Happy Ending to Attempted Home Invasion

This is a discussion on Happy Ending to Attempted Home Invasion within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Guy breaks in, homeowner shoots him twice. Thug tries to drive away but wounded badly and found by a neighbor after fleeing thug crashes his ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Happy Ending to Attempted Home Invasion

Thumbs up Happy Ending to Attempted Home Invasion

Guy breaks in, homeowner shoots him twice. Thug tries to drive away but wounded badly and found by a neighbor after fleeing thug crashes his car.

"People are tired of this" say the residents in Kitts Hill, OH, meaning the burglaries.

So am I. To think, our government wants to make it harder to get and keep a gun. It won't stop things like this, only make it worse.

Suspect Shot by Homeowner During Burglary Attempt
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Happy ending indeed.
    gatorbait51 and Aceoky like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Distinguished Member
    I love it when the good guys/gals win. One less dirt bag to contend with.
    Aceoky, EMTJosh and gatorbait51 like this.
    I shoot with a pistol and a Canon. We must all hang together amigos, or we will all hang separately. NRA life member.

Great outcome. Bad guy lives to face the consequences of poor decisions, including having some lead removed from his face and abdomen. Hopefully he learns a lesson, and hopefully Lady Justice is swift and firm. Too bad the taxpayers have to foot the bill for a jail cell.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Keep the good news coming, America!
    gatorbait51 likes this.

From the article:
    Detective Jason Newman says about 2 p.m. Friday, Joseph F. Willis forced his way into a home along County Road 19 near the Kitts Hill area of Lawrence County.
    Now think about what you or your family members may be doing at 2PM. Yesterday, I didn't have to work and around 2PM I was probably in the living room on the laptop, halfway paying attention to the TV. Unless I had a gun already on me (I did), who knows if I would have been able to make it to one. You never know. Anytime, anywhere.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Charges against the burglar and not the home owner. Good call!
    gatorbait51, Ghost1958 and Aceoky like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post
    Guy breaks in, homeowner shoots him twice. Thug tries to drive away but wounded badly and found by a neighbor after fleeing thug crashes his car.

"People are tired of this" say the residents in Kitts Hill, OH, meaning the burglaries.

So am I. To think, our government wants to make it harder to get and keep a gun. It won't stop things like this, only make it worse.

Suspect Shot by Homeowner During Burglary Attempt
    To address your last point. Yes , it is obvious. Everyone a dependent ward of the State. The end goal.

Now to the story! Yes, yet another charming tale of good triumphing over evil. My heart leaps with unbridled joy.
    JoJoGunn, Aceoky, tdave and 1 others like this.
    EN MI VIDA AL MAL NO TEMERÉ, POR QUE EN MI CORAZÓN Y MIS DOS .38 SUPER COLT.

Quote Originally Posted by blitzburgh View Post
    Now think about what you or your family members may be doing at 2PM. Yesterday, I didn't have to work and around 2PM I was probably in the living room on the laptop, halfway paying attention to the TV. Unless I had a gun already on me (I did), who knows if I would have been able to make it to one. You never know. Anytime, anywhere.
    I'm retired and live in the Country. My day would be about what you described only I keep a 9mm in my pocket from the moment I'm awake until I go to bed. And there is a LOADED 357 in a holster bolted to the underside of my desk too.
    Too many Meth Heads in the Country and you never know. But mostly I carry because we have a Coyote problem that love to raid our chicken house and chase out cats. Snake problems too!
    I sleep with the 9MM next to my pillow and a shotty in a rack on my bed within reach from my sleeping position.
    My 45 in in a holster between the seats of my pickup.
    I am prepared, not paranoid!
    What have you done to prepare for the end of civilization as we know it?

Only down side I see in this story is that somebody is going to have to pay for that airlift to the hospital, one way or another.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Senior Member Array CommonCents's Avatar
    notice these stories never make it past local tv coverage. only the iffy/unjustified cases making gun owners look bad ever get national coverage.

VIP Member
    2pm? That's pretty brazen. I'm glad the homeowner was ready and prepared. Good reminder for all of us...it doesn't just happen at night or in town.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

A few of my gun friends (they carry too) think carrying in the home "is a bit much". I don't see how it's any different than carrying while out and about. I've tried explaining that just because you're in your home doesn't mean you're safely tucked away from evil. I didn't change anybody's mind...
    Aceoky likes this.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Distinguished Member
    Time after time we hear about incidents like this where no one other than the BG gets hurt because a responsible gun owner took steps to protect themselves or their family - and all we get is crickets from the media. The bias and desire to only paint ugly bad images about guns and the people who own them is incredible.
    blitzburgh and Aceoky like this.

I agree with all that has been said. Armed 24/7 is my motto.
    blitzburgh and bigpapa like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links