purchase" with respect to firearms is an infringement upon our 2nd Amendment rights. I can remember when it was perfectly acceptable for a country club or whatever to have a raffle for a firearm and the winner did not have to go through an FFL holder to get the firearm. The fact that some people think that we should have these straw purchase infringements just shows how much the leftists have slowly nibbled away at our rights to the point where people don't even realize what they've lost.

I HATE CENSORSHIP !!!

More info about me

The bleeding heart judge claimed the prosecution failed to show that the dingbat knew the violent convicted criminal would use the gun to commit violence. Yeah, right.

Woman Sentenced in Prison's Director Slaying Case - ABC News

This is not about loaning a hammer to somebody and they go and kill another with it, We're talking about going INTO a gunshop, filling out the 4473 form and INTENTIONALLY LYNING on it.
    . It was a STRAW purchase. From a FFL and Federal Law point of view, the BUYER violated Question #1 on the 4473 "Are YOU the actual buyer of the firearm" With this SHE broke a Federal law, making her an accessory to the Crime.
    Soooo... ....If I asked you to buy a gun for me, you'll do it? knowing it's for me whether I can LEGALLY OWN it....(not a Felon/Nutcase, etc etc) AND then hand it over to me? I DON'T think so my friend.
    Sig 210 likes this.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links