GOOD (and INSANE) - Armed robber's family is angry after he's shot robbing a store

GOOD (and INSANE) - Armed robber's family is angry after he's shot robbing a store

This is a discussion on GOOD (and INSANE) - Armed robber's family is angry after he's shot robbing a store within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; The family of a suspected thief is lashing out after their son was shot during an armed robbery. Relatives of Adric White, 18, believe the ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree129Likes

Thread: GOOD (and INSANE) - Armed robber's family is angry after he's shot robbing a store

VIP Member

The family of a suspected thief is lashing out after their son was shot during an armed robbery. Relatives of Adric White, 18, believe the Good Samaritan who opened fire should have “just left the store.”

Armed Robber's Family Is Angry After He Is Shot Robbing A Dollar Store! | Mr Colion Noir

Good for you, Good Samaritan! Sorry, Adric - EPIC FAIL! The relative of this scumbag deserves to be prosecuted too, at least for stupidity in opening her dang mouth. At least the guy's parents had the good sense to decide not to publicly comment.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

Senior Member Array WannabeaCPA's Avatar
    They weren't angry that the person was stealing but just that the person was caught and faced the consequences. Dumb dumb dumb
    Gun control isn't about guns...it's about control. It also makes criminals out of otherwise law abiding citzens.

Senior Member Array SigIsTheAnswer's Avatar
    This is society now. He wasn't stealing. He was liberating stuff from a cruel and heartless corporation that reduces employees to nothing but slaves and steals food straight from the common mans mouth. He was Robin of the Hood. We should have rallies for this poor minority who needs a hand out and to be carried and pampered his entire life. Damn you and your families. How dare you question where your taxes go and complain about waste. This boy, no man, NEEDS your hard earned dollars to provide for his drug usage that was created by the Conservative American gov't. FOR SHAME!!

I could go on and on with my sarcasm. We really need to start educating our youth on personal responsibility, Gov't, and money. People like this and their families are the reason we will collapse.
    Sig Sauer P516, Sig Sauer P229 Scorpion ,Sig Sauer M11-A1 TB, Beretta PX4 Storm compact, FN Five SeveN 5.7, Glock 30 Gen 3
    Glock 26 Gen 4

Semper Fi USMC 0341/8152 2003-2007
    Army National Guard 11C 2009-2014

VIP Member
    The part that really sickens me is the woman ranting that the gunman wasn't pointing his gun at the Good Samaritan's head, so why did he have to shoot. She truly believes that if other people are in grace, life-threatening danger, we are expected to do nothing. To me, she is the bigger criminal than the robber.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

Quote Originally Posted by BenGoodLuck View Post
    The part that really sickens me is the woman ranting that the gunman wasn't pointing his gun at the Good Samaritan's head, so why did he have to shoot. She truly believes that if other people are in grace, life-threatening danger, we are expected to do nothing. To me, she is the bigger criminal than the robber.
    Times like this that Social Darwinism needs to be put to the test. people like her wouldn't live long without tax payers to feed and cloth her.
    Sig Sauer P516, Sig Sauer P229 Scorpion ,Sig Sauer M11-A1 TB, Beretta PX4 Storm compact, FN Five SeveN 5.7, Glock 30 Gen 3
    Glock 26 Gen 4

VIP Member
    So if the store employee who had the gun to his head would have shot him it would have been ok?
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Distinguished Member
    A large part of our society simply cannot accept that they are responsible for their own actions. Everything is always someone else's fault.
    Last edited by Rock and Glock; March 13th, 2014 at 07:16 PM.

Senior Member Array CommonCents's Avatar
    The family should be cited for stupidity.

The thug should be able to be sued civilly by the good samaritan for causing him distress and probably $$ for legal bills.

I remember a case about 20 years ago, somewhere in the Midwest (I do remember it wasn't Indiana), where a store customer shot and killed a robber who had a gun. The customer shot the robber in the face, killing him instantly.

The local DA did not bring charges and declared the shoot a good one. The family of the robber, who it seems was age 18-19, sued in civil court, claiming emotional distress and other damages, as their son had been grossly disfigured and that a proper (meaning, to them, an open casket funeral service) was not possible. They claimed his decision to shoot their son in the face was not justified and that he could have shot him elsewhere.

It's been a lot of years, and I've slept since then, but the jury found in favor of family and their award against the customer was something like $15,000.

If you're ever involved in a shooting, the criminal side is the easy one for you to be cleared. It's the civil side that's so damn unpredictable.
    Old Sarge, tdave, airslot and 5 others like this.

Personal responsibility's a booger, sometimes. Pretty unforgiving, too.

To the family who've lost the would-be murderer in the family: cope.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by Longstreet View Post
    I remember a case about 20 years ago, somewhere in the Midwest (I do remember it wasn't Indiana), where a store customer shot and killed a robber who had a gun. The customer shot the robber in the face, killing him instantly.

The local DA did not bring charges and declared the shoot a good one. The family of the robber, who it seems was age 18-19, sued in civil court, claiming emotional distress and other damages, as their son had been grossly disfigured and that a proper (meaning, to them, an open casket funeral service) was not possible. They claimed his decision to shoot their son in the face was not justified and that he could have shot him elsewhere.

It's been a lot of years, and I've slept since then, but the jury found in favor of family and their award against the customer was something like $15,000.

If you're ever involved in a shooting, the criminal side is the easy one for you to be cleared. It's the civil side that's so damn unpredictable.
    If that was me I would then turn around and sue every single member of the court for emotional and financial damages. If someone is gonna lay an egg on me over stupidity I will find away to pass the buck back to them. I would also sue the family of the thug who was killed. I would state I had PTSD from having to use force to protect myself and others. The violence the young thug incurred has deprived you emotionally and that you fear you will will looked at differently the rest of your life. Then I would say it was the families fault for raising him to be that way. I would find some way of protecting my assets.
    Glock 26 Gen 4

RKM
    Unfortunately, this kid, who apparently thinks he's pretty tough according to his mugshot, will only survive, to be able to brag, and get street cred for being shot and living to tell about it. I doubt being shot will change the way he lives his life. His family are a bunch of idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by SigIsTheAnswer View Post
    Times like this that Social Darwinism needs to be put to the test. people like her wouldn't live long without tax payers to feed and cloth her.
    I love it!!!! Robin of the Hood. Couldn't have said it better myself.
    tdave, CIBMike, airslot and 2 others like this.

If only he had been shot appropriately so he couldn't breed.
    Last edited by tdave; March 12th, 2014 at 01:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RKM View Post
    Unfortunately, this kid, who apparently thinks he's pretty tough according to his mugshot, will only survive, to be able to brag, and get street cred for being shot and living to tell about it. I doubt being shot will change the way he lives his life. His family are a bunch of idiots.
    Eh...I doubt he's going to be bragging for a while. He's not exactly a big fish. Looks like a scrawny little twerp. I doubt he'll have much to brag about short of how fast he can pick up a dropped bar of soap...
    BenGoodLuck and gatorbait51 like this.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links