Good/Maybe Bad: Maintenance man shoots two in Milwaukee

This is a discussion on Good/Maybe Bad: Maintenance man shoots two in Milwaukee within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Long story short - 3 people in an apartment building confronted a maintenance man while he was on the job. The situation escalated to a ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Good/Maybe Bad: Maintenance man shoots two in Milwaukee

Good/Maybe Bad: Maintenance man shoots two in Milwaukee

Long story short - 3 people in an apartment building confronted a maintenance man while he was on the job. The situation escalated to a point where 2 were holding the maintenance man down, beating him with a baseball bat, and he managed to pull his gun and killed two. Supposedly, there is video evidence and eyewitnesses to the incident so the police should be able to determine what happened quickly.

Two teens shot, killed in apartment building after assault - 620 WTMJ - Milwaukee's Source for Local News and Weather

My hope is that the maintenance man didn't do anything to start the physical violence. If that is true, then we have a great example of a DGU. If he contributed to the physical escalation, the it is an example of what not to do. Watch this case.
    Kahr CW380, Kahr P9, Walther P99AS

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    If it was a good shoot, we probably will hear little, if anything else about it. If not, we will hear quite a bit more about it.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    If it was a good shoot, we probably will hear little, if anything else about it. If not, we will hear quite a bit more about it.
    Your 100% correct, if the guy did something to promote the argument the news will be all over it saying it's just another example of some crazy guy with a gun.
    Mike1956 and BenGoodLuck like this.

Living in Wisconsin has been a hotbed of stories lately. Attempted recall of Governor Scott Walker, the outspoken Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke (who I think is great), and now this shooting. Battle lines will be drawn again. I hope people wait to hear the facts before they react to the story. But, my guess is that some groups will rally their bases and make it a huge natiional story (again).

Latest update show maintenance man in jail booked on two charges of homicide. May not have been a good shoot...Maintenance man involved in double fatal shooting now in jail - 620 WTMJ - Milwaukee's Source for Local News and Weather

Quote Originally Posted by mnmbrewing View Post
    Latest update show maintenance man in jail booked on two charges of homicide. May not have been a good shoot...Maintenance man involved in double fatal shooting now in jail - 620 WTMJ - Milwaukee's Source for Local News and Weather
    Stupid people. They have a generic picture of a spray painted Glock as their story pic. Look at the big bad gun.... Scary.
    Nations crumble from within when the citizenry asks of government those things which it might better provide for itself... Man is not free unless government is limited... As government expands, liberty contracts.
    -Ronald Reagan

Not a good area. Pretty much in the area people around here refer to as the core.

Glad he was able to defend himself and I hope he escapes prosecution.
    CC Gun: Springfield XD-S 9mm
    Other: Beretta Neos .22

Distinguished Member
    The fact that the shooter is in jail is not a certain indication of guilt. Zimmerman's arrest was purely political. I will need to hear a lot more to blame a guy who didn't shoot till he was being beaten by a baseball bat. Who were the witnesses besides the 3rd assailant? Their family and friends? Lot of questions still out there. What are the politics of those behind the arrest?

Keep an open mind here (although as I say that I must admit I am not neutral at this point).
    Bad Bob and Aceoky like this.
    Typos are for the entertainment of the reader. Don't let it go to your head

Not sure what really happened but I do know that being arrested doesn't = guilty, bad shoot. Hope more comes out, like that supposed video of the incident.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

VIP Member
    Madison and Milwaukee are not typical of Wisconsin, the Milwaukee DA is a jack wagon. Why is he still holding the man? granted we don't know all of the info yet.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

Senior Member Array CommonCents's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    Madison and Milwaukee are not typical of Wisconsin, the Milwaukee DA is a jack wagon. Why is he still holding the man? granted we don't know all of the info yet.
    aside from the facts and outcome of this case, you gotta think there are big political battles in WI and Milwaukee especially after the milwaukee county sheriff ( i assume that jursidiction) has put out PSA's on the public getting training and arming themselves. I'm sure some libiots are drooling at an opportunity to shove that back into the sheriffs face.

watch the libiot media get a hold of the TX case too, where a daughter lied about knowing a guy in her room in the middle of the night that the father ended up shooting after the guy didn't comply and was reaching for something.

The meme is the national media will never pick up true justified shooting cases that saved lives, and will only highlight marginal or bad shooting cases. The low information reader will be brainwashed into thinking almost every case they see is "bad". It's called LYING BY OMISSION in my book. The media should be required to provide context and proportional reporting.

Quote Originally Posted by sliderbk View Post
    Long story short - 3 people in an apartment building confronted a maintenance man while he was on the job. The situation escalated to a point where 2 where holding the maintenance man down, beating him with a baseball bat, and he managed to pull his gun and killed two. Supposedly, there is video evidence and eyewitnesses to the incident so the police should be able to determine what happened quickly.

Two teens shot, killed in apartment building after assault - 620 WTMJ - Milwaukee's Source for Local News and Weather

My hope is that the maintenance man didn't do anything to start the physical violence. If that is true, then we have a great example of a DGU. If he contributed to the physical escalation, the it is an example of what not to do. Watch this case.
    What is a DGU?

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    YEP!
    "Don't shout for help at night, you may wake your neighbors"

Quote Originally Posted by Bhoffman View Post
    What is a DGU?
    Defensive Gun Use
    It doesn't even necessarily mean a shot was fired. (Most criminals will change their minds right quick when the would-be victim draws a gun.)

Quote Originally Posted by CommonCents View Post
    aside from the facts and outcome of this case, you gotta think there are big political battles in WI and Milwaukee especially after the milwaukee county sheriff ( i assume that jursidiction) has put out PSA's on the public getting training and arming themselves. I'm sure some libiots are drooling at an opportunity to shove that back into the sheriffs face.

watch the libiot media get a hold of the TX case too, where a daughter lied about knowing a guy in her room in the middle of the night that the father ended up shooting after the guy didn't comply and was reaching for something.

The meme is the national media will never pick up true justified shooting cases that saved lives, and will only highlight marginal or bad shooting cases. The low information reader will be brainwashed into thinking almost every case they see is "bad". It's called LYING BY OMISSION in my book. The media should be required to provide context and proportional reporting.
    There is virtually no such thing as a journalist anymore.
    "The time is now near at hand which must determine whether Americans are to be freemen or slaves."
    ------------------------------------ George Washington 1776
    Gun free zones
    are safe havens-
    FOR CRIMINALS

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links