CA: Home Defense done "right."

This is a discussion on CA: Home Defense done "right." within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; From the article: The homeowner and his guest, whose name was withheld, barricaded themselves in a bedroom, and the homeowner fired once in self-defense, police ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By ep1953
  • 1 Post By high pockets
  • 1 Post By RETSUPT99

Thread: CA: Home Defense done "right."

From the article:

The homeowner and his guest, whose name was withheld, barricaded themselves in a bedroom, and the homeowner fired once in self-defense, police said.
    The invader armed himself with a "breaker bar, and forcibly entered the home...

The invader ended up dead.

This story apparently involves a domestic situation gone bad... between tenants in the house and the invader... Hard to know the "players" without a program...

Story here
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Distinguished Member
    No details in this one - "The homeowner and his guest, whose name was withheld, barricaded themselves in a bedroom, and the homeowner fired once in self-defense, police said."

It doesn't say if the assailant tried to break into the bedroom or not - it sounds like he did, but no one actually states this in the article. With this limited information it is hard to say if this was a good shoot or not - it was a home break-in so the benefit of the doubt has to go with the shooter, but still...

Who reports like this? They spent way more time trying to find neighbors who may or may not have ever met someone who lives there and skipped the important part about how the shooting went down.

Well at least the state of CA won't have to spend any more tax payer money on this particular POS.
    Bama61 likes this.

I hope "barricaded ... in a bedroom" does not mean "shot through a closed door."

Other than that, it sounds like a righteous shoot, but the information is somewhat sparse.
    RickyD likes this.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ep1953 View Post
    Well at least the state of CA won't have to spend any more tax payer money on this particular POS.
    Agree
    NRA Member
    GOA Member
    US Army Vet

The news story was poorly written. The info in this story is sketchy at best. I hope the homeowner is vindicated if it was a home invasion.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

I was beginning to wonder if my "sometimers" was kicking in as it was difficult to follow the article's poorly written story line.
    At least it had a proper ending...another dead home invader.
    Longstreet likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Links